Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Even Odds Space Bar

Pizzly

Somewhere in the cosmos there sits a rip in the fabric of reality within this rip is a building unstuck in time and space. The Even odds so called because everyone has the same chance of finding it.

As it is approached, the old bar looks rather nondescript. It sits in a small field, a lake to one side, surrounded by woods. But even in such a remote location, it is somehow easy to find.

The worn log building shows years of wear from the elements. Moss clings to the wood, the door hinges are rusty, but somehow by some stroke of luck, the windows are all still intact.

Inside there's many tables and chairs, a couple of them broken, creaky, or a bit off balance. As always, there's a few in dark corners for those who prefer to lurk. There's a bar, fully stocked, and a kitchen in the back with an almost unending variety of food, somehow still good. Up near the ceiling there are rafters for those who like the aerial view. There's a thin layer of dust over nearly everything, and the building has a sad, neglected feel to it.

In its heyday it was a place where people of all species and sides gathered. To argue. To laugh. To make peace, or war. It was a place of love and hate. Battles were once sometimes waged here, evidence of that shown in the burn marks on some of the walls, and some tables and chairs shoved into a corner, beyond repair. But for many, it just offered a respite from the war that waged, a chance to come in, get away from it all, and enjoy a good drink, and possibly some good company.

Yes, the Even Odds Space Bar sits there, in its own little corner of the cosmos, waiting for people to one day return...

The ground beneath the bar trembles faintly.  Not even enough to rattle the dusty bottles of booze behind the bar, of which there are many and of great variety. 

A sound like electric feedback, or static, reverberates behind the bar, and in a flicker of light a man appears behind the counter. 

He's not an old man, nor is he very young--his age is impossible to place.  He is pale, almost Caucasian but a little bit too unhealthily white for even that to be certain.  His black hair is neatly combed, and he brushes his eternally smudged apron.  In his apron chest pocket sits a small yellow lined notepad, the kind you flip the pages over on, and a single black clicky pen.  This man, if he really is a man, is entirely solid and made of apparently real flesh and bone--even though he just appeared out of thin air.  How odd...

His name is the bartender.  Just...the bartender.

The bartender sighs noiselessly, looking around the dusty bar, and picks up a glass tumbler.  He starts drying it with a dirty dishtowel, even though it's already dry.  Yes, business has been pretty slow these days.

Somewhere in the cosmos there sits a rip in the fabric of reality within this rip is a building unstuck in time and space. The Even odds so called because everyone has the same chance of finding it.

As it is approached, the old bar looks rather nondescript. It sits in a small field, a lake to one side, surrounded by woods. But even in such a remote location, it is somehow easy to find.

The worn log building shows years of wear from the elements. Moss clings to the wood, the door hinges are rusty, but somehow by some stroke of luck, the windows are all still intact.

Inside there's many tables and chairs, a couple of them broken, creaky, or a bit off balance. As always, there's a few in dark corners for those who prefer to lurk. There's a bar, fully stocked, and a kitchen in the back with an almost unending variety of food, somehow still good. Up near the ceiling there are rafters for those who like the aerial view. There's a thin layer of dust over nearly everything, and the building has a sad, neglected feel to it.

In its heyday it was a place where people of all species and sides gathered. To argue. To laugh. To make peace, or war. It was a place of love and hate. Battles were once sometimes waged here, evidence of that shown in the burn marks on some of the walls, and some tables and chairs shoved into a corner, beyond repair. But for many, it just offered a respite from the war that waged, a chance to come in, get away from it all, and enjoy a good drink, and possibly some good company.

Yes, the Even Odds Space Bar sits there, in its own little corner of the cosmos, waiting for people to one day return...

The ground beneath the bar trembles faintly. Not even enough to rattle the dusty bottles of booze behind the bar, of which there are many and of great variety.

A sound like electric feedback, or static, reverberates behind the bar, and in a flicker of light a man appears behind the counter.

He's not an old man, nor is he very young--his age is impossible to place. He is pale, almost Caucasian but a little bit too unhealthily white for even that to be certain. His black hair is neatly combed, and he brushes his eternally smudged apron. In his apron chest pocket sits a small yellow lined notepad, the kind you flip the pages over on, and a single black clicky pen. This man, if he really is a man, is entirely solid and made of apparently real flesh and bone--even though he just appeared out of thin air. How odd...

His name is the bartender. Just...the bartender.

The bartender sighs noiselessly, looking around the dusty bar, and picks up a glass tumbler. He starts drying it with a dirty dishtowel, even though it's already dry. Yes, business has been pretty slow these days.

Not too bad, I liked the ending. ;)

In the distance a loud shearing sound is heard, then electric discharge as a dated DeLorean appears out of thin air, it veers to a sideways air drift and hovers to a halt just next to the wall. Then the door of the car pops open and opens upwards as a frantic disheveled scientist steps out from the car filled with smoke that his slight blue tinge to it. He Exclaims to himself "GREAT SCOTT!" and then talks to himself in rather agitated manner "I think I blew up my Primary and auxiliary chrono-alignment relays! What happened anyhow?"

A man in a white lab coat, a wild gray hair and tan slacks then pulls his goggles up on his forehead and fans the smoke away from his face, Slamming the door down in frustration and then leans to his car thinking to himself "Where and when is this place anyhow? It looks like middle western plains and the presence of grass and its dryness suggests late summer..."

