Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ask any pony on a date!

My little pwny

“I know you did it out of kindness. Just…. try not to do it while you’re within tribal boundaries. It would not be a good end for you…” She takes a moment, and then leads on.

As the two walked out of the town proper and near the border Steel found himself enraptured again by the concept.

"Why is that? I mean I won't, it's not polite to touch a lady anyway, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it. There's so much that I would like to learn about you . . ."

"Ok, well... It happened when I was just a little colt... Something attacked my family out of the Everfree... killed my brother and injured me, but my father was able to destroy it... Though, not entirely. The spirit lingered, so he sealed it in my eye, which had been sliced, and made this patch..." He motioned to it. "To make sure I could keep whatever it was in control..."

"Ok, well... It happened when I was just a little colt... Something attacked my family out of the Everfree... killed my brother and injured me, but my father was able to destroy it... Though, not entirely. The spirit lingered, so he sealed it in my eye, which had been sliced, and made this patch..." He motioned to it. "To make sure I could keep whatever it was in control..."

Freeze followed Pinkie and Twilight into a dimmed room. The movie was about to start. They all took their seats with Freeze in the middle of the two.

A "rated G" sign appeared on the screen. It was followed with a blank screen. "Since the dawn of time, we had always assumed that we were alone. But then one day, Ms. Lyra Heartstrings came along. She was destined to prove us wrong." The screen flashed multiple clips from the movie it was previewing. "This Hearth's Warming Eve, follow the journey of one mare as she tries to prove that humans are more than just a myth in... ANTHROPOLOGY." The word zoomed onto the screen. It was followed by a few preview credits.

The screen was next brightened by a "this motion picture is rated PG" sign. The movie was beginning.

"Well, that was fast, huh?" Freeze chuckled. He got a few shushes from the other moviegoers.

----

One movie later...

"Wow, that was pretty great!" Freeze noted as the three of them walked out of the theater. "What did you think, Twilight?"

Edited by Ludicrous.Speed

@NightWing

Oh, sorry. *chuckles* I get a bit distracted. Thanks. *trots inside hall, swipes a pistol from you* *trots over to har* Uhm... Twilight? Can I please have some of your attention at this moment? Lord Scilight Science Paitanibu, the second at your service.

She waves you off, “Nope. I brought some apples. This all’s fer you guys.” She smiles at you openly, nudging her brother.

Veiled Spike replies to Applejack, "Awesome! Thank you kindly." After Veiled Spike finishes the sandwiches for Big Mac and herself, she sets them out on the blanket and said, "Alright, the sandwiches are done. I usually like the lettuce and bologna on my sandwich since they go great together for a sandwich. So, Big Mac, are you and Applejack looking forward to Heart and Hooves Day?"

Comet Tail, on 18 Aug 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

(Galaxy? Some outside? I'm just going assume you meant solar system )

My face lights up at her first words, my ears perk and eyebrows raise, and by the time she mouths her first question mark, I'm leaning in with my forelegs spread like a puppy ready to pounce. "I can?! You'll let me? The planets!? This will be fantastic!"

I listen with my attention rapt to every word she says as my hooves carry me up the stairs after her. A magic-boost? Oooh,

Magic has always been a funny thing for me. I'm in love with the concept and many of the ideas, but I just don't find it intuitive like the non-arcane sciences. It's always been something I've meant to delve into more but have never really been sure how to proceed. As for my own magic skills; its a lot like my physical health; I'm always meaning to exercise more but I never seem to get around to it. The thought flashes through my mind; I wonder how much she knows about magic. I wonder if she could help me with my own magical abilities! A quick twinge of excitement shoots through my hooves at the thought of learning to teleport or even self-levitate! Long time, but hard-to-reach dreams of mine, second only to the dream of being able to magically create parts and inventions!

