Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scared to be a brony0_0

Expired delta

So I wake up in the morning go down stairs an check my mail an let's see what we got here. bills bills bills bills 50% on pizza an wings hmmm oh my an a MSG from a church near me0___0...

So at first I'm thinking oh it must be some kinda invite to come to church but then I look at it more an more an its a private letter from them. So I open it an what I see you will never believe. Dear blank blank blank (not going to tell my name) we have gotten notice from one of our sources that you have signed a form on a site to legalize gay marriage -____- an it may of just been that I sighened that form but they also inclouded that I am apart of the brony community an that I should come to on of there private sessions of cleansing. At first I was like wtf?!?!? An then I started thinking I wonder if my pony friends in my area got this to (we all sighed that form) so I MSG them on Skype hey anyone els get that weird church letter all them go u to? So that leads me to now I'm kinda scared to be a brony an a supporter of stuff. I'm not scared easily but it got worse then that so my thing to you is have you ever been scared to be a brony this also relates to school kids that said they where bronys got beat the hell up an teachers well we all know how that goes....

But getting back to the point are you scared or does this show that the brony community is growing an ppl should be happy over being scared?

UPDATE POST

So I was browsing through my old topics and I saw this one so I'm thinking hey why don't I update that one since stuff has gotten fixed and what not so here we go.

I think this went on for 5 days straight at one point i Basicly grew a pair and opened the door. not five seconds into opening the door did I get I nice yelling of not one not two not even three but 4 poeple yelling at me (1 women 2 men and a preacher)not even the fun part the two men where keeping my door open so I was Basicly screwed on walking away now so my choices A. call the cops(I did not pick this one:|) b. yell at them till they walked away( I picked this one ) so the screaming began for 4 straight hours. by the time I was done my voice was gone and but so where they. this seemed to be pretty much it for the last times I saw or had this happen. I got the looks ever time I went out for a wile but that's kinda normal but Basicly I did it without violence and that's what counts.

so ya that's pretty much the end of this topic glad I can finaly sit in peace and such.

Edited by ᵑ̰ᵅ͞ᵐ̳⅀⁶͢͢²

The church is crazy...just saying but most of the time there wrong in assumptions and besides the average church service the only thing good to come out of them is a charity. Don't fear the church because what could they possibly do to you? They got nothing and if you go to that church and they exile you, go find another 1! The people over there sound like intolerate cockmunchers.

Edited by JustTooXrosTS
  • Brohoof 4

Get a box. Get the bible. Get a sticky note that reads "You are a disgrace to your religion and your god. Try reading the bible". Put the bible, their original letter and the sticky note in the box and send it back to them.

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 62

Don't be. Honestly you really have nothing to fear. You aren't going to go to hell for being a brony, or supporting gay marriage. That's just the conservative church getting butthurt over change. As for people getting beaten up and such, I would say that the only place you would have to fear of being beaten over being a brony is if you walked straight into some gang's hideout in LA screaming "love and tolerate!"

Most people elsewhere, the worst they can do is say stupid things, which you shouldn't worry about anyway.

On top of that, we're like... what, in charge of half the internet now? :P. Pretty soon bronyism is gonna take over the world, so you might as well be on the winning team :P

Well, I don't actually think you have anything to be afraid of. Just to be clear, I am not a lawyer. With that out of the way, I'm not sure how they managed to get their hands on your address and other information, but I am pretty sure that any further actions on their part would probably constitute harassment. You could probably report them to local authorities at that point.

• Brohoof 4

Damn this makes me sad on many counts:

First that church: I do think it's insensitive that they have sent a letter to you in that manner. While the bible says that you should tolerate what others do who don't believe in Jesus, it does explicitly say that certain things are wrong ( at shout not be tolerated within the church), so I can see why they wrote is letter.

However putting the brony is the same ledge as gays is so wrong. Being a brony == gay. That's a awful assumption.

