Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DashPony

Ok so this one definitely isn't as good as my last one (in my opinion at least) but here we go.....

I started this purely as an experiment to see what the NeXus VST is capable of, but it ended up sounding pretty cool, so... I decided to keep it :P

I am aware that the piano melody is boring... I apologize for that. I did it free style, and in one take. I tried expanding on it, but it just ended up sounding worse lol. If anypony wants to remix this to make it more epic, go for it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qglNidAHCLk&feature=plcp

• Brohoof 6

It doesn't sound boring to me, it's smooth, simple and hypnotic in a way. Very reminiscent of the night and the silence & tranquility it brings with it. So I'd say that at least in some ways, you definitely captured what you were aiming for :3

Love the image btw, that's really sweet <3

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't sound boring to me, it's smooth, simple and hypnotic in a way. Very reminiscent of the night and the silence & tranquility it brings with it. So I'd say that at least in some ways, you definitely captured what you were aiming for :3

Love the image btw, that's really sweet <3

I was worried that because it was simple, it would come across as boring. I'm glad everyone thinks otherwise though :D

Thank you. My wife made the cover art :)

Thou hath talent, my friend.

Thanks! :D

This is beautiful and definitely not boring.

Thank you. I'm glad it's not boring B)

Not sure how I overlooked this before, but at least I saw it now!

This is amazing! I remember your first song, it sounded like you had been making music for at least 2 years!

I'm going to lucid dream every night with this song now :D

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

must download for bed time

not saying it bores me to sleep

its really relaxing, to me anyway :)

Thank you! I'll go ahead and put a download link on the video asap :)

Not sure how I overlooked this before, but at least I saw it now!

This is amazing! I remember your first song, it sounded like you had been making music for at least 2 years!

I'm going to lucid dream every night with this song now :D

the Phony Brony

Thank you! A well known brony musician like you saying my music is good.... it kind of blows my mind :blink:

The song One More Story(Twilight Sparkle)? That was a combination of MIDI input and loops. I hate using loops, so I plan on remaking it soon now that I know a little more about music :)

Edited by DashPony
  • Brohoof 2

It was a combination of MIDI and loops? Well it was a GOOD combination of MIDI and loops :D (yeah that song)

I don't think it should blow your mind; I'm not that famous, and even if I was, I could still see the potential in you :) But thanks!

the Phony Brony

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah, it’s not boring, I can say in all honesty I like this kind of music. It is just great to walk to at night, or just clear your head. It’s nice to mellow out to. Plus I feel like the title of the song is completely appropriate for how it sounds. I like it. :D

• Brohoof 2

Granted this one isn't as up-beat as your other stuff... (Which I love by the way) ;) It isn't by any means boring its... Calming...Relaxing?.... Something like that.... but either way just really nice to listen to.... Even though this song isn't as up-beat as draconequus rising or pinkamenace its by no means boring.... Its just a different style... Which is equally amazing to listen to... ;)^_^ This, Eternity and Memories are the best chill songs... Love your work its great stuff... :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Granted this one isn't as up-beat as your other stuff... (Which I love by the way) ;) It isn't by any means boring its... Calming...Relaxing?.... Something like that.... but either way just really nice to listen to.... Even though this song isn't as up-beat as draconequus rising or pinkamenace its by no means boring.... Its just a different style... Which is equally amazing to listen to... ;)^_^ This, Eternity and Memories are the best chill songs... Love your work its great stuff... :wub:

Wow, thank you! :D I didn't really think people liked my songs that much. But thank you sooo much! All these awesome comments help motivate me to not give up, and keep trying to make more music :)