Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

“The juvenile sea squirt wanders through the sea searching for a suitable rock or hunk of coral to cling to and make its home for life. For this task, it has a rudimentary nervous system. When it finds its spot and takes root, it doesn’t need its brain anymore, so it eats it. It’s rather like getting tenure.” — Daniel Dennett

• Brohoof 1

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."

"You cut me open with your words and left me there to bleed"

"Terrible things happen to good people every day. Consequentially, i am not one of the good people. I am one of the terrible things."

"The first to help you up are the ones who know how it feels to fall down"

"The two most important days in your life are the day you are born, and the day you find out why"

"I go through phase. Somedays i feel like the person i'm suppose to be, and then somedays i turn into no one at all. There is both me and my silhouette. I hope that on the days you find me and all i am are darkened lines, you are still willing to be near me"

"Cut my hand on the thorns of your roses that never bloom"

"I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched"

Some of my favorite Plato quotes.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." -Plato

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato
Edited by Krouton
  • Brohoof 1

" courage is not the lack of fear but acting in spite of it."

" yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift. that is why its call the present." the turtle from Kung Fu Panda best i could remember it.

• Brohoof 1

"I am disappointed, Adrian... very disappointed. Reassembling myself was the first trick I learned. It didn't kill Osterman... did you really think it would kill me? I have walked across the surface of the Sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all. But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite." - Dr Manhatten to Adrien Viedt.

Niteowl: "This is too big for us... We have to compromise!" 

Rorschach: "No... no compromise... not even in the face of Armeggadon."

Rorschach: I heard a joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life is harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. The great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci."

Edited by Full Spectrum

"It is such a quiet thing,to fall.But far more terrible is to admit it."

"Direct action is not always the best way.It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

"Be careful with charity and kindness,lest you do more harm with open hands than with a clenched fist."

"Apathy is death."

All those quotes are from Kreia.I love just about anything she says.Makes you think about your actions and their consequences a lot more.

• Brohoof 1

"It's like f*cking a burning dolphin" - Yahtzee, ZeroPunctuation. 

"It adds about the same thing to gameplay that adding landmines does to a stroll in the park" - Yahtzee, ZeroPunctuation. 

"About as subtle as a clown with his cock out" - Yahtzee, ZeroPunctuation. 

Yeah...I like ZP, I would post other things, but I didn't want to repeat any of the quotes that have already been made.

"I love every bone in your body. Especially mine"

-Quagmire

"Ignorance is Bliss"

-A really wise human

"Talking is worth silver, but being quiet is worth gold" (roughly translated)

-Swedish saying

• Brohoof 1

Hello I'm the Nostalgia Critic and I'm back to remeber it so you don't have to- Nostalgia Critic, The Review Must Go On

And then Slender Man came in and he scrubed your back!- Simon, Yogscast: Halloween spectakular

Who has two guns and has a video game coming out this year THIS GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY- Deadpool anouncing his game

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all;

it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe
level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and
originality. School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole
span of human existence. They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks,
new and unpleasant ordinances, and brutal violations of common sense and
common decency."

- H.L. Mencken

"The greatest danger to the State is independent intellectual criticism."

- Murray N. Rothbard

"My mind is my own church"

- Thomas Paine

• Brohoof 1

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."

This reminds me

I am against modern science because it teaches us to believe we know everything while scientists are still arguing.

"The first to help you up are the ones who know how it feels to fall down"

Quoted for truth.

"Talking is worth silver, but being quiet is worth gold" (roughly translated)

-Swedish saying

I remember my primary school teacher telling us about the Turkish version of that.

"If talking is silver, listening is gold."

"Direct action is not always the best way.It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

[...]

"Apathy is death."

All those quotes are from Kreia.

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all;

it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe

level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and

originality. School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole

span of human existence. They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks,

new and unpleasant ordinances, and brutal violations of common sense and

common decency."

- H.L. Mencken

ceab5d5176db62710dfd3182f3e17a37-d48b9cl
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

"Whatever we must sacrifice, we will fight as if death has darken our own doorstep, for tomorrow, it could." - Warface 

Such a dramatic statement, I love it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"What does 'ergo' mean?  I think 'therefore.'  I am not sure though."

- René Descartes

I find it amazing how often people shorten this quote to just what I wrote in black text.

