Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite quotes.

(edited)

"You may be so unloving and so unloveable that you cannot love or be loved by anybody of your own kind, but you can love and be loved by a dog, any dog; he being a mongrel or a cur, and you being an outcast, an exile, a scallywag, a thief, a forger, a liar, a murderer, or any kind of villain, rascal, ragamuffin, and enemy of society." - James Douglas, Bunch

"Give a pup a home and a little love and he will give you his heart forever." - Pam Brown

"Here's love. Disguised as a mop." - Peter Gray

"The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog." - George Graham Vest

Quotes from Utterly loveable dogs, a bundle of dog pictures and quotes. I was reminded of it recently, when I realized the number of hobos in the subway stations with their dogs.

I also remembered a few novels by Bernard Werber where a character says something like: "You can see homeless people with their dogs, but no homeless person with a cat."

Though, contrary to popular belief, cats can be extremely altruistic. It's not as obvious as in dogs, since dogs have been being bred for millennia FOR the specific purpose of serving humans.

Also since I'm such a narcissist, I'll be putting up quotes from myself below.

"The furry fandom is the only community where acceptance/denial of identity is considered a criterion of identity."

"For millennia, trepanation and blood-letting were practiced because they were believed to be beneficial. For decades, drugs and additives and other obnoxious substances have been being legal because it’s “not 100% certain” that they are harmful."

“I really like balls and other round shapes, but I hate hard, flat surfaces. I prefer clouds; they’re plump and soft.” - Ruby Storm (Tich's character) in The Neigh After Tomorrow (Christmas raffle prize)

Other quotes posted on my Tumblr:

“English doesn’t borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.” - James Nicoll

“People ought to like poetry the way a child likes snow.” - Wallace Stevens

“When you’re scared but you still do it anyway, that’s brave.” - Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“If we, citizens, do not support our artists, then we sacrifice our imagination on the altar of crude reality and we end up believing in nothing and having worthless dreams.” - Life of Pi

“You have enemies? Good! It means you have stood for something sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill

"Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a donut because you're on a diet." - Seth Rogen on Twitter

“You think you die alone, but that's not true. Nobody is alone in this world. We have to coexist and take care of each other.” - Asuza Hayano, in Suicide Forest In Japan documentary by VICE

-

I find it amazing how often people shorten this quote to just what I wrote in black text.

People taking things out of context and completely modifying their meanings just so they're easier to remember? IMPOSSIBRU!

"There is no greater evil than men's failure to consult and to consider."

Wholeheartedly agreed.

"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing."

Generally agreed as far as Western culture is concerned. However, I don't like generalizations of Capitalism and anthropocentrism to the entire human kind. Edited by Feather Spiral

"Good morning, starshine! The earth says hello!"

^ That just never ceases to be a knee slapper! Ho BOY.

"And I know It's gonna be SO AWESOME!"

I only have 1 quote,but its still awesome :D

"Im hopless,this is hopeless!" -Fix it felix

Only good quote i can think of right now.I think i had some more,but i can't remember them.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" by Albert Einstein. You asked why? Is because that quote fits me for being the artsy chick I am and very bad at education. I have heard studies that MOST artists are bad at school, and only focus on art. The artistic mind has been proven, that they're bad at maths, sciences, and history. Also, as what Albert Einstein says, its Knowledge is limited, and creativity is forever.

• Brohoof 1

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants, I got news for you pal you ain't leading but two things right now, jack and shit, and jack left town." ~Ashley J. Williams from the Evil Dead trilogy (Army of Darkness).

And the clip to go along with it, makes it a bit more funny.

• Brohoof 1

Just watched some Trek videos, and I found this beauty.

"Maybe it's not the destination that matters. Maybe it's the journey." - Harry Kim in Star Trek Voyager (end of season 7, and end of the series I think)

Same idea as that Zen Dog quote I recall posting here a while back.

"When you're angry, count to 10. If you're very angry, count to 100."

"Pain in temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Everybody falls, but not everybody gets back up."

• Brohoof 2

"I wear a fez now; fezzes are cool"

-The Doctor

"Then Satan said; 'Put the alphabet in math.'"

-...I have no idea!

"The internet; where anyone higher then you has no life, and where anyone lower then you is an idiot."

-???

"STOP wasting your lantern." - PewDiePie to his girlfriend playing Amnesia together

"My friend is bombed, by the way." "I'm grabbin a routine vaccination, with chicken and sweet carp on the side." - Gang Fight (BadLipReading of Friday)

"A ADEPT ARRANGING _ FOR MOTHER VOLCANO BAKEMEAT." - Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal bootleg

"When you can't run, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you." -Tracy from Firefly

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, an it will never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

"You love your children, that is your one redeeming quality. That and your cheek bones." Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones.

"Gee, it sure would be nice if we had some grenades, dontcha think?!" Jayne from Serenity.

