Your favourite quotes.

(edited)

The one in my sig. Most of the quotes they use on criminal minds go in one ear and out the other, but the very first time I heard this one, it really sunk in and made me think. So true if you ask me.

Edited by TheMadSittler

New quote. So new it's in my sig!

Guess who said that:

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey-wimey... stuff."

I'm going to guess the Doctor.

Quote: "You start hurting hostages, you're going burn up whatever currency you got to deal with me; they're all I care about. You leaving here walking is a distant second." - Chris Sabian to Danny Roman, The Negotiator.

• Brohoof 1

"Never Argue with idiots, Because they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience"
I do not know who said that, but he/she is right, because when i argue with some idiots, They just beat me with experience.
So, I prefer to ignore them.

• Brohoof 1

The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. -Mewtwo

"Good morning starshine, the earth says HELLO!" - Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

"Do you not realize that I have had diarrhea since easters?" - Senior Ramon, Nacho Libre

"Fear is the heart of love" - Death Cab for Cutie band

"I want it raw... and wriggling!" Smeagol/Gollum - Lord of the Rings

I am just a person who just laughs at stupid things and doesn't pick deep quotes all that much.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Hitting your mark is like trying to piss into a shot glass that's spinning on a record player that's strapped to a running cheetah's back while you're riding a unicycle on a tight-rope blindfolded." -AVGN

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 4

"I applied my Heart to know Wisdom, and to know Madness and Folly. I perceived that this also was a Chasing of the Wind. For in much Wisdom is much Grief, and He who increaseth Knowledge, increaseth Sorrow."

- Al Mualim, Assassissins Creed

Shit just got real.

"So don't change the dizzle, turn it up a little

I got a living room full of fine dime brizzles

Waiting on the Pizzle, the Dizzle and the Shizzle

G's to the bizzack, now ladies here we gizzo

When the pimp's in the crib ma

Drop it like it's hot

Drop it like it's hot

Drop it like it's hot..."

-English Romantic poet, John Keats

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And St. Atila raised the hand grenade up on high saying: "Oh, Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and li--....

And the Lord spake saying "First shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nay thou count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobest thou thy holy hand grenade of antioc towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it".

Armaments 2:9-21

(Almost) Completely from memory....

Edited by Corruptvoid
  • Brohoof 4

"Treat others the way you want to be treated"

"Those who trade civil liberties for freedom deserve neither"

"A soldier is born every 5 minutes, a hero is born every 5 years."

And many more. I hate when I'm put on the spot and my mind goes blank.

"Whenever there's a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever. Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time. . . That is up to you."

-The Happy Mask Salesman

So I was watching some Buffy (as with all Joss Whedon stuff, very quotable) this happened.

Xander: Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Anya: Better be, cause if I get vamped, I'm gonna bite your ass.

Xander: *grinning slyly* Wouldn't be the first time.

Anya: What was that?!

Figured this was share worthy as I couldn't breath for about two minutes due to laughing so hard. I really miss these two as a couple. :(

"First you have to give up, first you have to know... not fear... know ... that someday you're gonna die."

-Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Fight Club has countless awesome quotes <3

I always like these motivational quotes!

“Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.” — Anon

"If one is not happy by their own efforts, Then they shall become happy by force!"

Everything in the "I am the one who knocks" speech from Breaking bad.

Almost everything Christopher Hitchens and Niel Degrasse Tyson have said...

Also... "Love and tolerate!" 

(edited)

Everything in the "I am the one who knocks" speech from Breaking bad.

Almost everything Christopher Hitchens and Niel Degrasse Tyson have said...

Also... "Love and tolerate!" 

Ah, yeah. I love Walter's "I am the one who knocks" speech as well. Breaking Bad is a phenomenal TV series. 

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" - Aldous Huxley

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear" - Oscar Wilde

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

edit: put more quotes

Edited by fimdash
  • Brohoof 1

"Ezekiel 25:17 - The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Samuel L. Jackson, "Pulp Fiction".

That is one of the most badass lines ever delivered in a movie.

• Brohoof 3

I like this thread :derp:

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names"- John F. Kennedy

"Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men."- John F. Kennedy

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now."- Denis Waitley

"If you think you're alive then you're better off dead"- Oliver Sykes

(edited)

"Oh.  Hi.  So, how are you holding up?  BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!" ~GLaDOS

put these next two together.

"The idea for Twilight came to me in a dream..." ~Stephanie Meyers
"...It does no good to dwell on dreams." ~Dumbledore.

"It is common knowledge that a zombie in possession of brains must also be in want of more brains." ~Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Dinner Lady: What are you doing?
Rose: Calling an ambulance.
Dinner Lady: No need. She's quite alright. screams come from inside the office. It's fine. She does that.  ~Doctor Who

"Anything that happens, happens.  Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.  Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.  It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though." ~Douglas Adams

"You want weapons?  We're in a library.  BOOKS!  The best weapons in the world!" ~The Doctor

And last, but most definitely not least...

"Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators." ~Stephen Fry

Edited by BroWhovian TestSubject
  • Brohoof 2

One of my favorite quotes is from Gear of War 1 when Marcus and Dom split off from Baird and Cole at a facility, and you meet up at one point. Baird and Cole are in the sewer, but Marcus and Dom are above ground, and Dom says. "Woo I can smell you guys from a mile away." Then Baird says. "Hey why don't you come down here there is room for one more it's a fucking party down here."

So I was watching some Buffy (as with all Joss Whedon stuff, very quotable) this happened.

Xander: Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Anya: Better be, cause if I get vamped, I'm gonna bite your ass.

Xander: *grinning slyly* Wouldn't be the first time.

Anya: What was that?!

Figured this was share worthy as I couldn't breath for about two minutes due to laughing so hard. I really miss these two as a couple. sad.png

The funny thing about Xander is that I was actually named after him, but I have a Z instead of an X my mom told me that is where I got my name.

The funny thing about Xander is that I was actually named after him, but I have a Z instead of an X my mom told me that is where I got my name.

That's a pretty nice origin story for a name. You have a good namesake. Have you yourself ever watched Buffy? What did you think of it? Oh, and since this is a quotes thread, I suppose I should put in a quote. Let's have another Xander Harris quote, shall we?

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away."

and now a quote from The Doctor.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant."

I forget the name of the man who said it, but it was some WWI ace.

"If you won, it was because of your own bravery and skill. If you lost, it was because you met a better man"