Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone hear about the MLD movie?

~Lawful Jordo~

Apparently my chaotic ways are rendering me crazy, because I know this topic has been made before, and I know I commented in it, but I search and find it nowhere.

Guess I'm making my big opinion again.

On one hand...

-Frankly this story is a tad overrated. It's a poster child for the fan-fiction section of this fanbase, just like Cupcakes, and there are tons of other stories just as good if not better than this one, that deserve to have movies done for them as well. So in a way, I'm slightly disappointed that it's this story people are again putting up on a pedestal and worshiping enough to turn it into a movie, because while it's good, I continue to feel like people latch on to a handful of stories, and never give attention to other works that might actually surpass it. Those stories are out there in droves, but they never got the stroke of luck these superstar stories got, and remain largely unnoticed.

On the other hand...

It is about Dash, and it was a cute story that I did enjoy reading, even though I wasn't moved to tears. So in the end, I do put aside my complaints, and I will gladly watch the film. In the end, the fact this fanbase is so talented that it can make an entire movie based on a fan-fiction that doesn't suck, is something to be proud of to begin with, no matter what said movie is about. Plus, can't wait to see cute little Dash being all cute and whatnot :wub:

Once a story has popularity like that, it's kinda hard for it to go away.

Plus there are plenty of other stories on MLD's level of popularity. Fallout: Equestria for example. (I honestly didn't care for that story at all.)

While Fallout: Equestria isn't getting a movie, there is a full game conversion for Fallout 3 in the works for it. I think that can compare with a movie.

Also, they're changing the story for the movie to make better, just like they do with a real movie about a book.

You can read the first draft of the script at www.mldmovie.com

The final draft is almost complete, but will not be released until after the movie is out.

I can't argue at all with the last part. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Once a story has popularity like that, it's kinda hard for it to go away.

Plus there are plenty of other stories on MLD's level of popularity. Fallout: Equestria for example. (I honestly didn't care for that story at all.)

While Fallout: Equestria isn't getting a movie, there is a full game conversion for Fallout 3 in the works for it. I think that can compare with a movie.

Also, they're changing the story for the movie to make better, just like they do with a real movie about a book.

You can read the first draft of the script at www.mldmovie.com

The final draft is almost complete, but will not be released until after the movie is out.

I can't argue at all with the last part. :wub:

You don't need to counter my opinions :P I'm aware they're changing the story, and I'm aware how popularity works, and it's presence in some other stories. Just commenting my thoughts, which remain the same

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

So, I don't know if this has been answered anywhere or not, but how exactly is this getting released? Is it just going to be on Youtube or will it have a small theatrical release (at a film festival or something)?

So, I don't know if this has been answered anywhere or not, but how exactly is this getting released? Is it just going to be on Youtube or will it have a small theatrical release (at a film festival or something)?

It's going to be released on YouTube this fall.

You don't need to counter my opinions :P I'm aware they're changing the story, and I'm aware how popularity works, and it's presence in some other stories. Just commenting my thoughts, which remain the same

Sorry about that, I got a little carried away. :P
  • Brohoof 1

MLD is one of my favorite fanfics, so I am VERY excited for this movie :wub: I'm not very impressed with the guys narrating though. But it's just a trailer, so maybe the narration will be better when the film is complete? Either way, i'm definitely going to watch this when it comes out :)

MLD is one of my favorite fanfics, so I am VERY excited for this movie :wub: I'm not very impressed with the guys narrating though. But it's just a trailer, so maybe the narration will be better when the film is complete? Either way, i'm definitely going to watch this when it comes out :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said there will be a different narrator. I wasn't impressed with him either, partially because I had pictured him to be American and not British in the story, but if they're the ones with the time, talent, and money, then I really don't mind. :P

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said there will be a different narrator. I wasn't impressed with him either, partially because I had pictured him to be American and not British in the story, but if they're the ones with the time, talent, and money, then I really don't mind. :P

Yep, same here. I'm just happy the movie is being made. It's amazing what this fandom can accomplish :)

• Brohoof 1

It looks like it is going to be pretty good. Im really interested in how the do the ponies in a live action movie. i do hope there is more to the movie then the fanfic story because it would be a little short even for a fan made movie.

