Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in Real Life? (NO MAGIC)

Homura Akemi

Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in the Real World? (NO MAGIC)  

92 users have voted

1. 1. Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in the Real World? (NO MAGIC?)

• Honesty
    • Laughter
    • Loyalty
    • Generosity
    • Kindness

Neither is more important and the fact that the Elements Harmony need all of them to function makes them equally important in that world and ours too. A person should really strive to display all of the elements. Now a person may be more inclined to one "element", laughter for example, but that doesn't mean we don't need the others.

This is very true. All the Elements are important. Ideally, every human being should have each of these things to some degree. The Mane Six functions because the necessary qualities of a true friend are split up between them. The whole group is greater than the sum of its parts. Unfortunately, most people aren't lucky enough to be in a group so perfectly arranged, so the lesson of the show is for everyone to have at least some bit of each element, in case their friends are ever in need of those elements.

One might even argue that any friendship that fails is lacking in at least one of these elements. For example, I was once in a group that totally fell apart, despite how it had been together for years. I could say it started with a lack of kindness, which eroded the group's loyalty, which damaged the group's honesty, which killed its laughter. Generosity alone wasn't nearly enough to keep it all together. Or at least that's how I see it... huh.png

Edited by Questio and Ashling
  • Brohoof 2

You forgot magic. There is nothing more important then magic. After that I'd say kindness which is what I voted for. That and Loyalty I think are the 2 most important ones.

Part of me tends to be in a bit of a mix

on this one to just pick one so I

will go with two: 

Kindness:  When i speak of kindness, i don't

mean the big things  that make the news but

the small things like someone returning money they

found and not keeping it or if a kid drops their toy,  a person

gives it back or holding the door open for someone and they

don't note it.   Thats the kindness i look for in truth in everyday life

and setting.

Now the other one not listed is Magic:  This one

is look at more in the mind set of dreams,  imagination

creativity,   and such things the human mind can do!  Everything

we have done from  basic  cave paintings to walking on the moon!

Idea's that can bring all sorts of ppl together is a type of unseen magic!

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering about this today. The Elements of Harmony are equally important in the show, but which one has the most quality in the real world? I didn't include Magic for the obvious reason that that sort of Magic isn't in real life.

Of course I know about magick, before anyone asks.

I think it is a hard question to answer, but I'm going have to go for loyalty. It is my favorite Element of the 5. img-1389004-1-smile.png Magic would be my overall favorite if all 6 were included. I feel that loyalty is a huge key to friendship and relationships itself. I can relate to this quality. Sure, being able to laugh is great, but sometimes it can be harmful. I mean, some people laugh at you. Pinkie Pie represents good laughter, though. Sometimes when you're kind, you're a little passive. There's such thing as being too honest and too generous. I think you can never have enough loyalty with a true friend.

Kidness of course.

Whatever "kidness" is, it's on the poll, so it must be really important, although I'm not sure which pony is the element of kidness.

kidness.png

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

WHO DUG THIS THREAD FROM THE GRAVE?!

This is just like my Luna thread from September. I wrote this ages ago and it's back again, I suppose.

You forgot magic. 

I wrote in the original post that I would not include magic, just the other 5 elements. Magic is the most powerful element and therefore I wanted to break them down into the 5 simple ones.

You forgot friendship which is magic. 

To answer the question none of them is most important. We should all strive to use all of these qualities in real life. After all isnt that the message of the show? Friendship is magic, that magic is represented by the elements of harmony and channeled through twilight. It has been shown that without them working in harmony that that magic is unable to manifest. In the real life case you should be using all of these qualities to better your friendship. All of the elements are important no one is the most important thing to a relationship, one should strive to have all these qualities. Are you going to be better at some than others? Of course, but again I think all are needed. 

I said in the original post that magic would not be included in this thread. I wanted to exclusively break it down to the other 5.

Kidness of course.

Whatever "kidness" is, it's on the poll, so it must be really important, although I'm not sure which pony is the element of kidness.

kidness.png

Lemme fix that typo. I can't believe this 8-month-old thread has suddenly been revived. I've changed my mind and I know think that kindness is the most important. I originally said loyalty.

Edited by Captain Sparkle

You forgot friendship which is magic. 

