Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Someone once said...

Captain Marvelous

Some quotes from Tendou Souji's grandmother (Kamen Rider Kabuto)

• He who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything
  • Force the world to revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.
  • People become stronger through adventures.
  • When people love others, they grow weaker, though it's nothing to be ashamed of. True weakness lies elsewhere.
  • When not close by, one is even closer.
  • Chase two birds, and you catch two birds.
  • People who steal things, lose something even more important.
  • It is enjoyable to eat something delicious, but the greatest joy comes from the time spent waiting for it.
  • Delicious cooking is alive,you must be nonchalant about it.
  • No matter what condiment, no matter what ingredient, there is something greater and that's love of the person creating the food.
  • There are no bad restaurants or bad experiments in this world.
  • Fancy food does not taste good. No matter what truth you try to hide, you cannot hide it.
  • If you wish it to be so, luck will always be on your side.
  • Flowers can make any girl glow.
  • All girls are equally beautiful.
  • A knife can only bring happiness when used in cooking.
  • Fancy flavors cannot hide poor cooking.
  • It is fun to add a secret flavor so that no one knows. But... it's more fun to find it.
  • Even the devil's whispers can sometimes sound like an angel's voice.
  • One that drowns in oneself will eventually fall to darkness.
  • Even in a world full only with enemies, there will always be someone you must protect.
  • If you receive a little kindness, give them a large serving.
  • Imitating others is not bad, for it's how we recognize ourselves.
  • Once you know the real thing... you won't be fooled by an imitation.
  • Children are treasures. The greatest sin in this world is to damage those treasures.
  • Angels descend during meals, for it is a sacred time.
  • There are two things a man must never do. One is to not make girls cry...The other is to not handle food so crudely!
  • The sun is wonderful, it can make even the dirt shine.
  • Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty.
  • Men must be cool. Boiling water is but vapor.
  • The wishes of the children are the future's reality...Adults that laugh at such dreams are no longer human.
  • A bond is a deep connection that can never be broken. Even if apart, heart and heart are still connected.
  • My evolution is faster than the speed of the light. There is nothing in the whole universe that can keep up with my evolution.
  • The justice is myself.
  • People walk on the path of people...and that which opens that path up is the path of Heaven
  • No matter how brighter the star is,It can't beat the sun

Erm...fancy food does taste good, and finding the secret flavor takes all the fun away...

Erm...fancy food does taste good, and finding the secret flavor takes all the fun away...

Fancy food does not taste good. = Talking about lies that are always "dressed up" nicely, they are still lies no matter what they look like

and the secret flavor thing is dependable... look at Plankton

Fancy food does not taste good. = Talking about lies that are always "dressed up" nicely, they are still lies no matter what they look like

and the secret flavor thing is dependable... look at Plankton

How does fancy food = lies that are dressed up nicely? There is no rule saying fancy food is just bad food that looks pretty. Believe it or not, some people actually like the taste of fancy food?

The fact that he never can find the secret formula is what makes it so fun. Otherwise there would be no mystery and viewer interest would rapidly decline.

He meant that... Food = the lies... and no matter how you make the lie look it is a lie no matter what... the episode dealt with an alien that was impersonating a famous chef and that was how they figured out which was the real one

I should add another one...Taking things out of context makes certain text out of context. ;)

Edited by glitterlicious

• 1 month later...

"ill be right back someones at the door" - Osama Bin Laden. what to soon?

"life is a box of chocolates never know what your gonna get" - Forest Gump

"why are you aiming that bow and arrow at my knee?" - Nord Guard

"HEY HEY HEY HEY LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN HEY HEY LINK LINK LOOK LOOK LISTEN!!!" - Navi , the most annoying thing possible in a game.

Edited by chancellor benben III

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

... ... ... *Slowly grows a smile* I like quotations. A lot.

On books:

"So many books, so little time." -Frank Zappa

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not had pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

"The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." -Mark Twain

"The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones." -Unknown

"An unread book does nobody any good. Stories happen in the mind of a reader, not among symbols printed on a page." -Brandon Mull

"Having your book turned into a movie is like seeing your oxen turned into bouillon cubes." -John LeCarre

"I cannot live without books." -Thomas Jefferson

"A room without books is like a body without a soul." -Marcus Tullius Cicero

"There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it." -Bertrand Russell

"A book is a gift you can open again and again." -Garrison Keillor

"There's a difference between preferring books to parties and preferring sixteen cats to seeing the light of day." -Lauren Morrill

On truth:

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." -Mark Twain

"It is not a matter of whether one is biased or not. It is really a question of which bias is the best bias with which to be biased." -Ken Ham

"If you sincerely drink poison, it will kill you. If you sincerely believe a lie, you will suffer the consequences. You must not only be sincere, but you must be right." -Charles Spurgeon

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." -George Orwell

"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness." -Mary Shelly

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

"Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas." -Marie Curie

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

On debate and intelect:

"When the debate is over, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -Socrates

"When one person makes an accusation, check to be sure he himself is not the guilty one. Sometimes it is those whose case is weak who make the most clamor." -Piers Anthony

"I am Vulcan, sir. We embrace technicality." -Spock (Star Trek)

"It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it." -Joseph Joubert

"Do you consider your position to be so weak that it cannot withstand a debate?" -Data (Star Trek)

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity." -Dale Carnegie

"A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special." -Nelson Mandela

"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." -Stephen R. Covey

"If I let everyone I thought was an idiot die- there wouldn't be many people left." -Gilgamesh Wulfenbach (Girl Genius)

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people." -Unknown

"Common sense is very uncommon." -Horace Greeley (Ranger's Apprentice)

"I'm being really clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed. What's the point of having you all?" -The Doctor (Doctor Who)

"If the wise man always appears stupid, his failures do not disappoint, and his success gives pleasant surprise." -Unknown

"You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at." -Tina Fey

"I make mistakes like the next man. In fact, being-- forgive me-- rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger." -Dumbledore (Harry Potter)

"Everything must be taken into account. If the fact will not fit the theory-- let the theory go." -Agatha Christie

"You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace." -Frank McCourt

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." -Harlan Ellison

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -Albert Einstein

"No thief, however skillful, can rob one of knowledge, and that is why knowledge is the best and safest treasure to acquire." -L. Frank Baum

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Daniel J. Boorstin

On growing and life:

"Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young." -Henry Ford

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." -GK Chesterton

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." -Steven Wright

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." -Mae West

"Never forget what you learned in the light when you are in the dark." -Bryan Davis

"The words with which a child's heart is poisoned, whether through malice or through ignorance, remain branded in his memory, and sooner or later they burn his soul." -Carlos Ruiz Zafon

"When once your point of view is changed, the very thing which was so damning becomes a clue to the truth." -Arthur Conan Doyle

"Passion has helped us; but it can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defence." -Abraham Lincoln

"I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better." -Maya Angelou

"Your perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in." -Shannon L. Alder

"[Kids] don't remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are." -Jim Henson

"Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel." -Socrates

On love and friendship:

"I think part of the reason why we hold on to something so tight is because we fear something so great won't happen twice." -Carlos Banks

"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike." -Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter
)

"When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful than a million empty words." -Thema Davis

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -William Shakespeare

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." -Albert Camus

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself (for God did not need to create). It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival." -C. S. Lewis

These are just a few that are, you know, at the top of my list. :P

• Brohoof 1