Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is your favorite game series and why?

Evil Nightmares

I totally agree with ya, as Zelda is my fave franchise, I like Metroid also, specially Super Metroid, the atmosphere in the Metroid Prime series is amazing, and they did kinda tell more about Samus's story in Other M, the game got bad reviews though, but I don't care, the game was awesome, epic music and boss battles, and the gameplay was great coz u could use Melee attacks, unlike the older titles, it was just shooting, jumping, and turning into the ball, I deman better reviews for Other M, seriously Dx.

I will agree with you with Other M... I have debated that long and hard on forums and in youtube comments Lol. There are explanations for everything, including her not getting her varia suit until she fought the lava monster and why she had the PTSD attack, but the game is kind of vague about them so I think most people use them as excuses to call the story bad.

I don't think the story was bad by any means though.. I mean it's meant to be more like a side game meant to explain her history with Adam more than anything and because of that I think it comes off as weak in comparison to the other games in the series; I think the reason why people are hesitant to really like it is because it isn't really a new adventure taking place on a new world that gives rise to new weapons and powerups and stuff like that

And there were things I didn't like about it, but they had nothing to do with the story. It was more like the little things like not needing to shoot the doors/being able to restore health and missiles/needing to go into first person to shoot missiles/etc.

Edited by Hollowshield

I would've said COD but it all started to turn to garbage after Black Ops(IMO). I seriously have to say the Killzone series, Uncharted series, Gears of War series. I also have to bump in Castlevania for the NDS.

Killzone mainly because it's more like the birth of sci fi games on playstation(IMO).

Uncharted because it's like watching a dynamice action/adventure movie.

Gears of War because it was very creative with the lancer chainsaw.

Castlevania is just very fun and full of items and stuff.

I totally have to agree with you with you on Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill.

And yes I am aware these games require +17 years of age to play or parent/guardian guidance, I do have approval from my parents.

#1:The Legend of Zelda. I've been playing it ever since I was about 5-Years-Old. I try to avoid the new games because they just don't look or feel the same as the old ones.

#2:Super Smash Bros. I've only played Melee and Brawl, but they are both brilliant games! I'm surprised not many game companies have made similar games.

#3:Crash Bandicoot. Ah, yes! The old bandicoot. His original games back when he was owned by Naughty Dog were so fun, and I'm just so shocked as to how he practically died a few years ago.

• Brohoof 1

#1:The Legend of Zelda. I've been playing it ever since I was about 5-Years-Old. I try to avoid the new games because they just don't look or feel the same as the old ones.

#2:Super Smash Bros. I've only played Melee and Brawl, but they are both brilliant games! I'm surprised not many game companies have made similar games.

#3:Crash Bandicoot. Ah, yes! The old bandicoot. His original games back when he was owned by Naughty Dog were so fun, and I'm just so shocked as to how he practically died a few years ago.

well our fave franchise is the same! xD and Smash bros is kewl, I'm just mad at Play Station for copying their idea with that Play Station Battle Royale thingy, and Crash Bandiccot is tight also, hope he appears in Battle Royale xD

I can't decide on one so it's

Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid.

Mainly because of my personal connection with both.

These games have really shaped the things I like and I also have so many good memories that came from playing them

I would have to say it's Ace Attorney.

Ace Attorney is one of the few games in the world that I know provides a memorable experience and unique personalities in each character. All of the characters have unique traits and the way they talk in compared to most characters I've seen is surprisingly awesome.

They don't have recycled sprites or ideas from its' past games and each one of them is a brand new product each time. It's also quite awesome how the game makes you think in such fun way.

It makes you think outside the box and the feeling of seeing each contradiction of a testimony which you proved is really satisfying.

So overall, the best series I personally feel like to me is Ace Attorney.

Nawww! I just liked Ace Attorney for this sprite!

post-4775-0-11154500-1342747192.gif

For me it's the elder scrolls series I have literally spent 100's of hours wandering around Skyrim and Cyrodiil hunting Dragons and Daedra and Trolls. I just love those open world free-roaming type of games.

Uh, the Rayman series. The art style is amazing, and games like Rayman 2 still look great, even after a decade. The music is

, and the difficulty isn't too frustrating (except for the first Rayman).

Ace Combat would have to be my favorite franchise of all time, by FAR. Because you get to fly, which I LOVE to do ( I fly real aircraft too ) and the F-22Raptor is the lead aircraft for every one.

Half-Life, I've been a fan of the games for a while now and I still a joy to play them. Also basically anything Valve makes (L4D, TF2, Dota 2, etc.) Also Half-Life, Team Fortress 2 and Starcraft made me the PC gamer I am today.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite game series is without a doubt The Elder Scrolls. I have enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim more than any game from another series, though I must admit I didn't like Daggerfall. And I have never played any of the spin offs or Arena.

Serious Sam, the only series (I've seen) that still sticks by the classic fps rules, so it feels like you're playing a 90's game with modern graphics. according to youtubers its the only series that hasn't been ruined

Pokemon is one of my favorites.

The series is lame right now but I liked the old series when I was a kid.

It was WAY better than all this crap.

The games are still epic though and hopefully will always be.