To answer the question none of them is most important. We should all strive to use all of these qualities in real life. After all isnt that the message of the show? Friendship is magic, that magic is represented by the elements of harmony and channeled through twilight. It has been shown that without them working in harmony that that magic is unable to manifest. In the real life case you should be using all of these qualities to better your friendship. All of the elements are important no one is the most important thing to a relationship, one should strive to have all these qualities. Are you going to be better at some than others? Of course, but again I think all are needed. 

This pretty much sums up all my thoughts.

None of them are more important than the other and yet, all are necessary in life.

Okay, maybe not magic, but you get my point. huh.png 

• Brohoof 1

Of all the elements I think honesty is most lacking in our world, and is one of the most "good" trait a person can have. How could there be any problems if everyone just told the truth. But of course, in a world full of honest people, one liar would ruin everything. Because anyone could be suckered into his lies.

The second most important element would either be laughter or kindness. Just one person with kindness and compassion can affact many. Same with laughter.

I'd put loyalty on the bottom. I mean, loyalty is good and all, you should be loyal to your friends, but should you stand up for them no matter what? What if you know (or at least think) they're wrong? I think you should come to a disagreement everyone once and awhile.

When you express loyalty to anything, such as a country, an idea, a king, a "princess"; your assuming that these "things" aren't lying to you, which in some cases they are.

If that didn't make sense the way I put it, basically, loyalty to the wrong person can be very dangerous.

About generosity... I actually don't know what to say. Generosity is good, helping people is good; aren't these acts of kindness? I personally struggle with generosity. Not just that I'm greedy, but I also have trouble accepting gift from people or asking for help. So yeah, I don't feel like I have a valid opinion on generosity.

Well I personally think the one I use the most personally is kindness. But as far as most important I'm not sure if you can really pick one, I mean they're all important in their own regards, which is why they make up the elements of friendship, because they're all pretty nessary.

Some people will have more of one then the other, but they're all things you should strive for in a good friendship and as a person in general really.

Magic is important too. The element isn't literally magic, it's essentially the ability to overcome differences and to form friendship, and then be able to uphold that friendship through thick and thin.

Laughter. With out any form of laughter, and happiness, it's a pretty dull life. Whenever I'm not laughing I always feel lonely.

It's sort of hard to pick one for me but I had a little thought and chose between Loyalty and Laughter, after all laughter is the best medicine and without laughter then life is basically grey and dull. But loyalty is something that's vital in friendship, someone who will stay by your side is someone I can really trust.

Within the cruel, hostile world we live in, I believe that Kindness is the most important element. There are far too many instances of abuse, war and prejudice (and killings resulting from these instances). There are far too few kind people in the world we live in. If everyone was capable of expressing kindness, we would have a lot less violent crimes happening.

• 1 year later...

I'd have to go with honesty. It's more or less the basis for all the other elements. Without honesty, kindness is degraded to just buttering other people up to do favors for you (go re-watch "the ticket master" to see what I mean). While laughter can normally lighten a sour mood, dishonest laughter revolves around making fun of others misfortunes. Without honesty, you'd only be generous to build up a good reputation. But that reputation would be based on something that isn't heartfelt. Dishonest loyalty is what Tirek pulled on Discord (and we all know how well that turned out). Sooooooo.......yeah!!! Honesty is really BUCKING important.

Ps. Did you notice that in "return of harmony" the first pony to be discorded as well as the first to get un-discorded by Twilight was AJ????????? Possibly symbolic???????

Edited by The thoughtful brony

I've met a lot of people who care more about kindness than honesty, and it bothers me. It's not like they're being deceitful, but they have so much concern for others' feelings that they never tell the people they care about when they're wrong, or offer criticism. Having a bit of tact is nice and all, but I think we'd be better off ALWAYS being brutally honest than sometimes holding our tongue just for someone's feelings.

Kindness. is there really any arm to come from being kind? And though loyalty is great, you would not want to be too loyal beceause sometimes you have to leave certian groups if they are not good or doing bad stuff.

Magic is important too. The element isn't literally magic, it's essentially the ability to overcome differences and to form friendship, and then be able to uphold that friendship through thick and thin.

I never thought about it like that!!!!!!!

Edited by The thoughtful brony

I think it would be kindness because that is something everyone should have and show to each other. If there was an abundance of kindness in real life, there would be far fewer problems but I think any of the other elements would make a good second place.

I think Laughter is the most valuable. This Element of Harmony encourages both hope and optimism, which are in my eyes two wonderful traits for a person.