Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music The Beatles

DeiStar

So, yeah.

Posted Image

I'm amazed there's not a thread about them yet.

They're my favorite band of all time, and I'm sure everyone in here has heard about them. Right?

So, who likes them?

Are they your favorite band too?

What's your favorite song?

Who's your favorite Beatle?

Share your enjoyment for them. We can all Come Together and say Something about them.

• Brohoof 4

I LOVE the Beatles. They were the best thing to come out of the 60's. Favorite song...hmm... Lucy In the Sky with Diamonds, Yellow Submarien, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Revolution, Come Together, Maxwell's Silver Hammer. The list goes on and on. My favorite Beatle has to be Ringo or John... Come on your asking me to choose a favorite from one of the greatest bands of all time.

Wait, whats your answer to the last two questions?

(edited)

Wait, whats your answer to the last two questions?

My favorite song is Let It Be, but there are plenty others that I love a lot.

And they're all equally awesome, but Ringo is the one I like the most.

Also, I have to say that this album:

Posted Image

Is the greatest thing I've heard. So many tracks, so many elements, all mashed up in eighty minutes.

My favorite track from it has to be Strawberry Fields Forever.

Edited by DeiStar

My favorite track from it has to be Strawberry Fields Forever.

How could I have forgotten Strawberry Fields Forever, that's like an amazing song. That is a pretty awesome album as well.

Posted Image

I love the Beatles but I have no idea what my favorite song would be. Some of my "favorites" off the top of my head would be A day in the Life, Rocky Raccoon, Back in the USSR, Eight Days a Week and When I'm Sixty-Four. My favorite Beatle would have to be Lennon. I Got to see his apartment in NYC. It's a Pity what happened to him.

• Brohoof 3

Unpopular opinion here. I like the Beatles and all, they sound great. I just hate how everyone universally accepts the Beatles as the greatest band of all-time. I think that should be one's own personal opinion ya know?

• Brohoof 1

Unpopular opinion here. I like the Beatles and all, they sound great. I just hate how everyone universally accepts the Beatles as the greatest band of all-time. I think that should be one's own personal opinion ya know?

Yes, everyone has opinions.

I consider them the greatest success in music history, but that's just my opinion.

OMG wow. I never noticed that Paul is holding an English Horn on that cover. That's so awesome!!! English Horns are the best! (I fangirl over instruments, yes)

The Beatles are not my very favorite band, but they are among my top bands.

It's hard for me to come up with an favorite song, but I typically go with this one:

Whether or not you do like the Beatles, they have been considered the most influential band of all time by most big music sources, so they definitely demand some respect in that sense.

Of course, I have my favorite Beatles song, being Eleanor Rigby.

Edited by Ashbad
  • Brohoof 1

I consider them the greatest success in music history, but that's just my opinion.

Since looking up Billboard singles charts is my hobby, I know that The Beatles hold several records on the Hot 100. The big one is that The Beatles had 20 #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, the most of any artist. Over their career, The Beatles have had 34 Top 10 hits, 51 Top 40 hits, and 69 total entries on the Hot 100.

The Beatles also had an incredibly successful year on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1964. In that year, they had 30 separate songs hit the Hot 100, and of those, 19 hit the Top 40 and 11 hit the Top 10. In 1964, The Beatles had 6 #1 hits, and 2 more songs were kept from hitting #1 by other Beatles songs.

Furthermore, The Beatles held #1 and #2 for 10 consecutive weeks from February 22, 1964 to April 25, 1964, which is a record. On April 4, 1964, Beatles songs occupied the entire top five, which is a record. On April 11, 1964, Beatles songs occupied 14 positions on the Hot 100, which is a record.

(Heh heh, can you tell that I really like this singles chart stuff?)

As to whether The Beatles are "the greatest success in music history," that is debatable, depending on how you measure "success," but I won't delve into that.

Personally, I certainly like a lot of Beatles songs, including nearly all of the aforementioned Top 40 hits. I cannot make a judgment as to whether they are my favorite music artist, since I judge songs more so than artists. Similarly, I cannot make a judgment as to which Beatles song is my favorite; I like different songs and styles from across The Beatles' career for different reasons, and which ones I listen to depends more on my mood than differences in intrinsic likability.

Edited by Music Chart Fan

Since looking up Billboard singles charts is my hobby, I know that The Beatles hold several records on the Hot 100. The big one is that The Beatles had 20 #1 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, the most of any artist. Over their career, The Beatles have had 34 Top 10 hits, 51 Top 40 hits, and 69 total entries on the Hot 100.

The Beatles also had an incredibly successful year on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1964. In that year, they had 30 separate songs hit the Hot 100, and of those, 19 hit the Top 40 and 11 hit the Top 10. In 1964, The Beatles had 6 #1 hits, and 2 more songs were kept from hitting #1 by other Beatles songs.