I can care less about a movie about an overrated fanfic, I didn't even find it all that good, let alone, sad.

My Little Dashie had so many plotholes and character flaws (including an extremely rushed ending), hopefully the scriptwriter/director provided more to the story to add depth.

I feel like a lot of bronies who are irritated that they think MLD is overrated are coming off as, well, haters.

As we say to the trolls on the YouTube comment section under MLP: FiM videos,

"If you don't like it, you don't have to be involved. Go comment somewhere else before you hate this and ruin it for the rest of us."

• Brohoof 2

didn't even know about the movie till i saw this forum post. then i watched the trailer and was like " ya looks pretty OK, a fan made film of a good fan fic." sees baby Dashy "FUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

didn't even know about the movie till i saw this forum post. then i watched the trailer and was like " ya looks pretty OK, a fan made film of a good fan fic." sees baby Dashy "FUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

You can read the first draft of the movie here. It's really good actually, fills in a lot of plot holes and overall I think makes the story better. Keep in mind it's not the final screenplay though.

I am closely following the project and will be sure to update this whenever I find something new. :)

I didn't like the story,

I thought it was poorly written boring and not heart-warming at all.

But I'll still watch the movie out of sheer interest of how it will turn out. ~

I'm just wondering how they're going to do the scene where Celestia and the Mane 6 show up, who's gonna do their voices? Let alone Rainbow Dash's.

They've been holding voice auditions. I believe they are trying locally first. some of the cast has already been decided.

Here's a quote from their website. (www.mldmovie.com)

Finally, we would like to announce the casting for some of the voices in the movie:

* Filly Rainbow Dash will be voiced by GingaJinketsuKoushi.

* Pinkie Pie will be voiced by Bree Faith.

* Adult Rainbow Dash and Applejack will be voiced by alioopster27.

* Rarity and Twilight Sparkle will be voiced by Rina-Chan.

They've been holding voice auditions. I believe they are trying locally first. some of the cast has already been decided.

Here's a quote from their website. (www.mldmovie.com)

Are they british as well? Don't think it's going to work if they have english accents, except for Rarity.

Edited by Pegasus25

Are they british as well? Don't think it's going to work if they have english accents, except for Rarity.

Not sure. I know that they are going to use a different voice for the narrator/dad's thoughts

Also listening to their livestream Jeno doesn't seem to have as much of an accent as in the trailer.

I do think they are trying to get Mic the Microphone to help though

Not sure. I know that they are going to use a different voice for the narrator/dad's thoughts

Also listening to their livestream Jeno doesn't seem to have as much of an accent as in the trailer.

Well, Bree Faith, who I just looked up, doesn't have an accent, and sounds like a good fit for Pinkie Pie, I didn't realize she was the one from nomorethan9's vids :D. I'm assuming she's also voicing Fluttershy, since apparently she did Flutterlicious and sounded great.

Edited by Pegasus25

Well, Bree Faith, who I just looked up, doesn't have an accent, and sounds like a good fit for Pinkie Pie, I didn't realize she was the one from nomorethan9's vids :D. I'm assuming she's also voicing Fluttershy, since apparently she did Flutterlicious and sounded great.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjRY34PkXDw&feature=player_profilepage

Yes, she does sound like a nice fit for Pinkie. :)

And Fluttershy too.

Unrelated, but I just realized that this story takes place in my home state of Indiana. Because they go to the Indy 500...

YES. His dramatic reading of My Little Dashie was incredibly amazing.....now that is a person with great voice talent.

YES. His dramatic reading of My Little Dashie was incredibly amazing.....now that is a person with great voice talent.

I honestly wasn't impressed with his voice acting for the ponies at all. :/ I think he would be perfect for the voice of dad though, but Jeno already has that role...