Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville Map

Luurilka

I had noticed that there aren't any good maps of Ponyville around, so I made one. If you can think of anyway to improve it, please tell me. Here's the link: ponyvillemap.docx

Some of my sources:

this citation from Lauren Faust's deviant art page "I know it's been touched on, but not completely defined. I think Everfree is West of Ponyville. AJ's farm is South West and Fluttershy's cottage and meadow North of her farm, right on the edge of the Everfree Forest (ironically.) I couldn't say where Whitetail Wood is, to be honest, and Canterlot is Noth East. "

This picture: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805212303/mlp/images/thumb/c/c5/Ponyville.png/250px-Ponyville.png

And this picture: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805221906/mlp/images/thumb/b/b8/GtBO_Townsquare.png/254px-GtBO_Townsquare.png

Edited by 3p1cd3m0n

I think making a map is kind of pointless as the background animators show stuff in different locations often. Unless I am mistaken. But I doubt the show makers paid the most attention to relative position of everything.

Unless you have sources which you use as the basis for your map? That would ofcourse be nice.

Also, better use an image host or something to post instead of uploading a word file, don't expect everyone to be able to view those.

Heres a better one

Posted Image

loljk, but in all honesty, this guy on deviantart has his entire page dedicated to accurately mapping ponyville

Posted Image

Edited by Ice

Y U NO PUT NORTH AS UP?

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Because the picture I used wasn't facing north and it would be too annoying turning it because I'd have to re-type all the labels.

The geography of Ponyville at times has a strong similarity to Chicago, with the river, or Venice.

Like the calendar thread I would point out that Ponyville changes based on what is needed for that episode. While creating an official map is noble, you'll have to omit so much data or compromise so much to fix up everything. It's a common theme in cartoons/tv-shows/films/games. This is mostly because there is not much forethought put into the lore, and making the lore up as you go along causes all sorts of inconsistencies.

The concept of a map is interesting and this guy sure has some dedication to analyze episodes just to reach understandings about scenic locations. It seems accurate, although I don't see the damn, as Skullbuster mentioned. I'm sure as future episodes premiere we'll gain more information on current places and see new settings as the show progresses.

• 9 years later...

Just found this thread while researching Ponyville Geography. it seems the Everfree forest is to the east in show maps while a some fanmade ones seem to place it to the West.  This is a map from the official show

image.png.83cde9268087be301c97bd84c4c95de3.png

And here it is in the West

image.png.a95a08e5a8def1ac17765b0e74f43788.png

After cross referencing and looking at multiple sources it seems most likely that the main part of the everfree where fluttershy's cottage is to the East but it reaches back up to the west like a horse shoe if you will. This also makes part of the Everfree close to Sweet Apple Acres.

image.png.e541e6d2dd4a1146f47cf53afee7e718.png

5 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Just found this thread while researching Ponyville Geography. it seems the Everfree forest is to the east in show maps while a some fanmade ones seem to place it to the West.  This is a map from the official show

image.png.83cde9268087be301c97bd84c4c95de3.png

And here it is in the West

image.png.a95a08e5a8def1ac17765b0e74f43788.png

After cross referencing and looking at multiple sources it seems most likely that the main part of the everfree where fluttershy's cottage is to the East but it reaches back up to the west like a horse shoe if you will. This also makes part of the Everfree close to Sweet Apple Acres.

image.png.e541e6d2dd4a1146f47cf53afee7e718.png

image.thumb.png.42f6c09bc7656c90961ecf2d0a43f396.png

Edit I made a mistake so I put an orange line to expand the area to show where the apple Orchid goes just south of the Barn but on the West side of the orange horse shoe. This allows it to be close to the Ever free Forrest for when its zap apple season