But her next words throw those thoughts to the side. "Recently?" I ask, "You mean there's something that's been going on on the moon recently!? That's insane!" I gasp as a twinge of urgency and a current of excitement take my voice, "Is it related to Nightmare - I mean - Luna's recent return, maybe, and the Mare in the Moon vanishing? Water ice deposits maybe exposed and evaporating by the vanishing craters? Something... Magical? Something else that was on the moon along with Night-Luna?!"

“There’s a conspiracy theory that the rebellion was just a staged event to send Luna covertly to the moon. I don’t put much stock on it. Besides, the anomaly never moves. It stays in the same position on the moon no matter what. I think it’s a building of some sort.”

My eyebrows perk at the mention of the conspiracy theory, but the idea of it being a building quickly takes the spotlight of my mind. "A building? On the moon? Why is this the first time anypony's noticed it? Who's been on the moon? I mean, after that whole Nightmare Moon incident I read up on that, and I'm pretty sure Luna's soul was sealed into the moon, rather than her actually being on its surface. Nopony's ever actually been on the moon, right? Oh, except Star Swirl used to travel with mirrors or something like that - is it possible he built that there?" As I speak, I walk towards the telescope and stop at a respectful "May I look?" distance away.

Rainbow Dash says, “Run in, get the butterflies, kick some flank, get out.” She then jumps to execute. Fluttershy stands awkwardly at the edge, looking down, then looks up worriedly at the balloon.

DJ is completely startled by the lack of detail in that plan. He knows that Rainbow Dash isn't, as far as he knows, well known for her quick thinking, but he was hoping for more detail to go off on. (hint hint)

DJ then looks to Fluttershy and remembers that she isn't the best of fliers and has a fear of heights. She probably took a balloon or something to get up to Cloudsdale. He moves closer to Fluttershy and says, "Are you going to be alright? I know you don't like high places, or really flying fast in general, but think of those butterflies. They need us. They need you."

And with that said and after listening to Fluttershy's response, he tries to catch up with Rainbow Dash after she says something to us. (again, hint hint)

Edited by DJ Shy-3

*Is Orion Version 25*((if you want I'll PM a picture of him))* "Octavia, would you like to go out and play music with me sometime? I'm a violinist and would love to play with you sometime" *smiles at you cutely as my heart was racing on the inside. My mind wondering what she was gonna say or if she'd say yes*

Edited by Ceilin' Cat

Steelhide looks warily at the cards, but takes a seat across from Dusk. He wasn't sure what cards had to do with going on night patrol, but he shrugged mentally, it wasn't his place to question. However, he could still be curious and wary. "What are these for?" Steelhide asked curiously.

"Lots of things. Today, learning about you. Tomorrow, maybe poker." He spreads the cards out in front of him. "All I want you to do is pick a card and take it. But please, don't look at it. I mean this not to tempt you; nothing really spectacular happens. It just kinda disrupts the magic a bit." You notice some glowing, silvery runes on the cards. "It's drawing very small amounts of energy from both of us. If you stared at a card for maybe... an Eon, you might notice a bit of fatigue. Anywho, after you." He gestures to the cards.

Beta proudly said, "yes" and tasted the cupcake batter. When he put it in his mouth, it suddenly felt like his mouth had a party going on and it was awesome. After being lost in the deliciousness for a few seconds, he came back to reality and said, "Wow Pinkie, that was the best thing I have ever tasted in my whole life!"

"Really? You didn't think it was too much sugar?" She gasps happily, "Then you'll be amazed to try the actual cupcakes!" She takes out the pink-looking cupcakes and begins to frost them with her own cutie mark, now very very proud of herself. "I wonder what I'll call them... Fizzy Surprise, or Party Pony Perfection Confections..."

As the two walked out of the town proper and near the border Steel found himself enraptured again by the concept.

"Why is that? I mean I won't, it's not polite to touch a lady anyway, I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind it. There's so much that I would like to learn about you . . ."

