Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

League of Legends forever, Baby!  B)

If only I could see why people really liked that game so much. Its just too stats basedd for me and has the worst community I have ever had the displeasure of being in.

Been playing Hardline with some of the other forum members.

Replaying X-COM: UFO Defense again ... damn game hasn't changed a bit since I last played it.

First mission = terror site? Check.

Soldiers can't aim? Check.

Almost entire team is killed? Check.

Only one survived. The one known as Starter Six, rather than return to the ship for extraction, continued to hunt down the final Cyberdisc on the map. The same Cyberdisc that'd killed many of her fellow agents. The same one that took a grenade, 10+ rifle rounds, and maybe ~3 laser pistol shots (I wasn't counting) without breaking a sweat.

Positioned on the second floor of a partially destroyed building, she destroyed it with a single well-placed shot from a laser pistol she'd picked up from one of her fallen comrades, emerging victorious against all odds. Despite the mission pretty much being a failure, seeing that thing explode felt pretty great. =^.^=

• Brohoof 2

Ahhh... That makes me wanna boot up UFO defense, that game was amazing. Oh and I'm currently playing Victoria II, I converted my save from EUIV and just continued it. Scandinavia has rolled over northern and western Europe. It even integrated the entirety of Russia after a personal union after winning the sucession war against France. More or less I'm unstoppable, and I'm rapidly rolling over the rest of the world, its a wild ride :D

• Brohoof 1

If only I could see why people really liked that game so much. Its just too stats basedd for me and has the worst community I have ever had the displeasure of being in.

Been playing Hardline with some of the other forum members.

Because Battlefield Hardline is a much better game and wasn't at all a Battlefield game that was fucked up by half-assedly attempting to be a cop game nor was it a cop game that was fucked up by half-assedly attempting to be a Battelfield game. No, indeed, a reskin of BF4 with a quarter of the content is totally worth full retail price.

Replaying X-COM: UFO Defense again ... damn game hasn't changed a bit since I last played it.

First mission = terror site? Check.

Soldiers can't aim? Check.

Almost entire team is killed? Check.

Only one survived. The one known as Starter Six, rather than return to the ship for extraction, continued to hunt down the final Cyberdisc on the map. The same Cyberdisc that'd killed many of her fellow agents. The same one that took a grenade, 10+ rifle rounds, and maybe ~3 laser pistol shots (I wasn't counting) without breaking a sweat.

Positioned on the second floor of a partially destroyed building, she destroyed it with a single well-placed shot from a laser pistol she'd picked up from one of her fallen comrades, emerging victorious against all odds. Despite the mission pretty much being a failure, seeing that thing explode felt pretty great. =^.^=

I actually think Xcom: Enemy Unknown/Within was a pretty good spiritual sequel to Xcom: UFO Defense. The Bureau can go suck my nuts though.

Edited by Taviscratch
  • Brohoof 2

Because Battlefield Hardline is a much better game and wasn't at all a Battlefield game that was fucked up by half-assedly attempting to be a cop game nor was it a cop game that was fucked up by half-assedly attempting to be a Battelfield game. No, indeed, a reskin of BF4 with a quarter of the content is totally worth full retail price.

I actually think Xcom: Enemy Unknown/Within was a pretty good spiritual sequel to Xcom: UFO Defense. The Bureau can go suck my nuts though.

Looks like I struck a nerve with my opinion? Did I insult your precious LoL game? And I'm sure you totally have Hardline and aren't just jumping on a bandwagon like everyone else. But because I like it I'm wrong right? Typical gaming community, never will change.

Edited by Kothen

I just bought Majora's Mask on the 3DS, it's pretty nice so far but the whole 72 hour thing puts me on edge even though there's no chance of actually winning the game by the 72 hour mark on the first try for me. :v

Really pretty looking graphics though, Skullkid is pretty cool and the dark tone of the game makes me happy.

I also got all the Spyro games on my PC so I'm gonna play through them as well.

If only my PC could run it X3 I have been loving Hardline on my Xbox One :3

It really is a lot of fun imo. All the hate I've been seeing is either "it's a reskin of bf4!" Or "it's not even close to bf4!" Like, which is it? I sometimes forget how toxic gamers can be. I know it has it flaws, but it's fun. Most people (as with any game) will hate on it before they even try it. It's sad.

Looks like I struck a nerve with my opinion? Did I insult your precious LoL game? And I'm sure you totally have Hardline and aren't just jumping on a bandwagon like everyone else. But because I like it I'm wrong right? Typical gaming community, never will change.

Never played LoL to be honest but it looks like every other MOBA. I wasn't defending LoL, I just thought it was funny that you instantly mentioned a really disappointing game after claiming that the game @EchoPone is playing is shit and the community (of which he's a part of) is the scum of the earth.

I wanted to like Hardline. I wanted it to break from the cookie cutter modern military FPS which dominate multiplayer gaming. I wanted it to be a bigger budget, more epic Payday...but, alas, it was not and it ended up not knowing what it wanted to be.

• Brohoof 1

It really is a lot of fun imo. All the hate I've been seeing is either "it's a reskin of bf4!" Or "it's not even close to bf4!" Like, which is it? I sometimes forget how toxic gamers can be. I know it has it flaws, but it's fun. Most people (as with any game) will hate on it before they even try it. It's sad.

It is, the Carjack mode has been some of the best fun I've had with friends, just because of how crazy it can get at times. Oh yeah, and  driveable couch domination :3

And people will have their opinions, cant change that. And some may be a bit more aggressive with them.

• Brohoof 1

Never played LoL to be honest but it looks like every other MOBA. I wasn't defending LoL, I just thought it was funny that you instantly mentioned a really disappointing game after claiming that the game @EchoPone is playing is shit and the community (of which he's a part of) is the scum of the earth.

I wanted to like Hardline. I wanted it to break from the cookie cutter modern military FPS which dominate multiplayer gaming. I wanted it to be a bigger budget, more epic Payday...but, alas, it was not and it ended up not knowing what it wanted to be.

In my experience, LoL has the rudest people I have ever met in my life of gaming (so far, who knows what the next f2p big thing will be) hardline wasn't a disappointment to me however. I don't think they are scum of the earth however. (That belongs to killers, rapists, etc) I do however had very VERY few people I met who were nice or decent in my time of playing.

I haven't really been into Pokemon for years. Always liked the anime though I haven't seen it in years and the games haven't been worth playing since my Gold was stolen.

But the other day I went out and got Pokemon X. Pokemon's still not amazing but it'll keep me entertained until I can get a new TV since mine broke down. At least the series has changed a fair bit since I last played it seriously.

I'm doing a dumb and doing a Nuzlocke for my first run. Why? Iunno. Just cuz.

I bought MK7 and SSB4 several days ago...

AND MY WIFI CAN'T CONNECT ME TO ONLINE!!! (AARRGGHHH!!!)  :angry:

So, I bought and played Bravely Default as a failsafe.

(Error Code 001 0502 if you're wondering)

Edited by Definitely Not Udyr

I failed the Nuzlocke but I got near the end anyway. One gym and the Elite Four to go. But I got bored with the game and rushed to finish. Failed. Not even gonna bother finishing because without the Nuzlocke Pokemon is as boring as ever.

Moving on to Baldur's Gate. Hoping it's even half as good as Planescape: Torment.