Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music 80s or 2010s music

Unified Draft

Ill check it out from what I have heard they are pretty solid, I also started listening to some Coldplay, they are really good as well

Coldplay is horrible in my opinion, their songs bore me to death. I prefer Radiohead or Nine Inch Nails. I'd rather listen to a lot of other things over Coldplay.

Coldplay is horrible in my opinion, their songs bore me to death. I prefer Radiohead or Nine Inch Nails. I'd rather listen to a lot of other things over Coldplay.

My friends recommended them to me, I have only heard one song and it wasn't terrible in my opinion, it was actually in a pmv, and it was sort of catchy 

This isn't even a comparison. 80's, obviously. Golden era of music. Anything that's come out in the 2010's is absolute dreck and can hardly even be considered music to begin with.

Music isn't my forte, so I don't have a favorite decade. My method is simple; if it sounds good to me, I'll take it. I focus more on rock and epic orchestra pieces, but anything flies.

It is nice to see so many taking interest in so many eras. Every era has it's ups and downs, so completely excluding any particular one (at least in the past 60 years) is a silly thing to do. In the end, you're probably missing out on something pretty sweet.

• Brohoof 1

I think it was their latest work, I'm not too sure though. It wasn't awful or anything, it just wasn't in my taste. What subgenre are they anyways?

Random Access Memories?

Their genre is mostly House, although they change their style with each album.

Listen to Homework or Discovery, you might like those better.

(edited)

Random Access Memories?

Their genre is mostly House, although they change their style with each album.

Listen to Homework or Discovery, you might like those better.

Well I listened to all of Random Access Memories because I took it as request, I have a thread for requests and I write reviews on the albums that I listen to.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

This isn't even a comparison. 80's, obviously. Golden era of music. Anything that's come out in the 2010's is absolute dreck and can hardly even be considered music to begin with.

*sigh*

There's a lot more in todays music than simply Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, you know. And why was the 80's the "golden era" anyways? The music was cheesy, glam rock sucks and the pop back then is just as bad as it is today. There are very few exceptions

Well I listened to all of Random Access Memories because I took it as request, I have a thread for requests and I write reviews on the albums that I listen to.

To update you on what sub-genre Daft Punk belongs to: Their music can be classified as French House, due to their distinct funky samples they often incorporate. But it's totally fine and correct to call it House as well

And just as Truly Unique said, Homework and Discovery > RAM and Human After All

*sigh*

There's a lot more in todays music than simply Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj, you know. And why was the 80's the "golden era" anyways? The music was cheesy, glam rock sucks and the pop back then is just as bad as it is today. There are very few exceptions

Likewise, 80's music is more than just glam rock and pop. Music was actually interesting because it was experimental and didn't play it safe, like today. As a result, you'd get some pretty interesting stuff. People actually cared about having intricacy in their music and following some good music theory.

Yeah, there are plenty of artists nowadays. I never said that there are only a few people. I just happen to think 99% of them suck. That's my opinion.

Likewise, 80's music is more than just glam rock and pop. Music was actually interesting because it was experimental and didn't play it safe, like today. As a result, you'd get some pretty interesting stuff. People actually cared about having intricacy in their music and following some good music theory.

Yeah, there are plenty of artists nowadays. I never said that there are only a few people. I just happen to think 99% of them suck. That's my opinion.

Most of the experimental music that exists were at the 90's and the first half decade of the 00's. There's a lot of experimental music and plenty of artists who think outside the box to this very day, like Swan for example

• Brohoof 1

Most of the experimental music that exists were at the 90's and the first half decade of the 00's. There's a lot of experimental music and plenty of artists who think outside the box to this very day, like Swan for example

You're trying to argue over opinion, and that just doesn't work. I have my opinion, you have your opinion, and no matter what we say, probably neither is going to convince the other. I think we should just agree to disagree.

You're trying to argue over opinion, and that just doesn't work. I have my opinion, you have your opinion, and no matter what we say, probably neither is going to convince the other. I think we should just agree to disagree.

Perhaps it's for the better, but I was just trying to convince you that 80's is not the golden era, there never have been any golden era and there never will be. Shitty and good music have existed in every decade 

• Brohoof 2

80's all the way, I mean, I know there's some good 2010 music, but I think that there's more feeling in the music of the 80's than today's music, there was really a message in oldies. :P so yeah between those two I'd prefer the 80's

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright I'm just going to say it. 80's sucked. Well, the 80's music that most of these people are probably referring to. They probably aren't talking about Sonic Youth, U2, REM, The Smiths, etc..., which were some of the good bands from the 80's. Yeah I would pick stuff like Coldplay, Pearl Jam(not dead yet), Radiohead, Goo Goo Dolls, and Linkin Park(I needed examples), and a lot of other stuff, over the bands that most are probably referring to like Queen, ACDC, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, etc....