The other game I totally :wub: is Zelda.

It's just...amazing.

It's fun to play with friends and have an adventure.

It's also challenging in a way that you don't get frustrated if you lose over and over unless you have mental problems.

These two games are a gamer's dream.

Ooooh dificult to choose. Well my favorite ones would be, Mario Bros, Zelda, Pokemon, Mario Kart, (would that be seperate?), Elder Scrolls, Assasins Creed, CoD, and definatly Ace Attorney. But to pick one would be difficult. =( Can't just choose one ya know?

Fovourite game series huh? For me it is definitely Spyro the dragon series. The originals made by Insomniac were great. I also liked the TLOS series, but they aren't so good. On the second place there would be Suikoden series (JRPG). I like especially Suikoden II, because it has perfect story and good graphics (for PS1 games). And on the third place there would be Crash bandicoot series.

Silent hill up to 4 and even 4 kind of iffy but the first 3 have affected me so much as I grew up, I truly love them.

Legend Of Zelda: Classic story, shows you that you can turn even the most cliche and simple of set up-save the world, save the princess-into something amazing. No such thing as a bad idea, just improper execution. The legend of zelda is executed correctly and amazingly.

Blazblue-don't need to go into this. One of the most innovative fighters ever with an actual deep, complex and at time emotional story. Balanced system and wonderful animations. Each character is unique in styles and have rival themes, wonderful rock music in each fight and actual good combo system. Spamming will get you killed most of the time, running away too long will make you take extra damage. bashing buttons will also lower your defense and get rid of one of your bursts-

Armored Core: Pretty much one of the only fun mecha games out there. Your choice of customization is great, you can vector logos and icons. You slap it on any part of your mech, change their engines and boosters/software chips. Heads/arms/legs/weapons and back up weapons. Change your colors and mix your own. Name your pilot, name your mecha. Very good boosting system, interesting story and nice music. Especially in For answer where the mech battles are fast and intense. Suffers with one or two weapons in the gallery that are too powerful for their own good but you have a massive selection in most of the areas and thus missing out on one due to its power breaking the game isn't too much of a sacrifice.

Mirrors Edge- I guess this is a stand alone game but Mirror edge had a sense of freedom, thinking required quick paced fun as well as wonderful atmosphere due to the music and scenery that I could just put it on and relax. Feeling stressed, anxious..trapped..Mirrors edge-

The Suffering series-only two games to its title, it still pretty much the only horror/action game that was not generic..did not have lame copy paste monsters or monsters that where pretty much just typical zombies or adapted to era zombies. It had the gimmicks, morality questions, interesting character with an interesting problem. Extreme action and the ability to rage into a monster-which can kill you due to strain-whom powers are effected by how good/evil you are. The character you play is interesting...despite having no voice and for the most part not too expressive. Number one is better and has a lot of illusions, camera scenes, phone calls, weird monsters and supposed haunting or audio hallucination to keep it scary and fresh. Worst of all, in number one there is a monster who immune to gun fire, is at least eight/nine foot tall, can only die via fire-which your normally won't have-or an axe. The way they lumber towards you in close corridors is actively unsettling which is something I don't feel in a lot of games that...wear the label of horror today. Your actions can have consequences and it makes you feel that your choices and decisions doe actively effect the world you are in.

(to be fair, I seen amnesia and that looks good..maybe not the brand of horror I love specifically but hey...nothing wrong with new ideas and different contestants entering the arena..it seems to do it job well and that what matters)

Edited by MiStErUnMeRry

-Command & Conquer (up to, and with, Tiberium Wars. IMO, everything after it sucked bigtime)

-Titan Quest (though its only 2 games)

-Earth 21xx (2160 is my fav)

-Battlefield (mostly BF2 and BF2142, dont like Bad Company and BF3)

-Prince of Persia (all are awesome, but Warrior Within just rules)

-Warhammer 40k (DoW1 and expansions, DoW2 sucked)

• 1 month later...

i like the game assassin creed 2 because its all about assassing people and i like it alot. i heard number 3 of assassin creed was better though. :ph34r:

Edited by Warmsoul

Metroid. Super Metroid is my favorite, followed by 2. The Prime trilogy is very good as well imo, even though it went first person it didn't lose the feeling the previous ones had. It didn't all of a sudden become a shoot-em up CoD game. I've played them all except Other M, and from what I have seen/read I don't plan on ever playing it. THAT is not Samus.

The original Doom is a very close 2nd favorite for me (and to some extent Duke Nukem 3D). I still break it out now and then, have the poster on my wall from my original Ultimate box, purchased the trilogy release that was out a few years back for XP, and run it from Steam or the Doomsday Engine on every system I own. Gameplay before graphics if you ask me, which most modern games are only about the shinies now it seems.

i like the game assassin creed 2 because its all about assassing people and i like it alot. i heard number 3 of assassin creed was better though. :ph34r:

Ditto Warmsoul! Here's a thread about Assassin's Creed 3 if your interested:

http://mlpforums.com...eed-3-revealed/

I got into the series after getting a copy of Brotherhood. Who knew it would give me hours of fun. I get to learn history and the influential figures of the renaissance then stab and murder said figures ^_^