Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike as a pony

dreaper

I always liked this concept and I think this would make a great episode. Think about it: Spike willingly uses a magic potion or something that turns him into a pony, firmly believing that will make him cooler, have more fun and just be normal among the other ponies.

What are your thoughts about this? What type of pony Spike may be? What will be his cutie mark? He will finally have a chance with Rarity like this?

At first when I was reading the thread I thought it was a bad idea, until I read the part about Rarity. I actually kinda like that.

Spike is disappointed because Rarity doesn't seem to like him back, so he takes a potion, or gets Twilight to turn him into a pony.

I think that would be a cool idea...

I do hope to see Spike and Rarity's relationship grow in some form in season 3

I've seen many representations as to what he would look like, and I think this is the best one:

Posted Image

Anyways, I concur. It would be a most interesting episode, especially to fill in for Spike's screentime in S3. And I would assume Twilight would be emphasized heavily in the episode too, as she'd probably be the one to change him back. But I wonder what the friendship lesson would be there... :huh:

• Brohoof 7

I've seen many representations as to what he would look like, and I think this is the best one:

Posted Image

Anyways, I concur. It would be a most interesting episode, especially to fill in for Spike's screentime in S3. And I would assume Twilight would be emphasized heavily in the episode too, as she'd probably be the one to change him back. But I wonder what the friendship lesson would be there... :huh:

that your friends will love you for who u are?
  • Brohoof 2

that your friends will love you for who u are?

Nope, I think that was already used in Boast Busters (Twilight was worried her friends would hate her because she was afraid using her magic would be boasting, which is a horrible thing to do).

(edited)

This could be a very interesting concept/episode but remember there needs to be a lesson/moral at the end of the story. So maybe Spike turns into a pony, events occur and he finally realizes that his comfortable in his own skin, being a dragon. Although he might have a chance to be with Rarity he would be living a lie, something that could have a huge impact on his emotional well being. Further, I think if Rarity really liked him, it wouldn't be because he turned into a pony, rather, it would be because he is Spike. Just look at the reaction Rarity had when Spike turned into a full grown, greedy and possessive dragon; she didn't express her true feelings until he turned back into the original Spike.

Whatever the case, I think this would be a great episode that could lead some very funny scenes and great lesson that would provide Spike we chance to grow/nurture his friendship with the mane6.

Edited by Abaddon

That would be a cool episode, I think Spike would really enjoy himself, I'd love to see it happen! :)

Yeah, I imagine Spike singing a song about how awesome is being a pony. :lol:

I think it the episode could go in a similar way to the Nutty Profesor, the potion has a time limit so Spike has to constantly drink it in order to keep being a pony.

Maybe at the end of the episode there is a monster that captures the mane 6 and Spike saves them by using his dragon abilities. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I imagine Spike singing a song about how awesome is being a pony. :lol:

I think it the episode could go in a similar way to the Nutty Profesor, the potion has a time limit so Spike has to constantly drink it in order to keep being a pony.

Maybe at the end of the episode there is a monster that captures the mane 6 and Spike saves them by using his dragon abilities. :huh:

That would be wonderful!

Being a dragon had its fun

Sending letters to the princess of the sun

But being a pony feels so right

Can't wait to see Rarity tonight!

:lol:

• Brohoof 3

I thought of this months ago and here's my interpretation. My thinking was that Twilight used her magic somehow to turn him into a pony and he doesn't like it for some reason.

Posted Image

*Takes to the creepies thing you've ever seen on MLP thread*

I wouldn't like him if he were a pony. Sorry but the adversity is what makes him spike and also what makes him awesome!

Spike gets turned into a pony is one of the oldest ideas ever. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet in an episode. But Rarity said it herself. "My little Spikey Wikey is perfect the way he is." Spike doesn't need to turn into a pony because Rarity already likes him as a dragon.

• Brohoof 1

Thats a good idea but Dragon Quest already made it to where hes comfortable being a dragon! Its like he IS a pony so making that episode would pretty much ruin the lesson of Dragon Quest.

(edited)

For a single episode, not that bad an idea. It would be interesting to see and would definitively sprout up a lot of memes. And then Rarity's reaction would be 'Fabulous'.

Edited by Resolution

I thought of this months ago and here's my interpretation. My thinking was that Twilight used her magic somehow to turn him into a pony and he doesn't like it for some reason.

This one's really good, his expression reminds me loads of Pinkie Pie. On another note, I'd love to see an episode where all the ponies turn into dragons.