Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music The drums and drumming thread

Brook

Hello everyone! I am a drummer personally, and I wanted to start a thread on drumming!

Now, what I'm really looking for here is either personal experiences that have something to do with drumming, or note sheets for songs that you would like to share. Also drumming videos that you like would be cool.

So, hit me with your best drumming, drum set, or drumming video, DRUMMING, DRUMMING, DRUMMING!

I own a Gretsch kit dated from around the early 1960's, and I've been playing on it for about 4 years now. It's still in great condition considering it's getting close to 50 years old (if it's not there already, we don't know the exact date). I had been taking lessons for about 4 years too, but I stopped just recently (I couldn't stand my teacher, and I just go tired of going every week tbh. I still enjoy playing though, don't get me wrong)

I'm also in my school's drumline, playing quads (tenors) this year

Do you play only on set, OP? Or do you do marching stuff too

My dad is a drummer in a band. Not a big band, just him and a couple of guys who play 80's and 90's songs at bars and charity stuff. Just thought I would mention that.

Do you play only on set, OP? Or do you do marching stuff too

lol you called me op :3

yes, I've been a drummer for about two years now, I don't really know what "type" of set I have, it's a basic rock set I think. And no, fuck marching.

And no, fuck marching.

But... Now, I'm sad... My whole life is marching... And I thought we were gonna be good friends... :( Oh, yeah, my OC (avi-wise) here is a drummer.

But... Now, I'm sad... My whole life is marching... And I thought we were gonna be good friends... :( Oh, yeah, my OC (avi-wise) here is a drummer.

Sorry bro, marching isn't my thing :

I prefer sitting on my ass, and rocking the fuck out, not walking around making constent noise. And hey! my OC is also a drummer! :D

• Brohoof 1

Sorry bro, marching isn't my thing :

I prefer sitting on my ass, and rocking the fuck out, not walking around making constent noise. And hey! my OC is also a drummer! :D

Usually, I would go off on someone who says that marching band is just walking around on the field, but I'm in a good mood, so I won't go to that. Believe it or not, this actually builds stamina.

I got nothing but a little old basic set. I plan to get a name brand when I can actually save up the money. I took lessons for about a year or so, but eventually just stopped going. I sorta still play, but xbox and computer get in the way quite a lot lol. As odd as it is, even though I don't play that much you will either hear me making beats with my mouth in my style of drumming or see me tapping on everything. A lot. It varies between a set style and a marching band style.

I also wanted to try for marching band doing snare, but sadly didn't make it to band camp to learn the pieces :( I got stuck in pit for the year lol. Though, I did play set for jazz band.

• Brohoof 1

I am a student drummer, but it's not really my thing. When i was little, i had the idea that becoming a drummer would be an easy way to make money. Now that i'm older, i regret ever saying that.

Drumming is hard and requires a lot of devotion and passion that i don't have.

I can play though. I'm at a low grade 3 level (by the UK's standards) so i can perform basic beats and even add my own twists. I'm not really skilled though.

Also, i have a tad of stage fright, so performing in front of an audience can be really nerve-racking for me

lol you called me op :3

yes, I've been a drummer for about two years now, I don't really know what "type" of set I have, it's a basic rock set I think. And no, fuck marching.

Because you're the OP...?

A lot of people in our marching band say the same thing... I enjoy marching in Mardi Gras parades, but some think it's a pain in the ass. More of an acquired taste, I guess

As odd as it is, even though I don't play that much you will either hear me making beats with my mouth in my style of drumming or see me tapping on everything. A lot. It varies between a set style and a marching band style.

I also have a bad habit of constantly drumming on things with my hands/pencils/anything that resembles a drumstick. It really gets on people's nerves sometimes

And I forgot to mention that I also play set for Jazz band. Fun stuff