"Well, it's tradition for someone in the tribe to signify a challenge through a sort of tag-like motion. But it's slowly evolved into any contact without permission. And standard challenge practice is... well, we have thick skulls and horns for a purpose. I'm sure you can imagine." She looks slightly embarrassed, "Not to far now; a mile or two." Regardless of the distance, she carried her multiple bags with easy. Some of it's content shifted heavily inside the bags, yet she seemed to act like it was no big deal. She must be strong, although she is a buffalo. The narrator is realizing how redundant he sounds right now. Sorry.

She sipped her shake and looked at you sadly. Suddenly, your surrounded by pink fluff, and you realize she tried to hug you and miss-judged the distance. Now the pink seemed to be moving in circle, and you hear quizzical noises. Interesting, they seem to reverberate around you. Either way, she's probably looking for you.

Freeze followed Pinkie and Twilight into a dimmed room. The movie was about to start. They all took their seats with Freeze in the middle of the two.

A "rated G" sign appeared on the screen. It was followed with a blank screen. "Since the dawn of time, we had always assumed that we were alone. But then one day, Ms. Lyra Heartstrings came along. She was destined to prove us wrong." The screen flashed multiple clips from the movie it was previewing. "This Hearth's Warming Eve, follow the journey of one mare as she tries to prove that humans are more than just a myth in... ANTHROPOLOGY." The word zoomed onto the screen. It was followed by a few preview credits.

The screen was next brightened by a "this motion picture is rated PG" sign. The movie was beginning.

"Well, that was fast, huh?" Freeze chuckled. He got a few shushes from the other moviegoers.

----

One movie later...

"Wow, that was pretty great!" Freeze noted as the three of them walked out of the theater. "What did you think, Twilight?"

Twilight frowned, having pulled out her book on Starswirled, "I'm actually a little disappointed. The made his outfit purple instead of blue, they focused really hard on his time magic when some of his greatest achievements were actually in physics, and he didn't have a love interest. At least, his diary never mentioned anything about it." Now the diary was rotating around him.

"Twilight, they had to try to appeal to a large audience..."

"I know, but I wish they'd done more research. Especially since it was sponsored by Celestia..."

Pinkie shrugs at you, "Sorry Twi. Hey, there's going to be a cupcake eating party at Sugar Cube Corner in a couple hours. Spread the word." She gives you a knowing look and pats your shoulder, before disappearing. Literally.

@NightWing

Oh, sorry. *chuckles* I get a bit distracted. Thanks. *trots inside hall, swipes a pistol from you* *trots over to har* Uhm... Twilight? Can I please have some of your attention at this moment? Lord Scilight Science Paitanibu, the second at your service.

"Oh, ummm, sure." The other five thrones went back to what they were doing. They don't notice your swiped gun, probably because the guard did and took it back. "What can I do for you?" She smiles invitingly at you, even though the title threw her off a bit. Most dignitaries prefered Celestia.

Veiled Spike replies to Applejack, "Awesome! Thank you kindly." After Veiled Spike finishes the sandwiches for Big Mac and herself, she sets them out on the blanket and said, "Alright, the sandwiches are done. I usually like the lettuce and bologna on my sandwich since they go great together for a sandwich. So, Big Mac, are you and Applejack looking forward to Heart and Hooves Day?"

"Nope." He shakes his head.

"We norm'lly don't have anypony. It typically ends up with us three and Rainbow hanging out around the farm."

Big Mac shakes his head yes, then looks at you for a bit. "Maybe." He blushes and looks down, "A little..." Applejack pats his back and winks at you.

My eyebrows perk at the mention of the conspiracy theory, but the idea of it being a building quickly takes the spotlight of my mind. "A building? On the moon? Why is this the first time anypony's noticed it? Who's been on the moon? I mean, after that whole Nightmare Moon incident I read up on that, and I'm pretty sure Luna's soul was sealed into the moon, rather than her actually being on its surface. Nopony's ever actually been on the moon, right? Oh, except Star Swirl used to travel with mirrors or something like that - is it possible he built that there?" As I speak, I walk towards the telescope and stop at a respectful "May I look?" distance away.

