Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

"When I reach to the edge of the universe

I do so knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery
There are times when, at least for now,
One must be content to love the questions themselves"

From the Physicist Tyson. At least I think he's a Physicist, I found him in a Symphony of Science video.

• Brohoof 1

"Uh... we don't normally wear clothes." - Applejack

"They can eat shit and die for all I care." - Marcus Fenix

"To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there." - Kofi Annan

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”

- John Lennon

• Brohoof 3

"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

-Captain America

"It seems to me...that love is the most important thing in the world. It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain it and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration, and respect."

-Siddhartha, Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse

“Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.”  

-John Lennon

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”  

-Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger.

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 2

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die" - The Nameless City (Part of the Necronomicon) By H.P.Lovecraft

I'm not sure why, there's something about the quote that both intrigues and unnerves me, it's a reference to Cthulhu but it can be interpreted in different ways.

• Brohoof 2

Faustus: How comes it then that though art out of Hell?

Mephistopheles: Why this is Hell, nor am I out of it.

It comes from the play Dr Faustus which was written in the 1500s by Chrisopher Marlow. When I first read that part in my English lit class my jaw dropped open. 

I have some, though my list is probably longer then what I post here.

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

-Andre Gide

Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains.

-Alfred North Whitehead

All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.

-H.P. Lovecraft

"Of course it's happening inside your head...,but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

-J.K. Rowling

• Brohoof 1

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

- C.S. Lewis

Something to keep in mind when crossing a Brony hater...

• Brohoof 4

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddah 

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. -Edith Wharton

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis

:) I like these quotes alot. Theres also one I've known for a long time that I like: When most of us talk to our dogs, we tend to forget they're not people. -Julia Glass
Fits into my life so well. I talk to my pets all the time.

• Brohoof 3

"Hakuna Matata" - Timon, from: The Lion King

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own." - Adam Savage from Mythbusters

"Is killing a noble thing? Well, a life fought for others is a noble thing. That is a life worth living" - Thomas Marshall, from: Ironclad

"Quack, damn you." - Jamie Heineman from Mythbusters

Edited by Becker (Fender)

Your topic, 'What is your favorite quote (Book, movie, philosopher, Person, Anybody)" has been merged with "Your favorite quotes." as they are the same topic.

This one might have already been mentioned...

"Build a man a fire, and you'll keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and you'll keep him warm the rest of his life."

• Brohoof 2

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all." - Kurt Cobain

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches" - Ben Franklin

"I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man." - Che Guevera

Edited by Neighvana666
  • Brohoof 2

"Improving the world is not always about adding things to it, or removing important factors. Construction and destruction are simply means of shifting around the elements that are at our disposal. It's far too easy to forget that we ourselves are factors that mold and shape this universe, and oftentimes the best way to solve a problem—or at least understand it—is by simply being there."

"Life's too bleak to be just a solo. Even when I'm entirely alone, I can still hear the band playing on."

"I guess losing my mind isn't too bad, so long as my heart's got an anchor"

"Sometimes the most beautiful, most serene, most perfect things in life perform their dance in a drunken fashion. It may look funny from the outside, but then you realize the entire world is like a ship rocking in some tempestuous seas. You can only get an even footing by floundering all over the place. Chaos and unpredictability are the most difficult dance moves of all. But once I've tasted of those charmingly unique steps, it's difficult to waltz in any other fashion."

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live"

"I've found it to be a useful belief to try and see beauty in everything, especially the stuff in life that comes and goes, After all, why do we have memories if they are not ways for us to cherish things of beauty that we can no longer touch?”

"Perfection and genius seldom tango when they can instead waltz.”

"Our days on this earth can too easily become an asylum, built by our fears and patrolled by our regrets. We have it within ourselves to stop worrying about the towers of security we can build for ourselves in the future and simply enjoy the sizzling bonfires erected before us now"

"If all I care about in life is the imprints I make in this world, then the most I'll ever leave is a grave."

• Brohoof 1

"love can be found in even the darkest of places. if only one remembers to turn on the light"

-dumbledore

and pretty much any other words that ever crossed his lips. i love him, such an amazing character.

this has me wondering if since he's just a character, if i should be giving the credit to j.k. rowling.... naw

"You just suck at Medicine."

- One of my teachers

"Celestia rape your c**t with the burning sun if I can’t even take simple instruction from myself! Do I have no fu**ing self control?"

- Littlepip

"After me, the solar flare"

- Celestia, in my RP Game

I think my favorite quote is "It's a funny world we live in" From the Joker towards the end of The Dark Knight.

The Joker in general had a lot of memorable lines in that movie and he was probably one of my favorite movie villains of all time do to Heath Ledger's performance.

• Brohoof 1

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."

~ Theodore Roosevelt

You know, a lot of people have said things about lack of action being more worrisome than the wrong action. Even fictional characters, like Hetty from NCIS:LA.

I wonder what such people could say to those among us who DID do the wrong thing... and caused considerable irreversible damage (such as death or trauma on people they cared about).