The context of this thread is flawed, since they completely ignored the 50's, 60's, 70's, 90's, and possibly 00's if they meant really new music by 2010 music. Good music does not belong to any specific decade. 

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 3

I don't really listen to  anything that is made before I was born. Sure  a few stuff here and there but this only for greek songs XD

Considering that I am 19 I would  say modern music. I don't really get the 60s-80s  fascination some people have. I can listen to it but defenitly not something I would personally put. Today there are like a million genres and another million sub-genres out of each one. Let alone youtube artists music which many times is really good.

Back then there were like I dunno 10 or something XD (Though I really don't know but from the bands and stuff people call out I guess there weren't that many ).

(edited)

80's all the way, I mean, I know there's some good 2010 music, but I think that there's more feeling in the music of the 80's than today's music, there was really a message in oldies. :P so yeah between those two I'd prefer the 80's

It's just nostalgia, it's all in your head. I don't get nostalgia from listening to 80's music. Probably because the 80's music that I Iisten to is different from what other people listen to. Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

(edited)

and That's why my friends 80's music was 20% lamer because, it told a boring lame story that probably never happened. They are just 'making' it happen with a song. A song does not make a event someones life a story. I don't really want to say this but, One Direction does not auto tune their voices. How the hell do think One Direction won American Idol or whatever the crap it was? Because, they sang with their voices. Man, don't hate on the boy bands. 

harry-styles-one-direction-you-must-be-n

Edited by Dopey Hooves

he is not telling to change your opinion. He is saying that the way you speak shows ignorance about today's music thus him saying your opinion is wrong not from prefference side but from You never even looked in today music seriously to have formed a correct opinion. That is how I intercepted it

• Brohoof 1

I like a lot of songs from the 80's, and I like a lot of songs from today as well, from the rock side anyway, anything else is bleh imo, but there's bleh in 80's music as well. Most of my favorite music comes from the 90's/00's though, stuff I grew up listening to. ;)

(edited)
80s of course! 80s seems to have much more effort then todays music. and the glamor of the 80s! <3 it truly was the last decade for glamor sadly

This is one thing I despised about the 80's, the fracing glamour. Stupid poofy hair. Also the 90's happened, which was better than the 80's. Yeah alternative rock! SMASHING PUMPKINS RADIOHEAD NIRVANA SOUNDGARDEN PEARL JAM

80's were pretty good though, U2 SONIC YOUTH REM THE SMITHS 

21229509.jpg

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. XD

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 2

This is one thing I despised about the 80's, the fracing glamour. Stupid poofy hair. Also the 90's happened, which was better than the 80's. Yeah alternative rock! SMASHING PUMPKINS RADIOHEAD NIRVANA SOUNDGARDEN PEARL JAM

img-1558356-1-21229509.jpg

Ha. While I despise all the glam metal from the 80's, I totally dig the alternative stuff from back then. The 90's were a better decade in music compared to the 80's. The 90's had better rock (alternative yay), metal (more diversity) and even hip-hop (Gangsta rap yo) than the 80's. At least in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I do have a question, what type of rock would bands like Foreigner be under because I know Journey is under Arena Rock and the pretty much dominated that in the 80s, I will say that 90s had better alternative stuff and some stuff from the 80s really sucked

img-1558356-1-21229509.jpg

The 80s hair was a little over the top but the music was pretty good, It is funny to look back and see how ridiculous people like Bon Jovi in the 80s compared to now

I do have a question, what type of rock would bands like Foreigner be under because I know Journey is under Arena Rock and the pretty much dominated that in the 80s, I will say that 90s had better alternative stuff and some stuff from the 80s really sucked

90's pwn all mang, well at least in my opinion. As for what stuff like Foreigner would be, I don't know they did make power ballads and stuff right? I'm not sure about Journey though.

The 80s hair was a little over the top but the music was pretty good, It is funny to look back and see how ridiculous people like Bon Jovi in the 80s compared to now

Ughh, I hate Bon Jovi. And don't even get me started on Poison.angry.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

2000-2010s music is mostly shit.

80s and 90s rocked.

So much agreement. Then again, I was a kid of the 80's and a teen of the 90's so I'm nostalgia biased, so to speak.

Current gen music is ok if you stay away from the radio. The indie and international scene has some gems if you go digging.

• Brohoof 2