She steps away from the telescope, "It is very possible Nightmare Moon built it. Lunar banishment at the time was only for magic users, specifically so that they could be sent to the moon. The magic required to teleport back would be too great while having to conjure their own oxygen. However, this building is about as big as an outhouse. Unless it's a doorway of some sort, or a portal stone, I doubt that Nightmare Moon would have use for it."

DJ is completely startled by the lack of detail in that plan. He knows that Rainbow Dash isn't, as far as he knows, well known for her quick thinking, but he was hoping for more detail to go off on. (hint hint)

DJ then looks to Fluttershy and remembers that she isn't the best of fliers and has a fear of heights. She probably took a balloon or something to get up to Cloudsdale. He moves closer to Fluttershy and says, "Are you going to be alright? I know you don't like high places, or really flying fast in general, but think of those butterflies. They need us. They need you."

And with that said and after listening to Fluttershy's response, he tries to catch up with Rainbow Dash after she says something to us. (again, hint hint)

(Use yer own creativity. Yer the 'ero here, not Dash.)

Fluttershy nods, and closes her eyes, before jumping. She actually takes off at a nice pace. As long as she doesn't open her eyes, she can probably imagine she's some place else. Unfortunately, that's not very safe. And the balloons are moving out of her trajectory. Dash is already about half way there. This could go very, very badly.

"Nope." He shakes his head.   "We norm'lly don't have anypony. It typically ends up with us three and Rainbow hanging out around the farm."   Big Mac shakes his head yes, then looks at you for a bit. "Maybe." He blushes and looks down, "A little..." Applejack pats his back and winks at you.

Veiled Spike  replies with a thoughtful statement, "Well, I think that Heart and Hooves day should be about loving everypony for who they are, and it's not just about the romance between two ponies type of thing. To be honest with you, I always love my friends for their support, I love you, Big Mac for accepting to spend time with me, and I also love you, Applejack, for attending the wonderful picnic as well. I think everypony would be nicer if Heart and Hooves day is about gaining a newer appreciation with families and friends. They'll be a lot closer that way." 

"Really? You didn't think it was too much sugar?" She gasps happily, "Then you'll be amazed to try the actual cupcakes!" She takes out the pink-looking cupcakes and begins to frost them with her own cutie mark, now very very proud of herself. "I wonder what I'll call them... Fizzy Surprise, or Party Pony Perfection Confections..."
Beta Ray thinks it over for a second. He then finally comes to a conclusion, "I know what which would be great. Fizzy Surpise. It's short and sweet and rolls right off the tongue." He then gets another great idea. "Say, do you want me to help you cook? I'm an average cook at best, but I still wouldn't mind getting some practice in it?"

@NightWing

"I was just wanting to ask you would visit me at my observatory later today. I have the same intellectual and scholarly fascinations like you, and I am more ... erm... science directed. Plus, my observatory is very functional, and can see well past our solar system. Also, I thought this would be fun for the both of us..." Scilight said this while fidgeting and blushing. He always kind of liked her, even though he is the pony of science, and she is of magic. HE awaits her response...

"Octavia, would you like to go out and play music with me sometime? I'm a violinist and would love to play with you sometime" *smiles at you cutely as my heart was racing on the inside. My mind wondering what she was gonna say or if she'd say yes* ((Only ten more letters required..))

"Uh... where did she go?" Freeze asked the purple alicorn next to him. "I mean, I've heard she pops in at times, but this is ridiculous!" He laughed but suddenly stopped as he realized how stupid that joke was. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that, Twilight. I guess I'm not the best comedian. Anyways, before we forget, we should probably tell somepony to spread the word about that party today. Huh... Hey, look! It's Vinyl! Hey, Vinyl!" He motioned for a light blue-maned mare to get near.