Character:

Emmett Lathrop "Doc" Brown

Height: 6 ft

Build: Average to thin

Race: Human

A time travelling scientist.

• Brohoof 1

(i love this yay)

A ship touches down in the parking lot it is cylindrical in configuration, the pilot steps out he is a tall gray skinned being with four arm and six eyes. he walks into the establishment "One Nanander and a vodka chaser, bar keep."

Character:

Yarin

Age 25

Height 6'6

Build Wiry

Race Nyac

An Alien Geneticist and par time adventurer

Parkerr was about to die. His ship was flaming as it spun out of control to the ground below. He had been hit by an mysterious alien fighter moments before, seemingly out of no where. "I can get out of this" he thought to himself after he came to his senses. "I just have to jump out and activate the parachute" but much to his dismay there was no parachute strapped to his back. "I have to find it now" he looked out the front window. He was only a kilometer from the ground. He searched around and finally found the parachute. He quickly strapped it to his back and opened the escape shaft. He jumped only seconds before the ship crashing. "that was a close call" he said aloud. "but now what?" he looked around him. Just dry grassy plains. Except... To the northeast he spotted a humanoid shape by a vechicle. "maybe he can help me" Parkerr said.

Edited by toothlessbrony

Name: Gizmo

Height: 5 feet.

Build: Slender.

Race: Mutated Human. He was given the ability to travel space without any special gear and an unnatural response time.

Other: He has metal wings that allow flight and twin blades.

Profession: Engineer.

Gizmo landed in front of the bar and walked in. He sat down at a table and rested his entire body.

"Hey barkeep. You mind bringing over something alcoholic. The strongest drink you have should be fine."

Yarin leans over to the winged being "give him a

pan galactic gargle blaster strongest drink in this or most other universes sure to put hair on your where ever it is your species grows hair

Doc Brown looks over to the horizon and sees a pillar of smoke raising from the distance. He then reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a coin looking thing. He brings it to his eye and then tries to look 'through it' and al of the sudden the thing beeps and extends into a telescope. "Hmm, that appears to be some sort of wreckage, if there are survivors they might know my whereabouts and where's the nearest store to purchase components to replace my aligners quicksilver deposits" Emmett speculates and starts to walk off from the little hut next to him as he never even noticed it there. (being more invested in to his time machine trouble)

After a good distance behind him he decides to lean to his knees and takes a few deep breathes. "Huff,, the air seems oddly thin here..." An observation that then starts to nag at him that perhaps he is not in the right place. "it is as if... Could it be? I have been transported to such a distant future that all of world's rainforests are already hacked off and we are now slowly choking to death as seas can not provide us enough oxygen?! Is this what awaits mankind after all? Our greed for toilet paper and tables really ends up dooming us all?"

Skull buster

Height: 6'5

Build: medium

Race: humanoid robot

A rouge military robot with incredible strength and abilities

Skullbuster walks in with a trenchcoat and wide brim hat, he sits down at a table

Parkerr noticed the man that was walking towards him fall down and say somerhing he could not comprehend. He rushed up to him, despite his injured leg then turned on his translator so he could understand the reply "hello, I am Parker jiramee, and you are?"

Edited by toothlessbrony

At the closer inspection of Parker approaching at him, The Parkers alien form surprises Doc Brown so he falls backwards on his rear and exclaims loudly while getting some distance between them by crawling backwards in the dusty soil "Great Scott! Rather than who you are, WHAT are you?"

"what am I? I am a sangheili. We are a race of honorable warriors. Do not be afraid, I will not harm you. Were both stuck here so we may aswell..." Parkerr said the last phrase with a bit of regret. "help each other. Now I ask you again, what is your name? And a better question what are you? And do you accept my offer?

Edited by toothlessbrony

Doc Brown looks up and down Parker and replies "I am Doctor Emmett Brown... A Sang...heili you say?" Doc gets up from the ground and wipes off his lab coat of the dust hastily and then says "Help is just the thing i was hoping to receive, and was prepared to give. I am glad to see you survived that crash how ever as it appears your anatomy is alien to me."

Doc offers his hand in handshake.

Edited by Pencils

Parkerr shakes his hand. " Hello, Doctor Emmet Brown. I am glad you agreed. Our body heals faster then most races we have found, so my leg shouldn't be any problem. Do you know if there is shelter? And what was this help you needed?"

Edited by toothlessbrony

Emmett scratched his head a bit and says "I didn't notice any specific shelter around here but I have a vehicle nearby by some building in case it rains. Or by shelter do you mean from some weapons? Is this time..era.. Nation in war? Are you a genetically engineered soldier? Ah too many questions! Let me ask the most important first! What year is it? And where?"

Doc Brown enthusiastically shakes Parkers hand through his entire tirade of questions and tries to gather some sort if idea of what he is looking at by scanning Parkers armor and physiology.

Parkerr frowned "unfortunately, I do not know where we are either. I was flying to my home planet sangheilos when some unknown force shot at me. This place was never there. And the year, it was when I was flying home was 2552" as he spoke he thought to himself "what an odd being"

Edited by toothlessbrony