Post your unpopular opinions

Lord Theoretical

(edited)

I hate close-minded people a lot too... 

Just because someone else has different belief in you don't give you a right to bash them for what they believe in...

I am a Christian myself and there are so many people within' my religion that disgust me with how intolerant they are of others... Ignorant people what can you do with em'?

I have plenty of  friends that are atheists. Actually one of my best friends that I have known since middle school is atheist. It doesn't affect our friendship in one bit!!

People ought to live their lives happy that goes for gays,lesbians and etc. you get what I am saying! People deserve to live their lives happy without being put down for what they believe in. I despise it when I see others protesting and putting others down for what they believe in. People need to become more tolerant and open-minded of others.

I spoke to a friend of mine at work who is an Atheist and he agreed with everything that I said and he also stated we need more people like you... Now we are very good friends.  

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

-The USA is a pretty good country in my opinion.

-I dont see whats so good about zelda or pokemon.

-I hate bronies that like to analyze everything from the episodes, and take them way to seriously. Its just a kids show, not the bible.

-Antisocial, nerdy, and shy people piss me off as much as sporty, popular people.

-Mcdonalds is good, I think every fast food place is good, (Woah you hardly ever hear that anymore)

-Mainstream media music isnt as bad as people say it is (Woah, another rare one)

-Im not a hipster, but I think people should stop bandwaging and just speak up for what they like, even if the majority hates it.

-Anime is boring

-Lord of the rings is boring

-Black people that join gangs and smoke weed are just as guilty as racist people.

-Whats the big deal with fluttershy? Applejacks obviously best pony <3

• Brohoof 1

Ok i have one I don´t hate war.

I only like one type of pizza.

I don´t like Iphones.

I like school.

I play badminton and computer games on my freetime.

I like music (mostly dubstep :wub: )

I think that´s all for me.

-Obama has a great sense of humor.

-I think misanthropists are annoying.

-I don't hate the government.

-GMOs are useful.

-I do not outright dislike Alicorn OCs, but I dislike Alicorn sympathizers.

The above claim, regardless of who makes it, is a lie, a delusion or both. Period. Not supporting equality is a sign of discrimination which is itself a sign of hatred whether one realizes it or not.

Actually you can.... if you hate the idea of gay marriage and/or have reasonable disagreement with it that doesn't make you instantaneously discriminatory.  You aren't automatically discriminating against gays if you don't support their fight. That's just the common Liberal view on everything; equality can have different degrees of determination. Denying them the right to marry isn't the same as killing them and giving them no right to live. Doesn't the right to life > the right to love whoever? We can deny polygamous and bestiality's type of love, how is that any different?  

It's the same ridiculous argument that healthcare reform had, you either agree with us or you're trying to kill people. Not having health insurance will not literally deny you life. Additionally hospitals can't turn anyone away needing care thus making that argument void. People aren't entitled other's money. I have a responsibility to help the state and nation keep up its maintenance, support our military whom protect us, and pay civil servants a just wage. We have no responsibility to help those who do nothing for us, unless you want to bring in religion, then you do. But then why would religion be used here but not with marriage? 

Take this hypothetical idea, we get rid of all welfare aside from 5 weeks worth for unemployment. We increase the desperation for food stamps by lowering the bar on income, and tell everyone to defend their property. This would obviously in all purposes destroy at least 75% of all Lower Class individuals, but would in turn allow those who work to keep far more of their earnings thus rewarding those who actually do something while punishing those who don't. This is far to extreme for my tastes but the ideas brought about by the many "Entitled" people in America needs to be squashed. Helping those who help themselves or are unable to due to legitimate reasons is our duty as people and citizens; but where does it say we must support those unwilling to help themselves and have ridiculous excuses why they can't. Why should we have to pay for the idiotic, sex crazed, people who have 6 children while being on welfare the entire time. Those individuals should be stripped of their citizenship and forced to work the fields instead of the illegals. Then 9/10ths their money could be used to pay for their children's well being. Racism isn't always solely made from ignorance, but also can be generated through many other means. Had African Americans as a whole followed George Washington Carver's of working hard and proving their equivalence with Whites through education and a never say die attitude in the early 1900's, African Americans now would just be Americans because that racism would of undid itself over time with everyone but the most ignorant. Rather than constantly playing the race card, prove you are better or equal thus earning their respect. For example women whom in the 1970's went and got an education and thus later sent their own daughters and so on are now highly respected in most fields except to the extreme male-only crowd.

