The Worst Scootaloo Pencil Drawing Ever

Shiki

I found this in a binder from last school year, so it's pretty old and beat up. I touched it up a little bit, made the eyes a bit better, but still, it looks pretty horrible. So bland. So... boring... It's just... no.

But anyway, here it is.

Sorry for that quality of a picture. Had to use my iPod to take the picture. More apologies, though, for not making it something amazingly amazing. There's a lot of problems with it her line work...

Edited by Sugar Plum
  • Brohoof 13

755cde9892.png

You'll be entranced by me ♥

That's actually pretty good, I've seen far worse. Keep practicing and maybe you can become one of the big names in fanart.

• Brohoof 2

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

I found this in a binder from last school year, so it's pretty old and beat up. I touched it up a little bit, made the eyes a bit better, but still, it looks pretty horrible. So bland. So... boring... It's just... no.

*looks at picture*

*smacks Sugar Plum*

If you call it terrible again, you'll have a bone to pick with me. I personally like it quite a bit - especially the tail, even if its on an iPod camera quality.

• Brohoof 1

post-493-0-60588000-1357490407.png

Also the fact that you got the line-work so smooth and even is amazing, I've seen professionals that can't do that.

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

Well It certainly looks better than my scootaloo pencil drawing (you dont want to see it) so it is most deffinately not the worst.

Edited by Dasher

I think its pretty good the body is a bit too big but the eyes are amazing and itextremely cute. 7/10

"Even If I were free, would anyone love me?"

Vulpes

Wat. As a budding artist myself, I think it's great! Although if you want criticism, if that line between the second and what I presume is the fourth leg is supposed to be the third leg, it's a bit too big, but other than that it's great! :)

sig-592.Rx6YS0O.jpg

*Posts thread, then goes to start making dinner*

*Comes back in approximately 25 or so minutes to check if I got a response*

12 notifications. Wat.

Quit showin' off, this is really good! :) I especially love the eyes, got any tips on how you made them?

I started off by very lightly making the shape of the highlights. So lightly drawn that you could barely see them. Then I went and gestured the pupil as best I could. Then I made another circle, which was the outer edge of the iris. Then I very lightly shaded in the circle of the iris in a downwards direction. Then I went over that shading again, a tiny bit harder, and not as far. Then again, went over it a bit harder, but not as far. Did that like... 20 or so times. Then I just went and erased some of the lines that were a bit too dark to match the white of the bottom of the iris, and of course filled in the pupils. The gestured highlights disappeared on their own, but I had to go back and do more shading of the iris, because I erased too much of that line that I used to gesture where the iris begins/ends.

This was incredibly hard to word, because I just kind of did it. I didn't really think all that much about it while I doing it.

• Brohoof 1

755cde9892.png

*Posts thread, then goes to start making dinner*

*Comes back in approximately 25 or so minutes to check if I got a response*

12 notifications. Wat.

I started off by very lightly making the shape of the highlights. So lightly drawn that you could barely see them. Then I went and gestured the pupil as best I could. Then I made another circle, which was the outer edge of the iris. Then I very lightly shaded in the circle of the iris in a downwards direction. Then I went over that shading again, a tiny bit harder, and not as far. Then again, went over it a bit harder, but not as far. Did that like... 20 or so times. Then I just went and erased some of the lines that were a bit too dark to match the white of the bottom of the iris, and of course filled in the pupils. The gestured highlights disappeared on their own, but I had to go back and do more shading of the iris, because I erased too much of that line that I used to gesture where the iris begins/ends.

This was incredibly hard to word, because I just kind of did it. I didn't really think all that much about it while I doing it.

Thanks! And how long exactly did it take you to draw this? It would take me about two or three days to draw something like that. Edited by Big Macintosh

BigMacRush.jpg

Thanks! And how long exactly did it take you to draw this? It would take me about two or three days to draw something like that.

Well, I usually only draw during school (I'm such a good student), so it's kind of hard to say an exact time. It took me four days, but the time was broken up into a lot of tiny little pieces. 20 minutes in English, usually, all 42 in Pre-Calculus, and sometimes 10 or so in Chemistry, so, I'll round it up to, say, 4.5 hours.

755cde9892.png

That was really well drawn, I mean it isn't scratchy at all and it's very smooth. The only thing you might worry about is the size of the lags and eyes.

RarityFlowers.png
Avatar made by Krystal and signature made by ~Chaotic Discord~.
My OCs: Cherry Blossom, Octavinyl, and Apple Mint.
"It's not about how smart you are, but how thick your heart is." - Cherry Blossom.

Did I read the title right? 'Worst Scootaloo pencil drawing ever' You kidding me?! This is actually very good, You've done a great job on this! :D Don't be so hard on yourself.

signaaaaaa.png

Trust me, if you say this is bad I'm going to have to tear off your drawing hand. Anyway everything is up to par with the show and you have excellent form. Its the eyes, they creep me out. It's like she is staring into your soul *jitters*.

Derpy is best Pony and Commador Is best Cyborg Pony

2rftqi8.jpg