mega thread What game are you playing right now?

Mint Petal

Picked up Descent on Steam for it's 19th anniversary. Playing the everliving crap out of it. Seriously, the game all other games owe for non-gimmicky 3d graphics, and it still is one of the best shooters even by today's standards. If you never played Descent or any of it's successors, pick this game up, like, right now.

Edit: NEVERMIND, FOUND MY PSP. Now to charge it and play FFT.

I am playing Psychonauts on my laptop though. Such an awesome game. I can definitely see that it was made by the peeps who made Brutal Legend.

Edited by Discordian

What do you think of Amnesia? My own thoughts will be withheld as they can be rather...disagreeable. :lol:

I think it's pretty fun when played in the dark in the early AMs, but pretty boring when played during the day or anything.

What I'm saying is that you have to be tired or otherwise have your guard lowered to actually be scared by it. Of course, if you're one who likes jump scares it can be enjoyable at any time.

Also, please PM me what you think of it if you don't want to post it in the thread.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's pretty fun when played in the dark in the early AMs, but pretty boring when played during the day or anything.

What I'm saying is that you have to be tired or otherwise have your guard lowered to actually be scared by it. Of course, if you're one who likes jump scares it can be enjoyable at any time.

Also, please PM me what you think of it if you don't want to post it in the thread.

That's generally how I feel too. I probably shouldn't have played it in the middle of the day or when people were around but I don't think I would have found it all that scary regardless. Definitely not "scariest game ever" as some would have you believe. Mileage varies, I suppose.

That's generally how I feel too. I probably shouldn't have played it in the middle of the day or when people were around but I don't think I would have found it all that scary regardless. Definitely not "scariest game ever" as some would have you believe. Mileage varies, I suppose.

I think it was more annoying than scary. I kept running out of oil and tinderboxes, which didn't make it "tense", it made it tedious. It would be different if staying in the dark didn't actually kill you in and of itself. 

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

I think it was more annoying than scary. I kept running out of oil and tinderboxes, which didn't make it "tense", it made it tedious. It would be different if staying in the dark didn't actually kill you in and of itself.

Does it kill you? I know it makes you "pass out" so Daniel falls to the floor which could leave you vulnerable to enemies but he gets up not long after that.

Though I never really ran out of anything (I just ran through the Darkness where I could since Daniel's eyes would adjust to it anyway :P ) I agree that it was annoying. I really think the game could have worked better as an atmospheric puzzle game than just a horror game. Didn't do the horror very well.

Do RPG maker-ish games count? If so, I'm playing HetaOni. It's pretty cool so far.

It's a game, isn't it? Of course it does. :lol:

I'm actually playing an RPG Maker game myself. Was playing another about a month ago. The latter was probaby one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time even.

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to work my way through Resident Evil Zero on the gamecube right now. It's one of the few RE games I never beat. I beat 1-5, and I have Code Veronica, Zero and (bleaurgh) 6 to go.

It's pretty tough so far, especially since the Gamecube controller is so unwieldy.