So to sum up this rant, stop playing the hater card, the discrimination card, and the like. It makes you look weak and if it wins you anything it will cost you respect from your peers and only give your group another black eye.

• Brohoof 2

My extended family are racist and though I would never tell them, I actually hate them for it.

I was in the military but I hate guns.

I support the death penalty.

I think marriage is already a joke so I don't see a problem with letting homosexual couples get in on the punch line.

I hate shows about country folk, gangs, bikers etc. because I feel it celebrates ignorance.

I think its perfectly fine to kick another guy in the crotch if he attacks you. I don't care if its unfair or unmanly.

My extended family are racist and though I would never tell them, I actually hate them for it.

Well I'm proud of you for being different than them. Hating others because of their skin color is a weak reason to dislike someone.

Well I'm proud of you for being different than them. Hating others because of their skin color is a weak reason to dislike someone.

The worst part for me is that because I told them they were wrong for thinking that way, they declared that my soul is bound for hell unless I agree with them because they're my elders.  I just try to avoid them anymore.

• Brohoof 1

The worst part for me is that because I told them they were wrong for thinking that way, they declared that my soul is bound for hell unless I agree with them because they're my elders.  I just try to avoid them anymore.

Tell them that God himself said to love others as we love ourselves, because we are all his children. Therefore, it is THEIR souls that they should fear for.

I am satisfied by the outcome of the Zimmerman case. I heard testimony from an expert on gunshot wounds which stated that the evidence showed that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman at the time of the shot.

Granted, Zimmerman shouldn't have pursued Trayvon. But that's beside the point that Trayvon started beating the living shit out of Zimmerman, so Zimmerman shot him.

Come at me, bro.

• Brohoof 2

Ahh, yes. So do I. I'm more familiar with post-hardcore but I do enjoy screamo bands like Pg.99 and Circle Takes the Square.   OT: Just because a genre ends with the word "core" doesn't make it bad.  I like metalcore (not the "scene kid" stuff) Swedish death metal>Norwegian black metal

Thank you for even knowing about those! I put screamo for those who haven't got a clue. All are good, although I can agree on some of the disagreeable, including deathmetal...

(edited)

Actually you can.... if you hate the idea of gay marriage and/or have reasonable disagreement with it that doesn't make you instantaneously discriminatory.  You aren't automatically discriminating against gays if you don't support their fight. That's just the common Liberal view on everything; equality can have different degrees of determination. Denying them the right to marry isn't the same as killing them and giving them no right to live. Doesn't the right to life > the right to love whoever?

There is no reasonable way to disagree with equality. And why are you bringing up the right to life? Nobody's talking about killing anyone here. The fact remains that not supporting equality is a product of discrimination and discrimination is a product of hate.

OT: "No hitting below the belt" and similar rules or complaints against "dirty fighting" are stupid. The entire point of a fight is victory, by any means. You want to avoid "cheap" tactics? Enjoy losing every fight you'll ever be in.

Edited by Xanatos
  • Brohoof 1

Am I allowed to post multiple times?

-Texas is now on my blacklist

-So is Justin Bieber 

-Along with Taylor Swift

-Also people on instagram

I don't hate gays, but I don't support gay marriage.

That's fine! As long as you don't commit hate crimes against homosexuals, I'm not going to shout you down or anything. That'd be silly.

• Brohoof 1

That's fine! As long as you don't commit hate crimes against homosexuals, I'm not going to shout you down or anything. That'd be silly.

Thank you. That's what I meant. I'm against gay marriage on my voters ballots because of my religion, but I honestly don't care. Personality matters more to me than sexuality.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

-Using the Zimmerman case as excuse to riot is beyond stupid, you can have a peaceful protest but rioting won't change the verdict.

-Some people need understand that science isn't democratic, you can't vote on weather or not evolution is real.

Thank you. That's what I meant. I'm against gay marriage on my voters ballots because of my religion, but I honestly don't care. Personality matters more to me than sexuality.

From what I hear, some people prefer the term "civil union". I really don't care, I wouldn't care if someone tried marrying a pillow.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

This is not a respectable position. Not only are you trying to make (or keep, in terms of my crappy state) it to where I can't marry the person I love, you're doing so by saying it's against your religion. That's your religion. This is a matter of law. I'm not a follower of your religion (I can assume this because I don't follow any religion), and in a country of which one of the most important founding principle's was freedom of religion, I should never have to live under the laws of somebody else's religion.

