Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony problem

Gabranth_is_king99

Just began watching the show last week and I came across a number of problems. First off I'm okay with the show and all but I do not like the songs that happen during the episode I just skip them, Second off when I hear a hater talking bad about it I don't feel it's necessary to defend MLP (I hope I don't get hate replies for this). Lastly the mod game Pony Fantasy VI I feel like it makes a mockery of the Final Fantasy series (being a huge Final Fantasy fan hence my screen name) don't get me wrong the shows good but I just feel like its the effect of being new to the show and all

I used to hate the songs, then I took a pony to the brain.

It's perfectly fine not to like the songs. If you do decide to listen to them, pay attention because they further the emotions of characters in the episode and they can be really creative.

It's NOT necessary to defend the show against haters. Youtube bronies may be the most annoying people on the internet. They over-react to everything, and defend it with same point. One of my hobbies is trolling bronies because they are way too defensive of everything.

I haven't played Pony Fantasy, so I don't really have an opinion.

• Brohoof 8

it I don't feel it's necessary to defend MLP (I hope I don't get hate replies for this).

and its a good idea to just ignore it outright because sometimes responding to any haters may not turn out well unless you know them very well :)

One does not simply hate the songs.

You will like them later. (Or else >:0)

I think it is because you are quite new to the whole thing actually. When you've been a brony for like.. A long time (I've been a brony since last December) you will um.. I dont know, like it more and stuff.

..Uh this was hard to explain

• Brohoof 2

Lastly the mod game Pony Fantasy VI I feel like it makes a mockery of the Final Fantasy series (being a huge Final Fantasy fan hence my screen name) don't get me wrong the shows good but I just feel like its the effect of being new to the show and all

I don't like modes like this at all, especially then it's changing game you love, it't really kinda mockery for me.

First off I'm okay with the show and all but I do not like the songs that happen during the episode I just skip them

It's not a good idea to skip them, because they adds a lot to image of characters, but if you dont like them it couldnt be helped I think.

Youtube bronies may be the most annoying people on the internet. They over-react to everything, and defend it with same point.

I was stone beaten just because I've said that I dont like the song and it could be done better :) But I have "Troll" in my nickname.
  • Brohoof 1

Traditionally being a metalhead/prog rocker, the songs took time to grow on me, but in the end I really enjoy them, and can see how well Daniel Ingram wrote the songs. It also allowed me to maybe gain more momentum to listen to the mostly electronic music performed by brony artists.

Defending My Little Pony cannot always be done anyway, I have a friend who says "It's girly", and thats his unmovable opinion, and I do not wish to change it.

Edited by Carbon

I can agree on not liking the songs. I don't hate them, but they're not something I listen to all the time. Actually I think the lyrics can be kinda cheesy at times but I listen to them anyway. That way I might hear a remix of it and recognize where it came from! :) Now about the Final Fantasy thing, to each his own. Nobody ever said you had to like it lol

And I don't get too involved with YouTubers too often for 3 important reasons

1. Too many haters who use the Royal Canterlot Voice way too often. They hardly know the mechanics of the English language anyway, and anyone on the opposing side will base their own argument solely on the simple fact that the other person is a complete failure at his/her own native language

2. YouTube bronies overreact on a ridiculous scale. I mean, you can say something to the effect of "I gave this show a shot and I can honestly say that I'm not a big fan of it. I came with an open mind and it was just sub par for me" and YT bronies will respond "Why are you hating on MLP??" and then give you the same reasons that EVERYONE else on YT will give you. It's a well drawn show with good voice acting...blah blah blah, we all know this.

3. It's YouTube. Everybody is looking to talk crap to each other on there anyway. I mean, people will just go on there and start firestorms for the attention.

Edited by ThatOneBrony

don't worry the theme song will grow on you in time i use to hate it but now it one of my favorite songs from the show just under the art of the dress and smile smile smile.

its ok if you don't feel the need to defend the show actually i find that to be a good thing because most bronie who have that kind of defense mechanism tend to attack people for the slightest negative comment i.e. My Littel Dashie is overrated and not that sad everyone is entiteld to the own opinion

as for the Final Fantasy mod... i haven't cared for the series since 7 so i wouldn't rely be bothered but since your a fan of FF just ignore it because its fan made

also since you new here

WELCOME!!!! throws confetti

The songs are one of the best parts!! :[ Most of them do sound a bit childish and you can easily hear it's "something from a TV show" rather than the music you'd hear on radio, but it still sounds good. And, as mentioned, it adds to the characters.

