Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone remember the older generation

Trollestia

When they looked like real ponies, and looks like it was animated with a potato? Reply, hooffist(watevritis), I don't care, just post what you think of the older generation!

Hoof fist? its bro hoof, you havent been a brony long have you?

any way no, i dont, i knew of their existance because my aunt had a few old pony toys but thats it

My younger sisters owned a movie with the old generation. It was about some ghosts or something like that, I don't really remember. What I do remember is that there were some humans with them too :huh:

Honestly, I thought the movie was awful. This generation beats that by a long shot!

See, not much people like it. Now, I don't but I loved it as a child. I mean, this is the OLD mlp. Where things weren't as awesome and they make it simple for little kids. This is still mlp. I don't know anybody who still likes it, but I respect that some people may like it or was like me, liked it when they were younger.

I loved it when I was little but I wouldn't try to watch it now. Cartoons back then were extremely simplistic in plot and there were often gaping holes that your mind simply didn't notice. As an adult it's baffling to understand why we ever thought they were good.

Recently my brother and I tried watching Thundercats again, as it was a favorite back then, and it was painful. I wont even tell you what we thought of Hello Kitty.

I still have all of my My Little Pony toys from that era but I've no intention of even trying to watch the show again.

I used to be a fan of G1 back in the day. Not a huge fan, mind you. There were other things I liked better (Disney princess movies, dinosaurs/esp. Land Before Time, Care Bears, etc...), but I had quite a few of the toys and liked the first couple of movies. Upon rewatching them, they mostly were not very good, but have a nice nostaligic feel anyway.

I love G1 for the pony figures!! The cartoon was...well, an 80's cartoon that was just designed to sell the toys. The movie was long and draggy. I don't mean that as an insult, but as an observation. But yes I love collecting the G1 ponies! My user name came from a G1 pegasus. When I was really little, I had Seashell, Bowtie, Star Shine, Sky Dancer, Glory, Powder, Galaxy, and a few Sea Ponies. I have a few in my collection now, and I hope to add more soon. If anybody is interested in starting to collect the G1 ponies, check out the scented ones like the Sundae Best and the Sweetberry Ponies. I love their colors and designs! I also like the Rainbow Curl ponies, there is actually so many variations of the G1 ponies. Anyone else collect the G1 ponies?

Edited by Heartthrob
  • Brohoof 2

i grew up with gen1 ponies. as a pre-teen and teen i skipped over gen2 (i was too cool for ponies, got into punk rock, drugs, sex, rock n roll lmfao), went to college and got into raving/partying and somehow back into ponies with gen3, and now as a young? adult have discovered gen4 ponies. so yes i totally remember all the generations and think it is AWESOME that younger people (of all types - more the merrier) have gotten into ponies. it's not just for little girls anymore (thankgod).

probably should add that im not as into the show, as i am collecting the toys. i love toy collecting, ponies being a favorite, and that is what got me into the show MLP:FiM.

Edited by Bunches
  • Brohoof 1

I remember g1, the toys mostly. My older cousin had them, and me, my sister and she would play with them all the time. FORESHADOWING lmao. My sister always wanted this one blue pony but she'd always get this crappy yellow one instead haha. I just played with any of them. :P

Then I bought a g3 one as a joke when I made this video with my sister about Phantom of the Opera or something, and it had a pie cutie mark and it's ass smelt like coconut and kiwi or some crap, and we called it "cream puff sunshine"

Then I remember g3.5 commercials cause one song would go "my little pony, my little pony, racing to the cotton candy cafe"

And that's it lmao.

Ah yes I remember the older generation that I used to make fun of. There was a song one of my friends made that goes like this:

My little pony

His name was tony, went to the circus one day

Farted on purpose, blew up the circus

Then he passed away.

Of course I'll always love the G4 ponies.

I remember it. Like most, it seems like something I'd rather forget, really. All I've seen of it are a few scant episodes on Youtube that weren't all that bad (at least, I could kind of tolerate them without wanting to claw my eyes out), but were either extremely mediocre or a little decent in quality. Also, when I was younger, the constant commercials about G3 got the MLP theme song stuck in my head, and have instilled in me an extreme bias and hatred of that generation. (And the theme song. I can't even watch it for the G4 show. I always have to skip it.)

Since I have never been and never will be a collector of sorts (due to lack of funds and being extremely frugal when I obtain money), I also never had ponies or any sort of merchandise as a little girl. I think I was more interested in becoming a dragon than being a pretty pony princess... I was an odd little girl.

In other words, I don't really have any interest in previous generations whatsoever, and like many on the forums, have an opinion that is strongly slanted towards either dislike or complete apathy.

I can honestly say i never saw a single ep of anything before g4. I thought i might have seen some of G1 when i was little, but i've seen a few videos that reviewed the older gens and realized i hadn't. i had seen a few clips possibly over the years, but thats it and what i saw i had no interest in. Any knowledge of the franchise i had was from those few clips, but mostly commercials for the toys. it all looked like crap to me so i avoided it.

after seeing those review videos, i can see there being nostalgia for G1. its very 80's and very much that same animation and story style of hasbro's other 80's shows, Transformers and Gi Joe. just more on the fantasy side, then the sci-fi side. bit darker tone then i thought. still no interest though.

• 9 years later...