• Brohoof 2

guns don't kill people, the government does....

those are the immortal words of dale gribble but i firmly believe this, they just shoot who ever they dont like.

(edited)

"Oh, I don't really care, I'm just pointlessly prejudiced because my religion told me so and I totally have to blindly obey it!"

...You are the worst sort of person. I say that as respectfully as I can.

@AtDawnTheySquee: People have tried to wed pillows, video game characters, trucks, the Berlin Wall, a roller coaster...It gets weird but they've got the right. And as for "civil union"...Well, you remember how blacks used to be shunted into separate schools, restrooms, etcetera under the BS excuse of "separate but equal"? That's all a "civil union" is. That certain segments of humanity demand it be arbitrarily distinguished from "marriage" is just the same inane discriminatory reasoning in a new form.

Edited by Xanatos

This is not a respectable position. Not only are you trying to make (or keep, in terms of my crappy state) it to where I can't marry the person I love, you're doing so by saying it's against your religion. That's your religion. This is a matter of law. I'm not a follower of your religion (I can assume this because I don't follow any religion), and in a country of which one of the most important founding principle's was freedom of religion, I should never have to live under the laws of somebody else's religion.

As Thomson Jefferson said, "a wall of separation between church and state". Sadly, some politicians make up lies and say things like "America is a Christian nation".

"Oh, I don't really care, I'm just pointlessly prejudiced because my religion told me so and I totally have to blindly obey it!"

...You are the worst sort of person. I say that as respectfully as I can.

@AtDawnTheySquee: People have tried to wed pillows, video game characters, trucks, the Berlin Wall, a roller coaster...It gets weird but they've got the right. And as for "civil union"...Well, you remember how blacks used to be shunted into separate schools, restrooms, etcetera under the BS excuse of "separate but equal"? That's all a "civil union" is. That certain segments of humanity demand it be arbitrarily distinguished from "marriage" is just the same inane discriminatory reasoning in a new form.

Yes, I was aware. There really isn't any reason to be against gay marriage, and I dislike the idea of using your personal beliefs to control other people's lives.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Here are some things that may be considered unpopular opinion.

-I hate political correctness. It would be ideal for me if it were completely acceptable to make fun of a group of people (making fun of them for the sake of humour and NOT for the sake of degrading/insulting them).

-I'd rank Adolf Hitler more as a #3 or #4 for worst human in history; there are other people I believe who were worse than him (though I need to do further research to confirm my standpoint). I've been called pro-Hitler for saying this but that isn't the case at all.

-Related to above point, I find it odd that the Swastika is such a taboo but not so much the Hammer and Sickle.

-According to this one book I read, the USA will likely remain as the world's superpower for at least the rest of the 21st century; from about the 16th century to the 20th century were the Europeon centuries and the 21st century will be the American century. This is partially/largely based on the fact that the American navy is massive.

-I'm generally not fond of emoticons; this is especially true with the winking emoticon.

-I tend to avoid using internet acronyms.

Edited by 115Predator
  • Brohoof 2

As Thomson Jefferson said, "a wall of separation between church and state". Sadly, some politicians make up lies and say things like "America is a Christian nation".

Yes, I was aware. There really isn't any reason to be against gay marriage, and I dislike the idea of using your personal beliefs to control other people's lives.

Frankly, I'm against marriage as a whole. Just a lot of bother, red tape, and governmental and/or religious interference. Then you've got nonsense like "alimony" (literally just one leeching off another) if it goes bad. Being together should be as simple as saying so, and divorce as simple as "you go this way, I'm goin' that way".

But if it must exist, it may as well be granted to all.

• Brohoof 1

One thing that would probably be disliked by many people is the Mass Effect 3 ending. For many the ending was just horrible, but for me I find the ending quite well. I don't know why I like the ending of Mass Effect 3 while others don't.

I hate pewdiepie and skydoesminecraft the fanboys annoy me after awhile, it seems like any gaming video i watch I read a comment saying "YOU COPIED PEWDIEPIE" or "ITS NOT GOLD ITS BUDDER GET IT RIGHT" I also find Pewdiepie to be annoying.

fanboyanatomy.jpg

• Brohoof 4