Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Assassin's Creed 3 Revealed!

GrooveBroove

Posted Image

Set for release on Xbox 360 and PC, October 20th.

I'm not a big Assassin Creed fan, but this concept has the makings to be something truly amazing.

Considering it's been worked on for the past 3 years, I'm very interested to see what ubisoft is brinigng to the table.

• Brohoof 2

I am quite the fan of Assassin's Creed. The only AC game I haven't got is AC: Revelations but thats because I can't afford it (I owe some money... so...). I can't wait to see what this'll be like! MUST. START. SAVING. FOR. IT. ASAP.

I own all the AC games and I'm starting to feel they are pushing the limit of the amount of AC games they can make. I loved AC2 and I enjoyed playing through Brotherhood but for me Revelations was a bit much. The game was good but EA tried to throw everything into that game and I didn't really want a third game with Ezio.

However this game looks pure awesome! I'm not sure how they will throw medieval style weapon assassinations into a timeline where everyone has guns but I'm sure they'll do it fantastically.

I saw this like 5 minutes ago on another site, but I'll try to emulate my reaction.

Oh, Assassin's Creed 3. Don't really care, I hate Desmond.

Wait.

That's not Desmond.

HOLY CRAP MORE CRAZY HISTORICAL ASSASSINS!!!

But seriously, this looks awesome. I think they got a good point in time to be able to make sword fighting common enough but still include enough guns to make stealth a necessity and to keep the game challenging. I found Revelations a bit too easy for the most part. Also I prefer stealth to be the option I choose because fighting would be too hard, not just another mission objective.

I'm putting my faith in Ubisoft to make this live up to its potential.

• Brohoof 1

Not sure whether to be excited or not.

Unless they made significant improvements to the campaign then I probably wont be buying it.

Its been in development for 3 years.

It's the same team that worked on assassin creed 2 (Brotherhood and Revelations were in house ubi studios)

So i'm expecting a significant change to the formula for the better.

Are all of these images legit? They look it.

But hell, Im excited for once! AC revelations took 1 year to make, and I was beggining to lose my faith in the franchise after I played it. This looks like the developers have actualy showed a little care for it and not just churned out another copy. (My opinion anyway *squee*).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This game will have to focus on stealth a whole lot more now. With the introduction of more sophisticated and deadly firearms, I can't see our Assassin taking musketballs to the chest while running around stabbing people.

Also, a lot of these battles were fought in open plains...How is stealth going to be possible during such events?

I hope Ubisoft can pull it off, because if they do, it would be one great game!

EDIT SIDE NOTE:

I noticed our new Assassin hero has a bow with a quiver on his back, and also a small tomahawk looking weapon. This means that he could be aligning himself with the First Nations tribes such as the Iroquois or others. That will help greatly in stealth because thats what the First Nations did to combat the superior European invaders!

Just thought I'd point that out. Assassin + Natives.

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 2

I've been Critiquing this news myself all day today (well that and a certain Romance arc chosen for Mass Effect 3 :D )

First I'll explain, I have mixed feelings about the Assassin's Creed Series.

First one, great concept. Future Desmond who has less personality than Keanu Reeves does some technobabble things and plays as his Assassin Ancestor Altair. Cool let's see what's next...

AC2 we go to Italy (my Italian half is in glee). We see awesome Italian scenery, New technology, and a new Assassin... which was a total prick... well until he grew up and became an all around awesome character. Also he's friends with Leonardo DaVinci! :D And DaVinci has a sense of humor... I LOVE THIS GAME!

So... hard to top that... where to next...

Oh... still in Italy... :( Multiplayer is cool, but this game is kinda pointless.... NEXT!

STILL freakin Ezio? WHY?! The Future Desmond story goes absolutely no where and its the same freakin game. I hate you Ubisoft. You took an awesome character and then milked him to death!

Now are we gunna have to play as shitty Desmond... Please no, Please no, ANYTHING but that! Let's go to more exotic time periods!

...AC3... in the American Revolution... uhh....

[Continued in Part 2]

[Part 2]

Well... YES we don't have to be Desmond! Thank Celestia we don't have to go through THAT! Besides having zero personality Future Assassin makes no sense! The Future has Sniper Rifles and other weapons that could kill Desmond in seconds! And Modern Buildings don't like to be touchy feely unless your freakin Spider Man...

So we are in America... during the American Revolution... umm... let me tell you exactly WHY this is a HORRIBLE move!

During the American Revolution there wasn't any giant sprawling cities with tons of climbable buildings like Rome. So what is American Assassin supposed to climb? Climbing is like Half the game!

So are we playing as some whitebread American Revolutionist or are we some Brit forcing back the Revolution? Oh we are a Native American apparently...

This is... actually pretty freakin cool! We get to be the race of guys who called dibs but get shit on anyway! I see out Creed (haha get it) being slaughtered for completely racist and land grabby reasons and then Chief Slapaho getting rightfully pissed and off to kill those bad white folks.

From the pictures I'm guessing you get involved somewhere between the Revolution and probably siding with the Americans. I'm hoping they don't go too far with this though... I love the American Revolution because its sense of freedom and overcoming great odds, but if this game is going to instill my inner patriot with a "Yeah America!" attitude then I'll find it VERY annoying! Plus America hated the Natives too so I see them betraying you or something.

Also inb4TemplarAmericanGovernmentConspiracies!

In conclusion, AWESOME character choice... bad setting!

(edited)

Posted Image

I can't wait for another installment of "this is a game where you're meant to be an assassin but do nothing like an assassin!".

Edited by Lucifer

• 2 months later...