mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Call of Duty: Black Ops (Admittedly, just Zombies. Damn Treyarch for butchering likeable characters and a winning formula for Zombies in Black Ops 2.)

F.E.A.R (Just got the mood to play it all of a sudden.)

Total War: Shogun 2 (Trying to complete campaign as Ikko Ikki: Not really too easy when you're approaching Realm Divide and you're surrounded by enemies, with more declaring war on you with each turn. Damn the lack of samurai! At this point, i'll just be sending a zerg rush of warrior monks for Kyoto.)

*sigh*

Alright. I really hate to admit this, but...

Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg

Yes, I know. I really am. I'm not kidding.

I felt obligated to beat it, since the last time I played it was ages ago and it's a Metroid game.

To be completely honest, as atrocious as the story is, the gameplay itself at its very core isn't bad at all. It's still fun blasting the living hell out of familiar enemies, as well as getting the classic power-ups like the Wave Beam, missiles, and especially the Screw Attack. Switching between 3rd and 1st person modes was a huge pain in the ass, however. On the other hand, the bosses were pretty fun, especially the fight with Ridley and Queen Metroid.

I'm still getting any missile expansions/energy tanks that I missed, and I still need to fight Phantoon. Other than that, I'm pretty much done with it.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned PLAY METROID PRIME INSTEAD.

Your faithful student,

Rockymoo

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 1

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. A game Klopp and I picked up at random at the Walmart 'cause it looked Japanese and like an RPG. So far, the music and scenery and graphics are drop dead gorgeous. But I'm not too fond of the battle system, or the attacks. Everything feels like a weak tap on the shoulder and you don't have that sense of satisfaction when you kill things. Also, the controls in battle are a bit unwieldy and travel is slow. At the very least though, they make weak enemies run away from you. Even if the monster design is really stupid-looking and kinda childish. 

Also, I really wish there was multiplayer. It seems perfect for a second person to jump in the action of battle to help the first. And yet they didn't utilize that like the Tales series does. ><

On my PS2, Final Fantasy IX, and on my DS, Final Fantasy VI (Advance version). I'm trying to beat both of them as fast as I can, and to my surprise, I'm having an easier time getting through IX faster even though I've never played it before; unlike VI which I've beaten twice. :o

Borderlands 2

Playing as Gaige the Mechromancer has refueles my enjoyment in the game. Deathtrap is like a full teammate, and how he only scored thrid place in the science fare disappoints me.

I also have only beaten two of the DLC contents and I want to beat them all.

Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest, I'm stuck at the worst part... the forest temple!

I saw the "What Game are you Playing" subject. Had to post... saw this reply... HAD to post.

Forest Temple is EASSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYY! It's the Water Temple that is Miyamoto's sick massochistic torture. You move ONE block in there the wrong way, you have to restart the WHOLE game! Water temples in Zelda are the WORST!

Right now though I am replaying Fable 2 and 3. Well 2 I remembered I screwed up on it I went good, got a little evil, then Good again. I am trying to do the story as a COMPLETE 1000000000000% hero. 

I think I need to be just 20% better.

Other than that I picked up Alan Wake- which I still need to play

Seeing as I just finished a Link Between Worlds, I'm starting to play Pokemon Y again. I will eventually go back and finish other stuff in ALBW as well as do Hero Mode. I'm also going to finish my second playthrough of MGS4 soon enough.