Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in Real Life? (NO MAGIC)

Homura Akemi

Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in the Real World? (NO MAGIC)  

92 users have voted

1. 1. Which Element of Harmony Has the Most Value in the Real World? (NO MAGIC?)

• Honesty
    • Laughter
    • Loyalty
    • Generosity
    • Kindness

I was wondering about this today. The Elements of Harmony are equally important in the show, but which one has the most quality in the real world? I didn't include Magic for the obvious reason that that sort of Magic isn't in real life.

Of course I know about magick, before anyone asks.

I think it is a hard question to answer, but I'm going have to go for loyalty. It is my favorite Element of the 5. Magic would be my overall favorite if all 6 were included. I feel that loyalty is a huge key to friendship and relationships itself. I can relate to this quality. Sure, being able to laugh is great, but sometimes it can be harmful. I mean, some people laugh at you. Pinkie Pie represents good laughter, though. Sometimes when you're kind, you're a little passive. There's such thing as being too honest and too generous. I think you can never have enough loyalty with a true friend.

Edited by Captain Sparkle

If you look into the deeper meanings of them I'd say Laughter.For the most part people think laughter is just "HaHaHa" type laughter when it's far from that.

Kindness and Laughter I think are some of the most vital. Kindness is bonding, and at it's core, love, compassion and the ability to work together and care for others, whether they're family, friends or just being good to strangers. After that, generosity for similar reasons as kindness. Then loyalty and honesty.

Wow, I'm surprised I'm not the only one who chose Laughter

Well my reason is that, life isn't always all that good, however it is always best to look at the bright side of things, life won't always treat you fairly, life won't be the same for all, some live life in a silver spoon, others aren't all that lucky, however laughter is the medicine for anything, showing others an open mind and sharing a laugh with them opens friendships, and many other things, so Laughter is definitively important for me :3

What do you mean "that kind of magic"? There are plenty of ways to interpret the Element of Magic besides being Twilight's literal magic. Many have pointed out that it's some straight form of friendship, although I reject this because I see the Elements of Harmony as Friendship itself, as a whole. Some say it's the faith in others that comes from being one's friend, which I would say is a bit more plausible given Twilight's personality, who constantly sees the conflicts that occur between the other Mane Six and them with herself, but she always believes that the friendship can stick together.

My own theory about the Element of Magic comes from Twilight's constant desire for order and justification, and that she is often a mediator, she is concerned with the stability of a friendship so the bond can be not only justified to her, but to all parties involved. This of course presumes that people are fairly rational and reasonable who want to solve their conflicts in accordance with agreed-upon principles.

But if you must insist on not using Magic, I'd say that either Kindness or Honesty would fit the bill for most useful, since Kindness is assumed to be premised on respecting another's values and acting in accordance to those values, and Honesty for the credibility that is needed in order to trust one another.

Edited by JustFairness

Laughter, because well.. I vote for myself here and I laugh alot to stuff that aren't even funny. I wouldn't be me without laughter hah. So that's very important to me. Loyalty and Kindness is 2nd I guess.

If I was kind, but couldn't laugh, my life would be seriously boring. If I was evil but could laugh, I could laugh at people! >:3 loljk

Edited by Mr. Pillow

Are you serious? Laughter? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL NO.

By that logic I could laugh at a kid w/ cancer.

The last time I was honest I got kicked in the teeth.

Kindness is ok, but too much and you're weak.

Generosity makes you weak, and is covered by Loyalty.

Loyalty shows you trust someone and are willing to protect them, mentally and physically. You put your honor and name at risk when you are loyal, which shows more trust, which is empowering to all involved. Laughter is purely short term. I'd rather be depressed and surrounded by ppl who support me then happy and alone, b/c I wouldn't always be depressed.

CONT. later.

• Brohoof 2

The element of possison then no other element would matter..Now let me possess you with the secret video that i was able to brodcast across the world..

