Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

~ NeverPony's Art ~

NeverPony

Come one! Come all!

~ And prepare yourself for sights most horrid and alluring alike! ~

♣ ♥

Hello, and welcome to my art thread. Pay no heed to the red ink about the place; I wasn't expecting guests.

This first piece I drew for the purpose of an avatar.

Posted Image

Also, this.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 20

o3o

Amazing! The Twilight thing is just sooo....

/)^3^(

I definitely like this! Post more drawings cause now I wanna see what else you're capable of o3o

• Brohoof 1

As I've said before, I love you art, your style is great, and that little Twilight is just adorable, also, your avatar is amazing, I love the facial expression!

Nicely done :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thanks for all the kind sentiments. I'm truly flattered by your warm receptions.

Here is a humanized Twilight I just finished.

Posted Image

Edited by NeverPony
  • Brohoof 8

good work, nice style.

What are you using to draw this? mouse or tablet? photoshop or girmp?

Reminds me of kind of a comic style. do you draw comics? you should. i think anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Glad you're interested. I use a bamboo tablet, and I draw in Flash. I've attempted to do comics before, but the amount of work that entails never ceases to amaze me.
  • Brohoof 2

ooo... this pleases me. i really like the way you shade. especially in the sleeves. im going to have to take notes. :o and the background is simple yet compelling. it completes the idea that there is a story behind the work. congrats. :3

• Brohoof 1

ooo... this pleases me. i really like the way you shade. especially in the sleeves. im going to have to take notes. :o and the background is simple yet compelling. it completes the idea that there is a story behind the work. congrats. :3

It's not often I get a comment on my shading; I'm glad you like it. It's too easy to underutilize shadows, so I make it a point to use them freely.

New drawing time.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 6

Though this isn't my favorite type of art I gotta say..

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Haha this is awesome! Really cool and well made art. I especially like the very first one.

Whoa, that's a very unique art style you have there =D I like the Twilight with the hat, and your first piece based for your avatar is pretty sweet. Definitely going to be keeping track of your work ^^

• Brohoof 2

Though this isn't my favorite type of art I gotta say..

You mean vector?

Whoa, that's a very unique art style you have there =D I like the Twilight with the hat, and your first piece based for your avatar is pretty sweet. Definitely going to be keeping track of your work ^^

Thanks for the encouragement.

Here is a new drawing I just scribbled out in the last hour. I'm in class, so I used my mouse to do it.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

@@NeverPony, nonono, I mean the way that your drawings look. It looks rather creepy to me.

They're very well made but not something I'd put in my dA favorite folder if you know how I mean.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

i really enjoy the way you can distort the figures and still keep them... proportionate? thats not the right word im looking for, but itll work for now. i also notice how you leave the background without outlines. im not sure how aware you are of what youre accomplishing with things like this. its subtle but a lot of people miss it (me included). it forces your eye to focus on the foreground because it appears sharper. the compositions are good too even in the doodle. the only thing that irks me is the applejack one.. where her right hand is oriented with the tree it, it looks like shes holding onto it. so it messes with the depth a bit.

• Brohoof 1

i really enjoy the way you can distort the figures and still keep them... proportionate? thats not the right word im looking for, but itll work for now. i also notice how you leave the background without outlines. im not sure how aware you are of what youre accomplishing with things like this. its subtle but a lot of people miss it (me included). it forces your eye to focus on the foreground because it appears sharper. the compositions are good too even in the doodle. the only thing that irks me is the applejack one.. where her right hand is oriented with the tree it, it looks like shes holding onto it. so it messes with the depth a bit.

My line-less backgrounds are indeed intentional. It's something I learned a long time ago while making game background art.

Now that you've pointed out that issue, it's all I can see; hard to believe I missed that while drawing it. :X

Thanks for your comment~

Another piece.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Awesome art! I really like your style, and the first Twilight drawing you made just made me go B'awwww. You should think of doing adoptables in that style, I'm sure people would love them!

np. i like helping. im not the best but i try. and awesome! i figured it was intentional--most folks dont innately do that..unless theyre some kind of prodigy..but again, it works well! :D

Another piece.

this made me laugh. its totally plausible. x3 love the choice of clothing and the pose. very energetic.

critiques: the guitar and her left leg seem to start on the same.. plane? so in perspective, my brain wants them to end similarly. obviously the head of the guitar would stick out further.. but.. maybe if you moved the left leg down a little. or actually... hmm..foreshorten the guitar by her right hand a little more? it would change the planes and make it look like its tilted a slightly different angle.

hope i explained that reasonably well. derp. xD

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

This thread has gathered a miserable amount of dust in my absence. Fortunately, I have just the thing to remedy the situation, a doodle conjured from the depths of ennui; this particular piece of ineptitude was finely crafted with mouse and Paint.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 5

• 3 weeks later...

ERMAHGASH o-o That twilight thingy is so adorableee!!!! :D Your art is quite good! Its simply wonderful!

Great work! Keep it up! You are making some wonderful stuff here!