Once Vinyl was next to the two, Freeze explained the cupcake party. "Could you please spread the word?"

"Um... Hey, Fluff... I think I'm stuffed into your fur again." He took a few steps around. "Heh, and it seems... It seems that I'm lost in here now." He started to laugh a little bit, the entire situation seeming funny to him. "Do you think that you could stay still a little while while I find my way out?" He started moving in one direction.

"Well, it's tradition for someone in the tribe to signify a challenge through a sort of tag-like motion. But it's slowly evolved into any contact without permission. And standard challenge practice is... well, we have thick skulls and horns for a purpose. I'm sure you can imagine." She looks slightly embarrassed, "Not to far now; a mile or two." Regardless of the distance, she carried her multiple bags with easy. Some of it's content shifted heavily inside the bags, yet she seemed to act like it was no big deal. She must be strong, although she is a buffalo.

"I see. Interesting." Steel remarked as they grew ever closer to Strongheart's home. "Actually, what do you do Ms. Strongheart? For ponies, we often have different jobs or functions. Pegasi like me control the weather for instance. I would imagine for a nomadic people, everyone in the tribe must pull their weight. Do you have any such responsibilities?"

"I hope I won't have to play poker, I have a terrible pokerface." Steelhide chuckles. He looked a bit doubtful when Dusk explained what the cards were for today though. He took a card anyway though. Steelhide thought the best way to learn about another pony was to see how they acted in battle or any other dangerous situation.

Steelhide kept the card facedown. He was curious which card he had drawn and a part of him wanted to flip it over and look, but his discipline kept him in check. He was told not to look at it so he would not look. He did however wonder what this had to do with defending the kingdom. Surely their time would be better spent patrolling the roads in search of dangerous enemies who would harm any innocent ponyfolk.

Veiled Spike  replies with a thoughtful statement, "Well, I think that Heart and Hooves day should be about loving everypony for who they are, and it's not just about the romance between two ponies type of thing. To be honest with you, I always love my friends for their support, I love you, Big Mac for accepting to spend time with me, and I also love you, Applejack, for attending the wonderful picnic as well. I think everypony would be nicer if Heart and Hooves day is about gaining a newer appreciation with families and friends. They'll be a lot closer that way." 

The two family members blush at your casual use of the word love. "That's mighty kind of you, Veil," Applejack says, "But all the same, our Hearts an' Hooves Days aren't all that spectacular. Not that it's a bad thing, just the honest truth." She takes a bite out of one of her apples and sits back.

Beta Ray thinks it over for a second. He then finally comes to a conclusion, "I know what which would be great. Fizzy Surpise. It's short and sweet and rolls right off the tongue." He then gets another great idea. "Say, do you want me to help you cook? I'm an average cook at best, but I still wouldn't mind getting some practice in it?"

"Sure! I have all of the recipes in this handy notebook!" She hands you a notebook and continues to bake. As you look into the notebook, however, you find the light-pink pen they're written in hard to read, and the pages themselves a tad bit unorganized. It's going to be difficult to follow.

@NightWing

"I was just wanting to ask you would visit me at my observatory later today. I have the same intellectual and scholarly fascinations like you, and I am more ... erm... science directed. Plus, my observatory is very functional, and can see well past our solar system. Also, I thought this would be fun for the both of us..." Scilight said this while fidgeting and blushing. He always kind of liked her, even though he is the pony of science, and she is of magic. HE awaits her response...

"Ummm, sure. I'm afraid today's a bit out of the question; I'm pretty busy. Maybe tomorrow?" She smiles at you encouragingly, "That gives you time to plan out whatever it is you want to show me, and me time to... erm.... sort out the unhappy crowds behind you." The unfortunate truth behind being royal: duty.

"Octavia, would you like to go out and play music with me sometime? I'm a violinist and would love to play with you sometime" *smiles at you cutely as my heart was racing on the inside. My mind wondering what she was gonna say or if she'd say yes* ((Only ten more letters required..))