Edited by Pony Joe

(edited)

"Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection." - Persona 3

"Leave her alone!  Leave us both the hell alone!" - James, Silent Hill 2

"Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer Simpson

"Cherrymon, what is it that those kids have... That I don't?" "Friends." Puppetmon, Cherrymon, Digimon

As for ponies:

"You only sell two things!" - Spike, MLP: FiM

"I used that tree to get up here!" - Spike, Friendship is Witchcraft

"Well, looks like she knows less about science than science knows about her!" - Twilight, Mentally Advanced

Edited by Dr. Eggnog
  • Brohoof 1

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

"Where Nothing is owed, deserved, or expected

And your life doesn't change by the man that's elected

If you're loved by someone you're never rejected

Decide what to be, and go be it"

-The Avett Brothers

"Freedom means love without condition

Without a beginning or an end"

-Five Iron Frenzy

"Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves" -Abraham Lincoln

Just a few I can remember right now. Things that fill me with hope. And then Abraham Lincoln being a smart ass.

• Brohoof 1

"I wrapped my Christmas presents early this year, but I used the wrong paper. See, the paper I used said 'Happy Birthday' on it. I didn't want to waste it so I just wrote 'Jesus' on it." -Demetri Martin

"Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that." _George Carlin

"Life's end... Isn't it beautiful? It's almost tragic. When life ends, it gives off a final lingering aroma. Light is but a farewell gift from the darkness to those on their way to die." -The Boss, Metal Gear Solid 3.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This a quote from a great Man...Um.. Pokemon

" I see now that the curicumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are "

-Mewtwo

And this...this is beautiful

tumblr_lryfstjnzu1qdntjlo1_500.gif

Edited by ~Toa of Ponies~
  • Brohoof 3

I could copy-paste a bunch of aliens quotes but, i'll shorten it by saying lots of the lines in Aliens.

Still gotta post one quote though from aliens,

"Get away from her you bitch!"

-Ripley

Now here are some that aren't from aliens.

"You ever wonder why we're here?
Maybe you're all here because this is the only place you fit in.
Maybe you're all here because you don't have anywhere else to go.
Maybe you're all here, because deep down, you want to be here.
The reason doesn't matter.
What matters is that you're here."
-Sarge, Red Vs. Blue, Season 8: Revelation, Chapter 18: Rally Cap

"Spartans never die? If only that were true."
-Catherine Halsey

"Die? Didn't you know? Spartans never die."
 -Kurt

"You'll destroy this Installation... Unacceptable! Unacceptable! Absolutely unacceptable! Protocol dictates action! I see now that helping you was wrong! You are the child of my Makers. Inheritor of all they left behind. You are Forerunner! But this ring... is mine!"
-343 Guilty Spark

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity? The definition of insanity is.. Doing the exact same thing, over and over again, expecting s*** to change. That. Is. Crazy."

Yes, I remember the entire thing.

This one's for the lurkers:

"It is better be silent and be thought of a s a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."_ often attributed to either Abe Lincoln or Mark Twain.

here a few of my recent favorites

“Sometimes in life there is not enough time to say all the things we need to say, and when it is all over all we can say is goodbye.”

”I hoped our last day together would never end.”

“I’ve learned that things change, people change, and it doesn’t mean you forget the past or try to cover it up. It simply means you move on and treasure the memories. Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, it means accepting that some things weren’t meant to be.”

Well, obviously the Poe one in my signature. That's a great one.

"Affliction comes to us, not to make us sad but sober; not to make us sorry but wise."

~H. G. Wells

"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."

~Joseph Baretti

"Leave me to my own absurdity."

"There is no happiness where there is no wisdom.”

"Do not believe that you alone can be right. The man who thinks that,

The man who maintains that only he has the power

To reason correctly, the gift to speak, the soul—

A man like that, when you know him, turns out empty.” 

"There is no greater evil than men's failure to consult and to consider.”

~all from Antigone by Sophocles

"The only good human being is a dead one."

"Let's face it; our lives are miserable, laborious, and short.”

"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing."

"Man is the only real enemy we have. Remove Man from the scene, and the root cause of hunger and overwork is abolished forever."

"Man serves the interests of no creature except himself.”

~all from Animal Farm by George Orwell

More later. XD

• Brohoof 1