(btw I do not agree with gay marriage in any way shape or form)

And secondly:

The comments to this make me sad :/ bashing the church for being crazy ect without any or little understanding of the bible and what is teaches make me so sad

@bohtty no, infant they Re not far wrong, the bible teaches homosexuality is wrong , it's just associating them with bronys and making the letter insensitive that's the problem.

• Brohoof 1

the bible teaches homosexuality is wrong

Actually this is somewhat incorrect. The bible says that sodomy is wrong, but if one reads deeper they will see that it is actually talking more about rape than homosexuality......just sayin' I have studied
  • Brohoof 6

Actually this is somewhat incorrect. The bible says that sodomy is wrong, but if one reads deeper they will see that it is actually talking more about rape than homosexuality......just sayin' I have studied

That's what people teach to make people see it as acceptable and twist it to allow more people to feel like they are not sinning.

There are any verses that say it's wrong (I'm on a mobile device ATM so I can't find them ) but I have. Big list with explanations of the verses ect.

This is the best I could do ATM I can find better but this specifically adresses what you What talking about :

The men of Sodom and Gomorrah were the first recorded in the Bible to face punishment for their sexual perversion.  In Genesis chapter 19, we find two angels that pay a visit to Lot’s home in Sodom.  In verse four, we find that “all the men from every part of Sodom” surrounded Lot’s house, and told Lot to bring out his visitors “so that we can have sex with them.”  The pro-homosexual revisionist argues that the wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah was that the residents wanted to commit an act of rape.  That the rape would have been homosexual is not an issue, according to their argument. However, Jude 7 indicates that Sodom and Gomorrah’s punishment was due to their sexual perversion.  Their sin was not simply one of violence (rape) but of sexual immorality (homosexuality).  As further evidence of the sinful nature of homosexuality, Leviticus 18:22, and 20:13 both describe homosexuality as “an abomination.”   

Contrary to the opinions of some, the Old Testament is not the only place in the Bible that condemns homosexuality.  We previously mentioned Hebrews 13:4, where Paul exhorted us to honor the marriage bed and keep it pure.  In Romans 1:26-27 Paul is very specific, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.”  In 1 Corinthians 6:9, Paul wrote, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.”  The Greek word from which the King James Bible gets the word “effeminate” is malakos, which literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man.  The “abusers of themselves with mankind” are those men who engage in unnatural sexual relations with other men – homosexuals. That is also how the NASB, the NKJV, and the NIV translate that verse.  Also in the New Testament is verse 7 from the book of Jude, defining exactly why Sodom and Gomorrah were punished – homosexuality. 

Well, I don't actually think you have anything to be afraid of. Just to be clear, I am not a lawyer. With that out of the way, I'm not sure how they managed to get their hands on your address and other information, but I am pretty sure that any further actions on their part would probably constitute harassment. You could probably report them to local authorities at that point.

Well as I said it got much worse they day after this happened I woke up to two church preachers at my door trying to pull a your wrong gays are wrong screaming match.

o_O your scared of being a Brony because of the church, they cant do anything if they even harass or threaten you, call the police.

i had a kinda similar thing happen when i was living with a gay couple and being bi-sexual myself so we got allot of grief by our local church and other idiots we got the police involve when a certain incident happened one Sunday and they haven't been in contact since.

you need to remember the church as no legal power over you so F :) K them

• Brohoof 1

Well as I said it got much worse they day after this happened I woke up to two church preachers at my door trying to pull a your wrong gays are wrong screaming match.

That is completely nuts. You should totally report that the local authorities. Those guys have no right to harass you in that fashion.

Free speech should not be an excuse to terrorize.

• Brohoof 1

You don't really have anything to be afraid of. People fear what they don't understand, so whoever sent you this clearly has had their head stuck in a bible for so long they can't possibly read the words anymore (if they ever read them to begin with).. Also, the entire action of sending such a thing is quite rude and insensitive once you think about it: they have a different opinion than him, therefore they must be evil so the "logically" solution is to invite them to a church gathering in which to cleanse and purge any evil (read that as unique or different) thoughts from them.