(You might find ten letters easier with complete sentences. That's what I've found anyway)

Octavia looks at you quizzically, "Would this be at an establishment, or some sort of practice? I'm afraid that not many ponies begin their social relationships with me by asking to perform with me, so I'm rather unversed in this particular regard." You notice that, along with her normal bow tie, she seems to be wearing formal attire. She most probably just came from some sort of fancy performance where her tongue had to be guarded and clever.

"Uh... where did she go?" Freeze asked the purple alicorn next to him. "I mean, I've heard she pops in at times, but this is ridiculous!" He laughed but suddenly stopped as he realized how stupid that joke was. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that, Twilight. I guess I'm not the best comedian. Anyways, before we forget, we should probably tell somepony to spread the word about that party today. Huh... Hey, look! It's Vinyl! Hey, Vinyl!" He motioned for a light blue-maned mare to get near.

Once Vinyl was next to the two, Freeze explained the cupcake party. "Could you please spread the word?"

Vinyl seems a little tired, "Yeah," she yawns, "I'll, uhem, spread the... uh.... word. Cupcake party. Yep." She re-adjusts her glasses to make sure they're completely covering her eyes and continues walking. Judging by that reaction, you and Twilight might want to think about another option.

"Um... Hey, Fluff... I think I'm stuffed into your fur again." He took a few steps around. "Heh, and it seems... It seems that I'm lost in here now." He started to laugh a little bit, the entire situation seeming funny to him. "Do you think that you could stay still a little while while I find my way out?" He started moving in one direction.

She makes a light, happy affirmative sound. Continuing her milkshake, she goes on as if nothings wrong and you're still there. Which, I guess, is technically the truth. Your hoof feels a light sucking, and brushes over an... interesting anomaly. Unable to resist, you stick your hoof into the hole and discover... a pocket dimension hidden in her fur. And the pocket dimension...? It's full of signs. Lots, and lots, and lots of signs.

"I see. Interesting." Steel remarked as they grew ever closer to Strongheart's home. "Actually, what do you do Ms. Strongheart? For ponies, we often have different jobs or functions. Pegasi like me control the weather for instance. I would imagine for a nomadic people, everyone in the tribe must pull their weight. Do you have any such responsibilities?"

"As in personal jobs, or our tribes effect on the land? My job personally is mostly ambassadorial. Because of my smaller size and lesser accent, ponies tend to trust me more. The tribe's 'job', I believe, is to tend the land. Every year, we stampede; an important tradition. The power of a buffalo stamped kicks up top-soil and helps break up the earth, making sure natural plants can grow. Chief Thunderhooves would be able to better explain that."

"I hope I won't have to play poker, I have a terrible pokerface." Steelhide chuckles. He looked a bit doubtful when Dusk explained what the cards were for today though. He took a card anyway though. Steelhide thought the best way to learn about another pony was to see how they acted in battle or any other dangerous situation.

Steelhide kept the card facedown. He was curious which card he had drawn and a part of him wanted to flip it over and look, but his discipline kept him in check. He was told not to look at it so he would not look. He did however wonder what this had to do with defending the kingdom. Surely their time would be better spent patrolling the roads in search of dangerous enemies who would harm any innocent ponyfolk.

Dusk looked at his expression and sighed, "Look, it's going to tell me what you know and what you don't know so that you don't get yourself hurt or worse in the night. We both know that, combat wise, your good to go. At least, you are in broad daylight. That's why this card isn't exactly a shocker." The card moves from his hoof and flips, floating in the air with a sliver glow. This is interesting because Dusk is in no manner a unicorn. It's a blazing sun. "The questioning reads are what bothers me." A new card levitates in front of you, a silvery moon, "Again, battle experience. You've fought at night. Not a big deal. It's the fact that I also pulled for you a heart-and-sword, which is love on the battle field and very powerful, and what has become know as Luna's symbol progression. Ehhh, we'll work with the usable information. Steel," he looks at you with all seriousness, "Watch yourself. These cards are pretty neutral, but... Well, remember that you will fight beside Luna and she is your commanding officer. Alright?" He lays a knife, a shortsword, and a crossbow down on the table as the cards snap back into a deck formation; "New choice to make."