Edited by MLPSQUAD

Whichever one has the highest gold content to them. I suspect it it would be Twilight's Big Crown Thingy, just by sheer size! I'd take it to Las Vegas, bring it to Pawn Stars, and sell it to Chumlee. I bet you anything he's a brony, and would wear it proudly!

Posted Image

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Honesty and Loyalty. Any friend can make you laugh, any friend can be kind, any friend can be generous but only a true friend will stay with you through the worst life has to offer and only a true friend will have the strength to always be honest, even though you may not like the truth.

I think Fluttershy's Kindness would be the best :), I don't feel like there is enough of it in the world at the moment (although I would pick Laughter as second :) )

You forgot friendship which is magic. 

To answer the question none of them is most important. We should all strive to use all of these qualities in real life. After all isnt that the message of the show? Friendship is magic, that magic is represented by the elements of harmony and channeled through twilight. It has been shown that without them working in harmony that that magic is unable to manifest. In the real life case you should be using all of these qualities to better your friendship. All of the elements are important no one is the most important thing to a relationship, one should strive to have all these qualities. Are you going to be better at some than others? Of course, but again I think all are needed. 

• Brohoof 6

Are you serious? Laughter? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL NO.

By that logic I could laugh at a kid w/ cancer.

The last time I was honest I got kicked in the teeth.

Kindness is ok, but too much and you're weak.

Generosity makes you weak, and is covered by Loyalty.

Loyalty shows you trust someone and are willing to protect them, mentally and physically. You put your honor and name at risk when you are loyal, which shows more trust, which is empowering to all involved. Laughter is purely short term. I'd rather be depressed and surrounded by ppl who support me then happy and alone, b/c I wouldn't always be depressed.

CONT. later.

As someone who identifies the most with the element of laughter in real life and having the hardest time with loyalty, I feel slightly offended. Even if this was posted months ago. laugh.png

First of all, trust is something that falls as equally under honesty as loyalty; there's a reason why AJ and RD constantly seem to mix their elements up! To explain what I mean by this, I point to the more accurate and revealing term for Applejack's element; integrity. 

If you consider trust valuable, honesty/integrity is probably the most important element of them all. Applejack lies sometimes, but ever notice how she's the most reliable and stable of the Mane 6? Rainbow Dash has got your back and likes to be blunt and straightforward, but you can't trust her implicitly like Applejack. I often have a hard time telling those two elements apart, though, because they blend together so much.

How does generosity make you weak? Or kindness? They take strength of character, either to sacrifice or to put in the effort to empathize and show kindness even to people you hate. While both are nothing special when they are easy to do, so are any of the other elements. It's easy to be honest when meaning what you say isn't hard. It's easy to be loyal when loyalties are uncomplicated. It's easy to laugh when things are on the up and up.

Speaking of laughter... what if those people in your example left you? The element of laughter involves a person who can find joy in hardship and struggle as well as fortune and comfort. Laughter is very much relevant to real life because people who truly represent the element of laughter (and I don't think I fully do) can find a way to be happy and share their happiness with the world through the greatest adversity. Laughter can't cure a child's cancer, but it can help make his days in the hospital feel brighter and perhaps, if it comes to that, face death with a smile on his face. Laughter is empowering. Laughter is one of those little things that make life the wonderful concoction that it is. I wouldn't be the person I am without it.

But which one is the most important? Honestly, I can't decide. They are all fantastic qualities to have. I suppose laughter is the most essential to me personally, but that doesn't make it ideal.

• Brohoof 4

Honesty comes a close second, but I'd have to say generosity. It could solve the worlds problems if we just gave back a little.

Of course, assuming the element of kindness is always like fluttershy, that would be more powerful than an nuclear weapon.

• Brohoof 1

Neither is more important and the fact that the Elements Harmony need all of them to function makes them equally important in that world and ours too. A person should really strive to display all of the elements. Now a person may be more inclined to one "element", laughter for example, but that doesn't mean we don't need the others.

• Brohoof 2