By this point I'm pretty sure that qualiifies as harrasment and can be taken up with local cops.

If it got this far then you could easily report this to the authorities as harassment. That's insane that they would do that, it almost sounds like something the Westboro Baptist Church would pull.

• Brohoof 6

If it got this far then you could easily report this to the authorities as harassment. That's insane that they would do that, it almost sounds like something the Westboro Baptist Church would pull.

What sucks the most is that people are going to assume that this was from a Catholic church and then people like me will get a the hate from it....:(
  • Brohoof 3

That is completely nuts. You should totally report that the local authorities. Those guys have no right to harass you in that fashion.

Free speech should not be an excuse to terrorize.

Sadly this was reported but I was told it is freedom of speach an that it would have to happen two days in a row to be verbale abuse so beat the time just bye turning my speakers up

Posted Image

Hey, what I said came from my bishop, I'm gonna go with that since it's obviously the teachings of the Catholic Church.....That's my thing.......

:/ I'm sorry but that won't sit right with God.

Remember catholic bishops are trying to make the church appeal to more people so that they can get bigger congregations with more

money.

But re reading what you just said I'm kinda beginning to think I'm beging trolled :P I can't see the picture haha ><

What sucks the most is that people are going to assume that this was from a Catholic church and then people like me will get a the hate from it....:(

It was from a catholic church...

:/ I'm sorry but that won't sit right with God.

Remember catholic bishops are trying to make the church appeal to more people so that they can get bigger congregations with more

money.

But re reading what you just said I'm kinda beginning to think I'm beging trolled :P I can't see the picture haha ><

dude...why would you say that? Bishops don't preach.......you need to do your research before you start bashing on me of all people! other wise you're just going to piss me off!

It was from a catholic church...

WELL THEN THEY ARE FUCKING WRONG MOTHER FUCKERS THAT NEED TO FUCKING LEARN WHAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ACTUALLY TEACHES!!!!!!! YES I'M REALLY FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THE MOMENT!
  • Brohoof 7

What sucks the most is that people are going to assume that this was from a Catholic church and then people like me will get a the hate from it.... :(

I'm all for people in believing what they want to believe. I just despise when people try to push their beliefs on others. The fault isn't on the religion, it's on some of the particular people who practice said religion. It happens with almost religions, and with the popularity of Christianity it seems to happen the most with them. As long as you enjoy it and don't press the issue on others, I'm completely fine with all religions. It's just that when you believe that your rights should infringe upon others that irks me.

• Brohoof 2

dude...why would you say that? Bishops don't preach.......you need to do your research before you start bashing on me of all people! other wise you're just going to piss me off!

WELL THEN THEY ARE FUCKING WRONG MOTHER FUCKERS THAT NEED TO FUCKING LEARN WHAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ACTUALLY TEACHES!!!!!!! YES I'M REALLY FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THE MOMENT!

Well the best we can due is love hate an tolerate the hell out of them

• Brohoof 1

Oh God *Facepalm*

This is why I dislike most other Christians, At least the ones that are complete D-Bags like them. To me being a homosexual is just a sin like the others, and it even says it in the bible. Since we aren't perfect and all sin I have no right to judge others and neither do other people. But like I said no ones perfect, just reming them that if they come to your door again and tell them that, in fact, I am not Homosexual and I don't think God would appreciate it that you jump to such conclusions. If you don't stop harasing me I will call the police.

• Brohoof 2

Ok now I'm really confused, I've done lots of research on the bible and listend to many different interpretations by many people and looked at many translations but I guess we differ of opinions.

There is no point getting mad , I'm not trying to bash I just don't want people to be mislead (but I'm sure you probably feel the same about me).

I have to admit, I don't know completely the inner workings of the catholic church, if you can send me to somewhere where I can read about it I would be most greatful :)

Touching me is the least of my worries where I live it's a bible banging area the preachers are not the ones that will stake you an beat you will holy water it's the crazed believers that will