The two family members blush at your casual use of the word love. "That's mighty kind of you, Veil," Applejack says, "But all the same, our Hearts an' Hooves Days aren't all that spectacular. Not that it's a bad thing, just the honest truth." She takes a bite out of one of her apples and sits back.

"Sure! I have all of the recipes in this handy notebook!" She hands you a notebook and continues to bake. As you look into the notebook, however, you find the light-pink pen they're written in hard to read, and the pages themselves a tad bit unorganized. It's going to be difficult to follow.

"Ummm, sure. I'm afraid today's a bit out of the question; I'm pretty busy. Maybe tomorrow?" She smiles at you encouragingly, "That gives you time to plan out whatever it is you want to show me, and me time to... erm.... sort out the unhappy crowds behind you." The unfortunate truth behind being royal: duty.

(You might find ten letters easier with complete sentences. That's what I've found anyway)

Octavia looks at you quizzically, "Would this be at an establishment, or some sort of practice? I'm afraid that not many ponies begin their social relationships with me by asking to perform with me, so I'm rather unversed in this particular regard." You notice that, along with her normal bow tie, she seems to be wearing formal attire. She most probably just came from some sort of fancy performance where her tongue had to be guarded and clever.

Vinyl seems a little tired, "Yeah," she yawns, "I'll, uhem, spread the... uh.... word. Cupcake party. Yep." She re-adjusts her glasses to make sure they're completely covering her eyes and continues walking. Judging by that reaction, you and Twilight might want to think about another option.

She makes a light, happy affirmative sound. Continuing her milkshake, she goes on as if nothings wrong and you're still there. Which, I guess, is technically the truth. Your hoof feels a light sucking, and brushes over an... interesting anomaly. Unable to resist, you stick your hoof into the hole and discover... a pocket dimension hidden in her fur. And the pocket dimension...? It's full of signs. Lots, and lots, and lots of signs.

"As in personal jobs, or our tribes effect on the land? My job personally is mostly ambassadorial. Because of my smaller size and lesser accent, ponies tend to trust me more. The tribe's 'job', I believe, is to tend the land. Every year, we stampede; an important tradition. The power of a buffalo stamped kicks up top-soil and helps break up the earth, making sure natural plants can grow. Chief Thunderhooves would be able to better explain that."

Dusk looked at his expression and sighed, "Look, it's going to tell me what you know and what you don't know so that you don't get yourself hurt or worse in the night. We both know that, combat wise, your good to go. At least, you are in broad daylight. That's why this card isn't exactly a shocker." The card moves from his hoof and flips, floating in the air with a sliver glow. This is interesting because Dusk is in no manner a unicorn. It's a blazing sun. "The questioning reads are what bothers me." A new card levitates in front of you, a silvery moon, "Again, battle experience. You've fought at night. Not a big deal. It's the fact that I also pulled for you a heart-and-sword, which is love on the battle field and very powerful, and what has become know as Luna's symbol progression. Ehhh, we'll work with the usable information. Steel," he looks at you with all seriousness, "Watch yourself. These cards are pretty neutral, but... Well, remember that you will fight beside Luna and she is your commanding officer. Alright?" He lays a knife, a shortsword, and a crossbow down on the table as the cards snap back into a deck formation; "New choice to make."

Beta stares at the notebook for a second. He turns to the page for the best cupcake recipe. He wanted to make Pinkie some awesome cupcakes. He tries squinting to read the pages. He reads what looks like 3 cups of sugar and poors it in the bowl. Eventually he finishes it.