As for reacting to hate, it's stupid. Few people actually hate bronies legitimately, usually they just bandwagon since bronies on Youtube tend to get butthurt when people criticize MLP. Just ignore it.

I was the same way when I first started watching the show, I didn't listen to the songs and I never really defended the show, But now I love the songs, and I still dont defend the show because if they want to hate let them hate because its not gonna change how I look at the show so its just pointless for them to hate they are wasting their time.

And I have never played any brony games so I dont know about that.

honestly I can't imagine anyone not listening to the songs, as in several cases they are actually a part of the story, (Flim Flam anyone?) I CAN understand them possibly not being to everyone's liking though, except the smile song, if you can hate that you have no soul.

As for defending MLP to haters, Don't bother, you will only confirm in their mind what they already think they know about the show and the people who watch it.

Edited by Page Turner

I used to hate all of the songs as well. You don't have to like them if you don't want to.

You don't have to defend it at all. In fact, it might be better if you left the haters alone and not start anything.

And its perfectly fine to feel like it messes up or soils the name, especially since you're a fan of Final Fantasy.

It also isn't cause your new to the herd, everyone is different and some defend it like a religion and some don't care enough to defend it at all.

I don't quite see any problems here.

It's perfectly fine not to like the songs... It's actually better if you leave them (haters if you prefer to call them that) alone... I'm not going to say it's because your a new member, because I think it's not...

Man, I used to feel REALLY uncomfortable listening to the theme song. It's the starting part, "My Little Pony! My Little Pony! Aaaaaaaaah." But, as you grow more and more attached to the show, your fondness for the theme song should rise. Now I can't help but sing along to it XD

I don't see what's wrong with not defending the show. You don't really have to be always looking out for the show's integrity in order to be a good brony. Like for example, if someone claimed Breaking Bad was a terrible show, I'm not always going to provide some sort of rebuttal, as respecting other's opinions can value higher than defending your own.

As to not liking the songs, they can take time to grow on you. I know some of the songs were like that for me, and I eventually loved them all. Originally, when I watching season 1 for the first time, I in fact dreaded the songs, but I soon learned to love and appreciate them.

~~

I get hating the songs. A lot of people can't stand watching Disney movies or broadway musicals, it just seems that a lot of bronies aren't in that group and love music. I'm in the group that LOVES musicals and see the songs as one of the best parts. Listening to Winter Wrap Up made me a brony.That said, I wouldn't skip the songs on the first watching. You don't know until you try. I was really "meh" about Smile when it was leaked but once I saw it paired with animation I liked the song so much more.

I hate when bronies make such a big deal about haters and feel the need to defend themselves every single time someone says, "lol this is gay" or "isn't this for little girls men shouldn't be watching this." Of course, those haters usually are trolls, and you're just feeding them by responding. If someone is just stating they're opinion like "Oh yeah, this show is fine, but it's kind of overrated. Pinkie is annoying, the animation isn't impressive and it's too girly for me" you shouldn't attack them for stating their opinion. I literally roll my eyes whenever I see a brony trying to defend the show to trolls on Youtube comments.

I can't say anything about Pony Fantasy VI, as I don't follow that project.

Edited by Rarietty

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

NOT A TRUE BRONY GET OOOOOOUT!

And that's what I'd say if I weren't as open-minded as I am.

Bro, it's okay to not like certain parts of the show. In fact I dislike a fair amount of the songs (Love Is In Bloom and This Day Aria being the only exceptions). And there is really is no reason to try to get haters to watch the show, you're right. As for the Pony Fantasy game, I have nothing to say since I'm not really a Final Fantasy fan...

yeah.

Also Imma talk in blue when I'm serious from now on. :3

Personally i think the song eventually grow on you as it did to me because i love the 'Love is in Bloom* song of course theres song i think are annoying but i still see them as (troll tools)

Secondly i agree its best not to get into an argument with an hater because 1: Hes probably just trolling 2. Haters gonna hate and you cant stop em all.

Lastly the mod game Pony Fantasy VI I feel like it makes a mockery of the Final Fantasy series (being a huge Final Fantasy fan hence my screen name) don't get me wrong the shows good but I just feel like its the effect of being new to the show and all

Well that's your opinion and that's fine but i for one love the mod game Pony Fantasy VI i wouldn't call it a mockery of the series since its just all fun and games. (quite literally)

I was the same way, but you'll soon love the songs... everyone does at somepoint, and is it just me, or was this day aria the most clever song that had a way of flowing from pony to pony, and transitional words out of any song ever?