Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I am so livid right now.

Samurshy

There- there are these people within the fandom, and- and they are starting to point out the flaws within the fandom. They- they don't realize that this fandom is made up of individuals who have the- there own personal likes and interests. And it really makes me hoofin mad!

By now you are probably reading this and thinking, "this post seems pretty sarcastic to me". Well that is because it is.

Too many people continue to point out flaws in this fandom. It has become a norm now to stop calling yourself a brony simply because you had a bad experience with some fans. Well let me tell you right now, everyone has their own opinion, just because someone else's opinion is the opposite of your's does not make it wrong, and it should not mean they should immediately be condemned. Bronies are by definition people who are fans of MLP FIM.

I am sick of reading "well there is this problem with the fandom," and "that guy didn't love and tolerate me" or "this fandom is full hypocrites".

Well I got news for all of you people who point the finger, you are just as much of a problem with the problems you point out as the problems you point out. You understand? You are doing little to help the problem only sparking up useless debates.

Just, just stop it.

As I have just become part of the problem by paradoxically pointing the finger at the finger pointers I am off to commit seppuku. Goodbye.

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 27

Welp, welcome to human interactions, period.

There has never been, and never will be, a perfect fandom. Every group has just as much chance to attract assholes as every other group.

The sooner people accept that, the better off we'll all be.

• Brohoof 11

Welp, welcome to human interactions, period.

There has never been, and never will be, a perfect fandom. Every group has just as much chance to attract assholes as every other group.

The sooner people accept that, the better off we'll all be.

Yeah well I am just trying to show how stupid it is to point out little imperfections within a fandom. We really should just be here to share our mutual love with MLP FIM and not be here to point out imperfections.

Like Crispy said, nothing is perfect. If they think they are going to leave this fandom and everything will be happy and peaches when they find another "perfect" fandom, they will be disappointed in the highest degree.

That's how life works, gotta get used to it.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah well I am just trying to show how stupid it is to point out little imperfections within a fandom. We really should just be here to share our mutual love with MLP FIM and not be here to point out imperfections.

Oh, trust me. I hear you. It'd be nice for people to just interact and be cool all the time, but it's an inevitability that the one thing that we all hold in common (enjoying a show about colorful equines) will not always be enough to quell our differences (possibly everything else).

I thought I was the only person apart from my English teachers who used the word "livid". Also, your standards are simply too high, people point out flaws because flaws exist, and the people pointing out the flaws are flawed themselves. Then flamewar.

• Brohoof 1

I thought I was the only person apart from my English teachers who used the word "livid". Also, your standards are simply too high, people point out flaws because flaws exist, and the people pointing out the flaws are flawed themselves. Then flamewar.

Yeah, as the saying goes "it takes two to tango" that goes for flamewars. I use the word livid because I am an english major and have a pretty large lexicon. So I tend to use a high vocabulary.

So I take that now you made a thread about my thread complaining about the fandom because you got annoyed with my opinions and disagree with it, correct?

Newsflash. This isn't the only place where this stuff happens. Let people discuss whatever they please, and get over it. You won't make everyone think the same as you. So some guy is bashing at the fandom. Big whoop. Ignore the thread and move on.

"Bronies are by definition people who are fans of MLP FIM." <- Again, says who? The society? The mainstream? The English dictionary? Hmm..?

Edited by DeiStar

So I take that now you made a thread about my thread complaining about the fandom because you got annoyed with my opinions and disagree with it, correct?

Newsflash. This isn't the only place where this stuff happens. Let people discuss whatever they please, and get over it. You won't make everyone think the same as you. So some guy is bashing at the fandom. Big whoop. Ignore the thread and move on.

"Bronies are by definition people who are fans of MLP FIM." <- Again, says who? The society? The mainstream? The English dictionary? Hmm..?

As arrogant as you are you automatically assumed that this was in retaliation to you. I do not just make threads like this in retaliation to ONE random thread. No this was because of not only your thread, but also "why I am an anti-brony" thread, and the immense amount of comments I see on places like youtube, memebase, and other forums. It gets kinda old.
  • Brohoof 1

As arrogant as you are you automatically assumed that this was in retaliation to you. I do not just make threads like this in retaliation to ONE random thread. No this was because of not only your thread, but also "why I am an anti-brony" thread, and the immense amount of comments I see on places like youtube, memebase, and other forums. It gets kinda old.

Well, seeing as how this thread was created right after your posts in my thread about the topic of your thread, one could just assume both ideas were related. Crazy, huh?

Generic bronies gonna be generic bronies, I guess.

Edited by DeiStar

Well, seeing as how this thread was created right after your posts in my thread about the topic of your thread, one could just assume both ideas were related. Crazy, huh?

Generic bronies gonna be generic bronies, I guess.

Hey guess what? I also just posted in the Anti-brony thread too. So like I said, this is not just in retaliation to you. As much as your ego would like to believe it is. Edited by Bronynonymous

He guess what? I also just posted in the Anti-brony thread too. So like I said, this is not just in retaliation to you. As much as your ego would like to believe it is.

I honestly don't care if this thread is related to mine or not. I'm just waiting to see if a mod will delete it for the excessive swearing and stuff.

You can't beat the anti-bronies much like I can't beat the bronies.

No one is going to EVER agree on every aspect of a fandom. It'd be boring if we were all mindless followers wouldn't it?

