Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scared to be a brony0_0

Expired delta

But getting back to the point are you scared or does this show that the brony community is growing an ppl should be happy over being scared?

I'd be happy and ignore the whole thing, if they continue I will take action legally and also have any friends that are religious to help me show them what they are doing wrong.

I thought the bible teaches "love and tolerance" not Hate...

I'm not concerned about the brony part. What sickens me is that they think you need to be cleansed for supporting gay marriage.

One of my preists is a brony....

How a priest uses the internet is beyond me but he is glad that my friends and I enjoy something like this over something bad.

• Brohoof 2

Never let church or any other foundation control your life. They have no power over you and cant touch you.

Such things just really piss me off.

Edited by Devin McCourty
Refrain from attaching obscene or otherwise offensive images onto your post, please.
  • Brohoof 3

What on earth could the church possibly do to you? "Hey, you cotton-headed ninnymuggins! You shouldn't do dat!"

Never let church or any other foundation control your life. They have no power over you and cant touch you.

Such things just really piss me off.

LOL Agreed, religion is supposed to guide you, not to control you. And I would probably reply back with a less provocative image xD.

Edited by Devin McCourty
Removed reference to an obscene image.

LOL Agreed, religion is supposed to guide you, not to control you. And I would probably reply back with a less provocative image xD.

Yeah, i hate it when folks try to control you an tell you what to do (especially church)... It pisses me off, i just cant help it.

Well the best we can due is love hate an tolerate the hell out of them

No, these people do not deserve my tolerance, I'm Catholic, and I do not approve of it when people misrepresent our religion

I need to stop following this thread good bye

If it got this far then you could easily report this to the authorities as harassment. That's insane that they would do that, it almost sounds like something the Westboro Baptist Church would pull.

The Westboro Baptist Church bashes everything and everyone who don't conform to their extremist beliefs or ideologies, using Christianity as a form of hate speech and terrorizing (or just pissing people off) groups whom they consider to be enemies of god... which are, really, everyone on the planet. Not just homosexuals. So to make a comparison to them is unfair, because quite a few churches are against homosexuality, because they let primitive social values dictate how they choose to preach and lead their lives... which leads to spreading negative views about said bashed ethnic groups and an ultimate detriment to everyone involved.

Yes, if you claim to follow god's word or something, then take the time to review your actions and see how much trouble you can cause from it. You say you follow god's word? Don't single out people with different sexualities just because it was established centuries ago that it wasn't allowed.

Society evolves. Embrace change.

You shouldn't about being a brony, you know, i started like 5 weeks ago or so, and at first i was kinda scared because even if i knew that there was a great community all over the internet, is different from the real life, my family knows that i'm brony but they don't seem to care, and i try to tell it to my closest friends to see how they react, most of them were surprised but just that, suprised, and don't be silly, you wont be shouting "I'm a Brony!" all over the place, because obviously mean people will get advantange of that, and i don't really want to get to the religious thing because i'm an atheist, but i mean if it is a church they should understand everyone's likes it isn't like if being a brony was ilegal, if that church doesn't accept, then try another church, i dont really know how it works :P

PD: Sorry if have bad english

• Brohoof 1

From the site I was in before this one:

Dude, next time preachers show up at your door call the cops on them for trespassing. That's horrible.

ETA: I just realize that that quote probably came from another site. SEND ALONG MY MESSAGE.

And suddenly, I'm the messenger. I agree with him, though...

I do more then support gay marriage lol

but you should never let anyone intimidate you into beleiving what they do or trying to ruin your happiness

I don't call myself a brony, persay (cause at this point all I really do is watch a TV show and have some things I would have probably bought anyways)

never gotten a crazy church letter, and I went to a museum dressed as Gordon from Ninja the Mission Force carrying a ball jointed doll

Sadly this was reported but I was told it is freedom of speach an that it would have to happen two days in a row to be verbale abuse so beat the time just bye turning my speakers up

Freedom of speech my flank whoever told you that is just being lazy.