Paradox stares at all the signs for a few moments, then facehoofs. "I should have guessed that you store all these in here..." He looks them over, then smirks and grabs one as he begins his trek to escape the forest of fluff again. After about five minutes, which seemed more like five hours, his head popped out, right next to hers. He looked around, and, seeing her head right next to his, grinned and held out her 'HUGS?' sign.

@NightWIng

Oh, I understand. I deal with a similar deal since im a mayor of a MASSIVE metropolis and all. Anywho, thanks for informing me. Seeya! *teleports out* *teleports to the observatory* She's right... I shoudn't improvise... *starts to set up a romantic/intellectual atmosphere* She may not know the machinations of a democratic government, rather than a diarchy, monarchy, or triarchy

After swallowing the first bite of her sandwich, Veiled Spike nods her head and replies, "It's alright. I usually take my break from doing art and music by coming to Ponyville for Heart and Hooves Day, and now that I made enough money to take a break for those three weeks, I figure to make good use of it by walking around in shops and finding some interesting things like good quills and great quality paper to draw on, and not to mention looking at some artwork featured in Ponyville. That was my intention until something clicked in me about your brother. I do felt that there is going to be a really good connection from that point on, and I just cannot put a hoove on that. Other than that, I'm glad that I get to do this since I dropped by your store to buy apples every time I come here for my week break every year."

Steelhide remained quiet, listening to Dusk. He contemplated what Dusk was telling him. He didn't really understand what the cards meant, but Dusk seemed to know what he was talking about. Steelhide did have experience at fighting during all times of day and night. The love on the battlefield card however had Steelhide more then a little confused. He started feeling like something big might happen in the future, but then again he was going out on a night patrol. Chances are there might be several big things happening.

Steelhide responded to Dusk. "I understand Luna is my commander." He stood up with his chest out. "I will not fail her."

Then Dusk laid out the weapons before Steelhide. Weapons weren't new to Steelhide, though he already had a weapon, it had been broken on the journey here when Steelhide had dealt with a very nasty timberwolf. He hadn't really expected to have been assigned to a task straight away when he had come so he had forgotten to get it repaired by a weaponsmith.

He closely inspected each weapon carefully. He made a choice and took up the shortsword, nodding several times in satisfaction. "I choose the shortsword." Steelhide said to Dusk. He wondered if this was another test, you never could be too sure.

The ride to ponyville was long and bumpy. As he approached his new home, Caramel thinks to himself.

"Okay, new town, new me. I gotta at least try to become a new me. I can't ever let what happened at my old school happen again. Never, ever again. I gotta make some friends, get through school, and not think about her."

As the carriage comes to a stop, he steps out. He smelled the air. He wasn't sure how, but he could tell the air was different. The dirt paths were so foreign to the Manehattanite. A part of him wanted to shiver in disgust, but a stronger part of him told himself to get over it, as this was his punishment for what happened at his old school.

"Hey, dad?" "Yes son?" "Can I go meet some of the other ponies?" "Okay, but don't go too far. And don't let your anger get the best of you again."

As he walks through town, he comes across a group of ponies playing with a bouncy ball. One was white with a purple and pink mane. He knew the filly as Rarity's sister. Even tough he didn't care for fashion, he still knew who Rarity was, as she was starting to become a big name. Another filly was  orange with a purple mane that was darker than on Rarity's sister.

and then there was the yellow filly.

Caramel wasn't sure what it was about the filly with the yellow coat, bright red mane, and giant bow, but something about that filly was special, he could tell.

He approached them and, when the ball went near him, he picked it up and said, "Hey, can I play with you?"

(OOC: Figured now would be a good time to join.)

Zecora, I could not help but notice your enchanting voice and your beautiful eyes, may I join you in search for herbs in the Everfree and may I assist you in potion making, perhaps take you out stargazing or perhaps to a fine supper, for the very sight of you lifts my spirit.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1