Naturally, people are going to nitpick at a few things that they dislike about a fandom, and people are going to post about the things they love about it.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't care if this thread is related to mine or not. I'm just waiting to see if a mod will delete it for the excessive swearing and stuff.

You can't beat the anti-bronies much like I can't beat the bronies.

Are you talking about your thread? Because of the mass amount of swear words utilized in your OP? Or are you saying my thread has a lot of swearing?

I honestly don't care if this thread is related to mine or not.

Not to be rude, but if you don't care if this thread is related to yours, then why did you act as if it mattered when you thought it WAS related to yours?
  • Brohoof 1

Are you talking about your thread? Because of the mass amount of swear words utilized in your OP? Or are you saying my thread has a lot of swearing?

Mine.

I got 100 warning points for bitching about EqD and most of it's fanbase. So I'm expecting for my thread to get deleted as well.

Not to be rude, but if you don't care if this thread is related to yours, then why did you act as if it mattered when you thought it WAS related to yours?

I don't care in the point that I don't mind if this thread is actually related to mine or not. The OP made me believe it was, so I pointed it out. However, it turned out to be about the threads similar to mine. So whatever.

Aaand, there we go. My thread is closed. I will now be awaiting my warning points and possible ban.

Thank you and good day, kind people.

Edited by DeiStar

I just don't understand why people have to nitpick when it comes to really anything in general. You can't just be happy with what you got? You have an awesome fandom filled with crazy talented people and amazing supportive creators of the show itself who love the fandom. Why do you have to point out the flaws?

Edited by Bronynonymous

Because it's doesn't matter how many chocolate milk you have, all it takes is one drop of cyanide and you're dead Posted Image

The problem is that so many people out there loves to talk about the bad things instead the good ones.

Charities that managed to collect over 20.000$? Meh

Crippled brony got to chat with Tara Strong? Lame

A sickhead made a clopfic? OH MY GOD EVERYONE GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS WE HAVE A BAD FANDOM OVER HERE

You know it's true

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 4

Usually, people will never be satisfied with what they have. This fandom (and many others) have some great aspects to it sure, but some people do take it to the extreme and make other people feel uncomfortable. Some of us wouldn't complain about cloppers if people had just kept the fact that they masturbate to ponies to themselves to begin with (or just be less vocal about their fetishes) for example. :/

Of course, everyone can be a little more respectful to each other, but it won't always happen sadly.

Edited by sleepyhead.

Well, this thread devolved into an argument rather quickly. Guess that proves the point I made in the second post.

All over colorful horses.

Guys.

Stahp.

• Brohoof 4

I just like the show. I don't see one fan's (or even a group of them) transgressions as being a referendum on an entire fandom. People within a fandom will have so many different interests and likes/dislikes that it's impossible to define the scope of a person, simply as a "Brony."

Every fandom of anything will have its bad eggs, such is life.

• Brohoof 3

I am just going to step back and say nothing more unless someone quotes me and I feel it pertinent to reply. I am done with arguing for today, I got a sociology data analysis paper to write. Later.

• Brohoof 1

You might have a major fanbase when: People are complaining about the fact that there are people complaining about the fandom.

Seriously, it isn't a fanbase if there aren't at least some people complaining about the fandom, even people that happen to be members of said fanbase. And let's be honest, it isn't nearly as bad as some people (ponies?) make it out to be.

If you think THIS is bad, you should see the Sonic fanbase. Ok, that's a little bit unfair. That's like bringing up the laugh scene from FFX whenever someone says they like the game.

The point is, there are plenty of fanbases that have more friction than us. All you have to do to find them is search online and look at forums.

My advice, just relax. Go with it. Really, that's what the overall fandom is about anyway.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

There- there are these people within the fandom, and- and they are starting to point out the flaws within the fandom. They- they don't realize that this fandom is made up of individuals who have the- there own personal likes and interests. And it really makes me hoofin mad!

By now you are probably reading this and thinking, "this post seems pretty sarcastic to me". Well that is because it is.

Too many people continue to point out flaws in this fandom. It has become a norm now to stop calling yourself a brony simply because you had a bad experience with some fans. Well let me tell you right now, everyone has their own opinion, just because someone else's opinion is the opposite of your's does not make it wrong, and it should not mean they should immediately be condemned. Bronies are by definition people who are fans of MLP FIM.

I am sick of reading "well there is this problem with the fandom," and "that guy didn't love and tolerate me" or "this fandom is full hypocrites".

Well I got news for all of you people who point the finger, you are just as much of a problem with the problems you point out as the problems you point out. You understand? You are doing little to help the problem only sparking up useless debates.

Just, just stop it.

As I have just become part of the problem by paradoxically pointing the finger at the finger pointers I am off to commit seppuku. Goodbye.

I understand that YOU UNDERSTAND you have just become part of the problem, but, seriously, you didn't have to make a post complaining about other people complaining.

Let them do their thing. Who cares? It's a fandom, not the election of the century.

I understand that YOU UNDERSTAND you have just become part of the problem, but, seriously, you didn't have to make a post complaining about other people complaining.

Let them do their thing. Who cares? It's a fandom, not the election of the century.

Yeah, I realize that it is pretty futile. I think one reason I may have posted this was to get a feel for how others on this forum view threads like the ones I have mentioned in a previous post. But I know full well that I have become part of the problem and I hang my entrails in shame. Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 1