Actually this is somewhat incorrect. The bible says that sodomy is wrong, but if one reads deeper they will see that it is actually talking more about rape than homosexuality......just sayin' I have studied

It also says that marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Sorry gay people, but it is NOT okay.

Okay, let me ammend my previuos statement: I do not approve of Homosexuality, but I do not have the right to stop you from doing it. However, Freedom of speech dictates that I have a right to express my opinion. I am aloud to tell you that Homosexuality is wrong, but I am not allowd to tell you 'stop being gay or else'. in the end, you are going to do what you are going to do.

• Brohoof 1

It also says that marriage is to be between a man and a woman. Sorry gay people, but it is NOT okay.

Okay, let me ammend my previuos statement: I do not approve of Homosexuality, but I do not have the right to stop you from doing it. However, Freedom of speech dictates that I have a right to express my opinion. I am aloud to tell you that Homosexuality is wrong, but I am not allowd to tell you 'stop being gay or else'. in the end, you are going to do what you are going to do.

doesn't mean people are gonna accept that or call you an ignorant bigot

go ahead and say those things, but don't expect people to just go "yeah sure I'll just stand here and let you say I deserve no rights and to be miserable for the rest of my life because I was born a certain way"

yeah this is only going to get worse

go ahead and say those things, but don't expect people to just go "yeah sure I'll just stand here and let you say I deserve no rights and to be miserable for the rest of my life because I was born a certain way"

I never said you have no rights. I just said you are wrong. I will also say that you have the right to be wrong, and I do not think less of you as a person.

I never said you have no rights. I just said you are wrong. I will also say that you have the right to be wrong, and I do not think less of you as a person.

don't like being told I am wrong because I was born bisexual

being wrong implies there was a choice, and there's not

you don't think less of me as a person but think something that makes me- me is wrong and bad

why don't you just take a shit on mental disability or being Canadian

both are things I was born with

I think he's try to say "Hate the Sin, Not the Sinner, he may not like it, but he won't condemn anyone for it.

I, on the other hand, don't care. If two people love each other that's all that matters.

• Brohoof 1

I think he's try to say "Hate the Sin, Not the Sinner, he may not like it, but he won't condemn anyone for it.

I, on the other hand, don't care. If two people love each other that's all that matters.

still don't like being told I'm a sinner, I don't know, some crazy part of me desires equality for all, not equality for some, shit all for others

still don't like being told I'm a sinner, I don't know, some crazy part of me desires equality for all, not equality for some, shit all for others

I guess i just feel some sympathy because I thought somewhat like him when i was young(er) and stupid and grew to understand my faith is about love and accepting others.

This brings up new issues like nature vs nurture, I would say that being gay is all to do with the choices you make and the life you have lead not something ore determined (and as I understand there is no real scientific evidence that backs up that you where born that way, but hey I might be wrong :) )

You can choose to be gay, that's fine :) but it's defiantly not predetermined at birth or anything.

And they could easily give gays rights without legalising gay marriage , I mean they already have civil partnerships which is effectively the exact same things (and could be made to give all the benefits of marriage) .

Marriage is specifically between a man and a woman (as page turner explained above) so this can't fall into marriage.

If you choose to be gay that's fine with me :) I'll still love you as much as anyone else, it's no different to me then other sins :)

Edit: I would love to have a nice discussion with you, but I don't think we will ever see eye to eye on this but if you want inbox me about anything and I'll talk with you about it :)

Edited by Happy Plant
  • Brohoof 1

don't like being told I am wrong because I was born bisexual

being wrong implies there was a choice, and there's not

you don't think less of me as a person but think something that makes me- me is wrong and bad

why don't you just take a shit on mental disability or being Canadian

both are things I was born with

I don't like being called a biggot for standing up for what I believe in any more than you like being told you are wrong. so I guess we're even. I say we just shake hooves and move on.

and for the record, I also have a mental disability.