Furthermore, The Beatles held #1 and #2 for 10 consecutive weeks from February 22, 1964 to April 25, 1964, which is a record. On April 4, 1964, Beatles songs occupied the entire top five, which is a record. On April 11, 1964, Beatles songs occupied 14 positions on the Hot 100, which is a record.

(Heh heh, can you tell that I really like this singles chart stuff?)

As to whether The Beatles are "the greatest success in music history," that is debatable, depending on how you measure "success," but I won't delve into that.

Personally, I certainly like a lot of Beatles songs, including nearly all of the aforementioned Top 40 hits. I cannot make a judgment as to whether they are my favorite music artist, since I judge songs more so than artists. Similarly, I cannot make a judgment as to which Beatles song is my favorite; I like different songs and styles from across The Beatles' career for different reasons, and which ones I listen to depends more on my mood than differences in intrinsic likability.

Well, you're very right.

They had many, many records skyrocketing the board, and staying there for several weeks.

Also, they're the best selling artists of all time. And they're still selling like hot bread.

It is really hard to just pick one favorite song, when they got a lot of amazing pieces of work. Hence why I never do "Top Beatles songs", because I can't just rank them in any order.

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to say I have heard a lot of the Beatles songs, but I haven't. But I can say I like them, and that my favorite one is either "Hey Jude" or "I Am The Walrus" (how is it that everyone forgets this one? XD). Also, favorite member would be Paul, because his voice gives me chills in songs like Hey Jude and the like. And they are not my favorite band nor they are close, but I do like them a lot.

They had many, many records skyrocketing the board, and staying there for several weeks.

Indeed, and while this had much to do with their explosive popularity, there was a unique situation at play as well. Several record labels had tried and failed previously to break Beatles singles in the U.S. market, and consequently, these several record labels had the production rights to many different Beatles singles.

When Beatlemania exploded in the U.S. and "I Want To Hold Your Hand" jumped to #1 just 3 weeks after it first charted, in all, 7 different record labels released Beatles singles in 1964, hoping to cash in on the "fad." And because people in the U.S. liked The Beatles so much, these singles were bought and played on the radio in very large quantities.

The story of The Beatles' success in 1964 is even greater when you consider that people had to be motivated enough to actually go to a record store and buy the singles. When Lil Wayne has twelve songs on the Hot 100 now, that's because people can make a few clicks and download those songs with little effort.

The Beatles are the greatest thing to happen to music in the modern era. They are, by far, my favorite band. The dynamic and level of talent is amazing. The evolution of their sound is the stuff of legend. The only musician in modern history with a greater and more positive impact on music was Louis Armstrong.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found some ponified Beatles art and just had to post it!! :D

I could honestly study this one for hours:

Posted Image

And then there's this: Posted Image

Ponies and Beatles just go together so well, don't they? Peace, love, tolerance... a match made in heaven, I think. I think John would have loved it. ^_^

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I'm not a huge Beatles fan, but I like some of their songs.

Favorite songs:

-Eleanor Rigby

-Strawberry Fields Forever

-Tomorrow Never Knows

-While My Guitar Gently Weeps

-Yesterday

-I Am the Walrus

I'm pretty obsessed. I was practically raised on the Beatles. Strawberry Fields was my lullaby. I wanted to be John Lennon as a kid (I still kind of want to be John Lennon...). I know all their songs by heart and I LOVE them! At home, my room has a portrait of John, a Sgt. Peppers blanket, a photo of the band, probably a whole bunch of other things and pretty much every book ever written about John Lennon. They are awesome. :wub: 

John is my favorite Beatle. Choosing a favorite Beatles song is difficult, but I'd have to say Eleanor Rigby. It's just the pure sound of sadness. :(  I'm not sure if I would call them my favorite band, but if they're not, then they are definitely up there. ^_^

• Brohoof 2

I have to agree, i was raised on the beatles, John Lennon has pride of place in my hall, i love them, their music and how they make me feel, more than most music today makes me feel

I find them extremely overrated. I used to be somewhat of a fan but that has died down as of recently, just listening to most of their discography. To be quite honest, I never liked any of their music after their album Beatles For Sale, when they started to dip into the LSD and focus more on psychedelic rock in 1965. I really couldn't get into any of the compositions, some of them being annoying ("I Am The Walrus"), weird ("Magical Mystery Tour"), and just downright not pleasant to listen to ("Revolution Number Nine").

I truly think that once they broke up in 1970, the members themselves bounced back with their solo careers, especially Lennon and when McCartney formed The Wings. "Imagine" and "Silly Love Songs" are among my favorite tunes, without any of the psychedelic mess that accompanies the piece, they both have memorable beats and messages.

And, again, I didn't really find the "Lennon-McCartney" writing formula to be that groundbreaking either. If anything, I think Jim Morrison, lead lyricist and singer of The Doors, was a better poet and depiction with his music, but again, my own personal opinion.