Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why can most colt's, Fillies, and Foals Fly, and Scootaloo can't?

AppleTreeBrony

I mean seriously! Ok i know she lives in Ponyville, But there would be many pegasi willing to teach her, Even Rainbow Dash? The other thing that gets me is this guy.

Posted Image

First, Look at his wings! GODAMNIT there small, How he even flies, is just breaking the laws of physics!

Second, He can fly. His wings are the tiniest on a Stallion, Yet he can fly and Scootaloo can't? That's unfair! T___T

So, Why can't scootaloo fly? Post your opinions below!

Edited by Scootabelle
  • Brohoof 1

I mean seriously! Ok i know she lives in Ponyville, But there would be many pegasi willing to teach her, Even Rainbow Dash? The other thing that gets me is this guy.

Posted Image

First, Look at his wings! GODAMNIT there small, How he even flies, is just breaking the laws of physics!

Second, He can fly. His wings are the tiniest on a Stallion, Yet he can fly and Scootaloo can't? That's unfair! T___T

So, Why can't scootaloo fly? Post your opinions below!

science mathematically proves that a bumble shouldn't be able to fly, and yet it does? So why can't he?

but as for chicken scootaloo, i'm not sure, she can obviously go really fast because of the wings on the scooter, get extra jump and even hover half off the ground (the other half is in a puddle) i don't know why she can't.)

A: Plot device

B: Physically incapable for whatever reason

C: She's a very late developer, similar to how kids learn to talk at different ages, some a lot later than others

Could be any of these.

• Brohoof 1

A: Plot device

B: Physically incapable for whatever reason

C: She's a very late developer, similar to how kids learn to talk at different ages, some a lot later than others

Could be any of these.

Also in regards to that giant muscular pony's wings, there are a variety of factors concerning physics that really throw the matter up in the air.

But most importantly, it's not the size that matters, its how you use them that counts.

science mathematically proves that a bumble shouldn't be able to fly, and yet it does? So why can't he?

Bumble Pony anyone?

Posted Image

Hey don't judge, I'm not the best image editor. Anyone who want's to re-do it, there welcome to.

Fillerdelphia!

• Brohoof 2

I have to agree with Moshi, Scootaloo is in fact a chicken and everypony knows that they can't fly.

Poor Scoots.. I feel bad for her disability.

chickenitosis really sucks, i should know all about it... my mother had chickenitosis and well umm.... :l We don't talk about it much

So is consensus that it is a physical ailment (Something is wrong with the wings so she doesnt get enough push or the push is wrong messing flight up) or that it is a magical aliment (The wings are just fine, it is just that her magic is not focused at her wings -- kind of like how fluttershy's magic is not focused on her wings making her fly not as well)?

Ok, the reason I asked for consensus as to whether scootaloo's problem was physical or magical actually has to do with possibilities in my fanfic. *IF* scootaloo's problem is a physical one then there would be little that Silvadel could do about it. BUT If it were a magical problem then helping out little scootaloo would be something that could be within her powers(even if it might take months of work -- and getting scootaloo to sit still for 60-90 minutes at a time would be quite the chore).

I have wondered about this one before -- I mean it could very well just be the wings themselves physically (maybe they dont point correctly -- they certainly seem to have enough thrust)

Well, I originally was going to post that her wings were too small to sustain her body weight, but look at muscle pony! It could either be a disability or she could just be a late learner.

Also, about the cutie marks, I'm sure that they will get them nearer the *Sigh* end of the show, but until the end, they probably won't get them, as the Cutie Mark Crusaders trying to acquire their cutie marks is a good plot device.

Actually I would think it would be more likely that the CMC would get their marks in a movie after the series ended. I really hope they do several movies after the official close of production. Thing is they wouldnt need the plot device in the movie phase of the series.

• Brohoof 1

I believe Lauren Faust originally wanted Scoots to be disabled, that being the reason why she can't fly.

Though I don't think Hasbro let her go through with it, and now I don't know what the reason is.

Until I see Scoots fly, she's physically disabled in my headcanon.

It's been confirmed that Scoutaloo carries the burden of being crippled.

That, and the fact that chickens don't fly. You know?

Well it hasn't actually been "confirmed." Lauren Faust has said that she was entertaining the idea, but one, she never said she committed to the idea (at least not to my knowledge) and two, regardless of what she says the only way it would be canon is if its in the show.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm.... then perhaps she is crippled, but it's kind of an unspoken thing. Maybe she's sensitive about it... How would they bring something like that up in an episode.

Applebloom: Hay Scootaloo... Whaaay aint you able to flaay like all the other pegasus ponehs

Scootaloo: *sniff* *sniff* *cry* :'(

Meh, either that she will learn later in the show, or that she couldn't fly in the first place. I hope it's the former since in Ponyville Confidential, Diamond Tiara made fun of Scootaloo's wings, and if it's the latter, that's just awfully cruel.