Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two unicorns, two pegasi, two earth ponies

Ponylicous

(edited)

I only just because of a friend realised why The Count from sesame street is called The Count. Because he's a vampire and he counts. I feel like an idiot. Also the mane six's names all have 3 syllables except for Twilight Sparkle.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)
  • Brohoof 2

Also the mane six's names all have 3 syllables except for Twilight Sparkle.

Something I didn't know. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

Not only that, one of the pegasi, is an amazing flyer, the other is not. One of the Unicorns is amazing at magic, the other is not. One of the Earth ponys has one several awards and is excellent at earth pony work, the other is not.

Very formulaic, really, but awesome nonetheless.

-FF

• Brohoof 1

Discrimination is bad.

Therefore, two of each.

As many have said before me, it was intentional to signify that every race of pony had a place to fit into in the creation and restoration of Harmony instead of, say, six pegasi or earth ponies. It shows equality quite discreetly, making people know that every creature has an equal part to play in friendship and the Elements that go into it.

(edited)

Completely intentional. Having at least two characters for each pony type allows more possible plot-points revolving around each species' individual skills and events. For example, 'Hurricane Fluttershy' was made largely possible due to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both being main characters, so that they both could interact with each other. It also just makes sense categorically to have a pair of each one.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Completely intentional. Having at least two characters for each pony type allows more possible plot-points revolving around each species' individual skills and events. For example, 'Hurricane Fluttershy' was made largely possible due to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both being main characters, so that they both could interact with each other. It also just makes sense categorically to have a pair of each one.

You spelled Fluttershy wrong :(

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy do have a bit of history together, and do share quite a few moments together. You have to wonder why Pinkie Pie and Applejack, as well as Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, do not have more screentime with each other though. Feeling Pinkie Keen does seem to hint that Applejack has known Pinkie Pie for some time, however.

You spelled Fluttershy wrong :(

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy do have a bit of history together, and do share quite a few moments together. You have to wonder why Pinkie Pie and Applejack, as well as Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, do not have more screentime with each other though. Feeling Pinkie Keen does seem to hint that Applejack has known Pinkie Pie for some time, however.

Fixed.

Indeed :3 RD and Fluttershy were friends since before the six met, so that's probably why.

Maybe because she's the mainist of main characters she gets a bigger name?

I think its because she was originally named "Twilight" But they couldnt keep it. They wanted to keep the name twilight but had to add/get rid of something.

(edited)

I just counted the mane six and there are two pegasus's, two ground ponies and two unicorns.

post-5802-0-42899200-1341004697_thumb.png

Well, to be fair, whenever I play any of the older Might & Magic games, I usually have two Humans, two Dwarves and two Elves.

I only bring that up because races in FiM have very clear differences, and there are things that one race can do that others just cannot physically accomplish. So in this way, it makes perfect sense for the party to have two of each race, simply because that way every skill can potentially be tapped to fit any situation. It's simple RPG logic, when you get right down to it.

And incidentally, like the old Might & Magic games, there are six characters in the main group.

Edited by SBaby

I only just because of a friend realised why The Count from sesame street is called The Count. Because he's a vampire and he counts. I feel like an idiot.

Not only that, but he is a count, like Count Dracula. It's a pun! ^_^

As for the actual topic here, I noticed that too. I'm gonna assume it WAS intentional. Gotta have them even numbers! :lol: