Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

Here's one:

I feel CGI is an over hated medium. It feels like people will hate anything based on the fact it's in CGI. As long as the writing's good who cares? I know the CGI is practically taking over 2D animation, but don't just assume everything done in CGI instantly sucks. 

• Brohoof 2

This site has lost it's charm.

Back when I had come here 5 months ago people were actually talking about the show.

Now all we seem to talk about is social issues and events that have nothing to do with the show.

Ask yourself this.

When's the last time you've watched an old episode of MLP just for kicks?

Oh yeah, another thing I've noticed is the number of actual Bronies on this site is very slowly decreasing.

Quite ironic since this is a site for Bronies.

Anyone else have this opinion?

• Brohoof 7

Looks like there've been quite a few arguments popping up in the last few pages. I'm going to bring this post back up:

Hey, everyone! Less than a month ago, we gave you a reminder about the purpose of this thread. Here it is, for your convenience:

SolarFox's post is far from the first warning made in this thread. The thread is for posting unpopular opinions. Discussion should be made elsewhere. It's fine to disagree, but please disagree through PM or some other means of communication.

The next time something like this happens, the thread will be locked. Thanks for your cooperation!

And SolarFox's post before that:

Just a gentle reminder: This thread is for stating unpopular opinions. Further discussion should be done in other threads or via PM. At least add a new opinion to your post if you must discuss someone else's post, mmkay?

I'll be locking this thread for 24 hours. If you want to debate, there's the Debate Pit and the personal messaging system. Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Here are some more, now that this thread is unlocked:

-Most "advantages" that DVDs have over VHS Tapes aren't even true advantages.

-I don't really care that much about the 8th gen consoles.

-To add to that, I kind of hate how consoles have just been "LOOK AT ALL THE FEATURES THIS CAN DO" since the 6th gen.

-Even though MLP:FiM is my favorite show, I don't think it's the BEST show ever.

-I've ALWAYS hated it when a viral video uses a theme from a video game, and every time I listen to the theme there's comments like "LOL THIS CAME FROM _____" (Ex: SMB2 Overworld - Pony Simulator Comments, SMW Ending - DOG comments)

-Linux isn't that great

Edited by Percy

Here are some more, now that this thread is unlocked:

-Most "advantages" that DVDs have over VHS Tapes aren't even true advantages.

-I don't really care that much about the 8th gen consoles.

-To add to that, I kind of hate how consoles have just been "LOOK AT ALL THE FEATURES THIS CAN DO" since the 6th gen.

-Even though MLP:FiM is my favorite show, I don't think it's the BEST show ever.

-I've ALWAYS hated it when a viral video uses a theme from a video game, and every time I listen to the theme there's comments like "LOL THIS CAME FROM _____" (Ex: SMB2 Overworld - Pony Simulator Comments, SMW Ending - DOG comments)

-Linux isn't that great

Honestly, even in 6th gen, the game cube didn't really do that and was a regular console. I personally think that started 7th gen. Most 6th gen consoles even with the ps2 and original xbox just had a menu and that's about it.

Honestly, even in 6th gen, the game cube didn't really do that and was a regular console. I personally think that started 7th gen. Most 6th gen consoles even with the ps2 and original xbox just had a menu and that's about it.

I'm aware that the Gamecube and Dreamcast didn't do that, but I feel the others started it by making a huge deal about 'em being able to play DVDs.

Edited by Percy

I hate rap/hip-hop. In fact, I hate most of today's music. I hate the YouTube comments where one person says "I'm (insert age here) and I love this song." Google+ ruined YouTube. I don't have an Instagram and I don't want one either. I don't like most of the people at my school. I don't like soccer.

If I have more unpopular opinions, I'll post them.

• Brohoof 1

If i remember correctly, I posted a response to this thread long ago but my unpopular opinions may have changed over time so I'll give it another go. Here are some My Little Pony related opinions.

•  Fluttershy is not best pony, in fact, there is no best pony in mlp. Everypony is special in there own way. 

• If the mane six were real and they went on those dangerous adventures that they're always going on Fluttershy would be a danger to the group. Her cowardliness could possibly get herself or any of her friends hurt or killed.

• Pinkie Pie and Princess Luna suffer from mental instability but both of them are very good at hiding it.

• Spike and Rarity shipping is unrealistic and would never really happen. Spike is a baby dragon (it's been said in the show) and Rarity is a grown mare. If the two of them actually got together Rarity would go to jail and be labeled a pedophile.

• I like Discord's personality but I think he looks gross. 

• Queen Chrysalis could of and should of killed Princess Celestia in the episode "A Canterlot Wedding." I'm not saying I wanted Celestia to be killed but with the amount of magic that she got hit with normally Celestia would of died if My Little Pony wasn't a kid's show. 
Edited by Spooky Sun
  • Brohoof 3

before i say this *hides behind fluttershy* i don't like derpy at all i get why people like derpy but i just find her annoying also i dont find her cute either and no its not the eyes

If i remember correctly, I posted a response to this thread long ago but my unpopular opinions may have changed over time so I'll give it another go. Here are some My Little Pony related opinions.

•  Fluttershy is not best pony, in fact, there is no best pony in mlp. Everypony is special in there own way. 

• If the mane six were real and they went on those dangerous adventures that they're always going on Fluttershy would be a danger to the group. Her cowardliness could possibly get herself or any of her friends hurt or killed.

• Pinkie Pie and Princess Luna suffer from mental instability but both of them are very good at hiding it.

• Spike and Rarity shipping is unrealistic and would never really happen. Spike is a baby dragon (it's been said in the show) and Rarity is a grown mare. If the two of them actually got together Rarity would go to jail and be labeled a pedophile.

• I like Discord's personality but I think he looks gross. 

• Queen Chrysalis could of and should of killed Princess Celestia in the episode "A Canterlot Wedding." I'm not saying I wanted Celestia to be killed but with the amount of magic that she got hit with normally Celestia would of died if My Little Pony wasn't a kid's show. 

im 85% sure i know what pinkie has but luna im not sure

• Brohoof 1

before i say this *hides behind fluttershy* i don't like derpy at all i get why people like derpy but i just find her annoying also i dont find her cute either and no its not the eyes

im 85% sure i know what pinkie has but luna im not sure

When you've been banished to the moon for 1000 years with only Nightmare Moon and the silence of space to keep you company take a guess at what she may have developed. haha

• Brohoof 1

99.9% of modern music sucks

What happened, in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s we were getting classics every year. I honestly can't tell you the last classic album I heard was from. If albums like Good Kid Maad City or Take Care or some shit constitute classics these days, then music is dead. James Blake's Overgrown was the best album I heard in 2013 and I wouldn't call that a classic. I want a real classic, like Dark Side of the Moon, OK Computer, or something. Something truly great. I think the closest thing we had to something like that was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010. Even that's criminally overrated these days. I don't know, it's just depressing that there's no great new music to listen to these days.

Don't even get me started on the shit I hear on the radio. Remember when popular artists used to actually be good and not some Disney Channel actor with autotune or some ghetto ass rapper from Young Money? It's just pathetic

99.9% of modern music sucks

What happened, in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s we were getting classics every year. I honestly can't tell you the last classic album I heard was from. If albums like Good Kid Maad City or Take Care or some shit constitute classics these days, then music is dead. James Blake's Overgrown was the best album I heard in 2013 and I wouldn't call that a classic. I want a real classic, like Dark Side of the Moon, OK Computer, or something. Something truly great. I think the closest thing we had to something like that was My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010. Even that's criminally overrated these days. I don't know, it's just depressing that there's no great new music to listen to these days.

Don't even get me started on the shit I hear on the radio. Remember when popular artists used to actually be good and not some Disney Channel actor with autotune or some ghetto ass rapper from Young Money? It's just pathetic

So you're saying that just about all of modern music sucks because of what's on the radio? You do realize that radio only makes up a very, very small amount of today's music, right? There's A LOT of great modern artists imo. You just gotta look for them.

OT: I think some of today's music is actually better than older music.

• Brohoof 3

So you're saying that just about all of modern music sucks because of what's on the radio? You do realize that radio only makes up a very, very small amount of today's music, right? There's A LOT of great modern artists imo. You just gotta look for them.

OT: I think some of today's music is actually better than older music.

No, the radio was just a side rant. Of course I haven't listened to all music, but a lot of the music that people are calling classics the last few years are simply not on the same level. More importantly, the accessibility of great music is much lower than in the past. You didn't need to go searching back alleys like you do today for great music.

No, the radio was just a side rant. Of course I haven't listened to all music, but a lot of the music that people are calling classics the last few years are simply not on the same level.

I'm not even sure if anything modern can be called "classic" to be begin with. I mean, doesn't something need a considerable amount of time to pass before it can be called that in the first place?

More importantly, the accessibility of great music is much lower than in the past. You didn't need to go searching back alleys like you do today for great music.

I highly disagree. We have one thing that now that no one had back then: the Internet. With YouTube, Spotify, last.fm and a bunch of other websites and programs we can use to find music, I doubt anyone can have a hard time doing just that as long as they actually try.

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 3