Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Logic

lomk

Y'know how in the wedding episodes, TrollCelestia told the mane 6 to go get the Elements to defeat Queen Chrysalis? Well...remember back in the beginning of Season 2 when she said that the chamber leading to the elements can be opened by a spell that she can only use? Well, what was the point sending them to get the elements, if they couldn't even open the door to them?

And what happens if Celestia can't be there to unlock the elements? She wouldn't be dumb enough to not allow Twilight to open the chamber in a time of great need for the elements. I think after the ordeal with Discord, the Mane 6 beating not only one but two powerful adversaries, the Mane 6 would have gotten special permission from the ruler herself to wield the elements at will should bad times arrive.

And what happens if Celestia can't be there to unlock the elements? She wouldn't be dumb enough to not allow Twilight to open the chamber in a time of great need for the elements. I think after the ordeal with Discord, the Mane 6 beating not only one but two powerful adversaries, the Mane 6 would have gotten special permission from the ruler herself to wield the elements at will should bad times arrive.

Well, that's just it, though, this “permission” would be the aforementioned spell, and there's only so much we know about it. So far, we only know that at least a Celestia is the only one that has it, so that possibly rules out any lower beings being able to break it, of which there are none. We have no idea what the crew was doing when they made Celestia told the mane 6 to retrieve the elements from what we've been told about the door that leads to them, but if they're suggesting that Celestia supposedly “passed on” the ability to break said spell, yeah, that would make sense. The only thing that I don't understand is how that ability could be passed on to another.

You make a good point, but it was never explicitly mentioned in any episode like NASCARFAN basically just said lol :3

In S1 E15 Twilight barely escapes getting killed by a Hydra after jumping of a cliff and landing on a bubble. What if she had just teleported across the gap?

Well, that's just it, though, this “permission” would be the aforementioned spell, and there's only so much we know about it. So far, we only know that at least a Celestia is the only one that has it, so that possibly rules out any lower beings being able to break it, of which there are none. We have no idea what the crew was doing when they made Celestia told the mane 6 to retrieve the elements from what we've been told about the door that leads to them, but if they're suggesting that Celestia supposedly “passed on” the ability to break said spell, yeah, that would make sense. The only thing that I don't understand is how that ability could be passed on to another.

Well, that's a plot hole yet to be filled, but really - it makes more than enough sense. You'd think that the Elements of Harmony themselves would have access to their own gadgets and sources of power without big boss having to call the shots all the time, right?

• Brohoof 1

No, that was foreshadowing.

The mane 6 could've used the Elements of Harmony to stop the parasprites in Swarm of the Century, as well as several other enemies, but didn't.

Not really, because that would have implied telling Celestia they were in trouble, wich is the thing they were trying to avoid.

Not really, because that would have implied telling Celestia they were in trouble, wich is the thing they were trying to avoid.

I don't blame them. Those parasprites probably would have got them banished to their own separate moons :3

Logic in this show? THERE IS NONE!!! Like what about the CMC in episode 1, I find that a little weird. Plus Princess Celestia never flies anywere. Plus what about in that one episode when Twilight was breaking into that one building to stop the 'bad thing' from happening ( cant remember episode name) when she could of just teleported in. Or why they dont just study spike some if other dragons are to scary to talk to.hmm thats all i can think of... (and someof theese where most likely already said)

There is no logic in this cartoon.

Like how Spike's head spikes are hard enough to get stuck in a tree but when he gets wet or hit in the head it goes down like it's soft.

Oh, let's also not forget how the CMC formed a secret society then told everyone via dance and song.

• Brohoof 1

Wasn't there like a whole Royal Guard platoon in Canterlot during that wedding? I mean it only showed 2 Royal guards captured.

It's so weird that a well equipped military was taken down by a StarCraft reference. :lol:

Guys, guys.. You're all looking at this conversation way too hard.

The answer to this all: don't question the fact that logic is just an old foalstale.

Well, that's a plot hole yet to be filled, but really - it makes more than enough sense. You'd think that the Elements of Harmony themselves would have access to their own gadgets and sources of power without big boss having to call the shots all the time, right?

But the Mane 6 are still fairly young so they are in more danger than most of being corrupted.

Chrysalis got the power to defeat Celestia from Shining Armor's love but when Cadence tells him her love will give him strength Chrysalis calls it a useless sentiment.

Chrysalis derped. But seriously, if Changling's feed on love, I'd reckon she SHOULD have been able to know a threat when she saw one. So... you know. This ------> post-882-0-87927500-1343093011_thumb.png

• 1 year later...

Pinkie's glasses: how do they know what noses look like? There are no humans!

Names/cutie marks: how do they know to name them after their cutiemarks if they don't know what they are yet?

Personality: why is it still personality? They change everything else, shouldn't it be ponyality?

(edited)

Spitfire seems super impressed when Ponyville meets the bare minimum required wing strength to lift water into Cloudsdale.

To add to this, why the hell didn't she help them? I'd have thought it's in her best interest as well as everyone else's when they weren't meeting the quota, which would've caused there to be no rainwater, but instead forces them to rely on Fluttershy who held no guarantee she'd be able to help reaching the minimum quota.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I still can't get over how Spike was terrible with house chores at the apple farm while he does magnificantly around Twilight.

Edited by Freedan