"'Can a man still be brave if he is afraid?' 'That is the only time a man can be brave.'" Bran and Ned Stark from Game of Thrones.

"A good friend, like a good book, will last forever." Do I really need to post the source for this one? :P

"SUPERMAN?" - The Iron Giant

"You are who you choose to be!" - That kid from the Iron Giant

"Who throws a shoe?" - Austin Powers

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU WITH A ROCK" - Sylvestor Stallone in Sylvestor Stallone's new movie

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -Carl Sagan

I have no idea what it means, but I think it sounds so cool  :lol:

"Have no fear, El Presidente is here." -El Presidente

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." -Carl Sagan

"The capitalists will sell us the rope that we hang them with." -Joseph Stalin

"One death is a tragedy, one million is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." George Patton

• Brohoof 1

My favourite quotes are ones made for champions from the game League of Legends.

"The life of an arrow is fleeting, built of nothing but direction and intent." -Varus, The Arrow of Retribution;

"The sun does not reveal truth. Its light only burns and blinds." -Diana, Scorn of the Moon;

"Prey on the weak and you will survive. Prey on the strong and you will live." -Rengar, The Pridestalker;

"There are few things as invigorating as taking a mind apart, piece by piece." -Thresh, The Chain Warden.

These are just a few of them. Though some are a bit dark, I quite like them. :3

Edited by Nocturne
  • Brohoof 1

One of my friends said the following one night during a game of dungeons and dragons after he managed to get half of us killed on accident. I stole it and use it whenever applicable.

"I never help a situation. At best, I just make things worse!"

Also, BAM! Cupcake!

Edited by Flying Space Badger

"You're naked, there's a 14 year old girl, you're chasing a cat around, you've got Cool Whip. And...you want this girl perform some sex act with the cat and then you'll have sex with her. Is that...accurate?" - Chris Hansen

Song Quotes:

How many hangings tonight under the red moon (Dir En Grey - Obscure)

This is for the hearts still beating (Converge - Last Light)

From the grasp of wolves I will pluck her, Twin arteries flow with the pulse of one mighty heart (ISIS - 20 Minutes/40 Years)

This is what he'd always known, the promise of something greater beyond the water's horizon (ISIS - The Beginning And The End)

Musician Quotes:

I just think it's really funny to have terms like that. It's basically saying 'this is intelligent and everything else is stupid.' It's really nasty to everyone else's music. (laughs) It makes me laugh, things like that. I don't use names. I just say that I like something or I don'

- Richard D. James (Aphex Twin)

"Ultravisitor is my spectacle of beauty and of terror. It is unknowable, and will never be understood by anybody, least of all its creator."

- Tom Jenkins (Squarepusher)

Movie Quotes:

Hello my name is Indigo Montoya, You killed my father, prepare to die (The Princess Bride)

Say what again (Pulp Fiction)

Come and get it! It's a running buffet! All you can eat! (Shaun of the Dead)

And that's all that I can think of

Saw this on my Tumblr dash, thought I'd share it here too.

"Oh, right, I forgot. I'm an animal. I have no self-control."

"Oh my gosh, what am I going to wear?"

"Don't ask me, I was an English major."

"Someone's gonna end up crying. Probably me."

"And let's give a big warm welcome to sadness."

- Salem Saberhagen, the Sabrina series

UPDATE

It would be beneficial for your health to step out of my bed, I seem to have forgotten my mercy at the door....

Edited by Feather Spiral

My favorite quotes would come from thomas jefferson

"It does not bother me if my neighbor belives in the idea their are twenty gods or their is no god. For if it does not pick my pocketnor break my leg it does not matter to me."

revalation 21,6 yes it is from the bible and fallout 3
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."

from a few movies mainly theusual suspects and some steven segal film.

"the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled is convinceing the world he does not exist."

And the last quote which is a rather good one liner. "you found me beautiful once. Honey You got real Ugly!" yes i brought the sam axe,ash,and all that good bruce cambell in this bitch.

Pain doesn't tell you when you ought to stop. Pain is the little voice in your head that tries to hold you back because it knows if you continue, you will change. Don't let it stop you from being who you can be. Exhaustion tells you when you ought to stop. You only reach your limit when you can go no further.

-unknown

"Pain in temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-douglas adamns.

Edited by MOX News

I've returned here with anime quotes, specifically from my favourite mad scientist, Okabe Rintarou or as he prefers to be called, Hououin Kyouma:

"History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish."

"Theories are nothing more than words. Accept what you've seen."

"Theories are nothing more than words. Accept what you've seen."

Also from our famous Ryuzaki, or L:

"Risking your life and doing something that could easily rob you of your life are exact opposites."

And don't forget our Lelouch:

"If happiness had a form, what would it look like? It might be something like glass, because one doesn't notice it normally. However, it is actually there. As proof, if you look at it from a different angle, the glass will reflect light. It will state it's presence and existence more eloquently than any other thing in this world."

"To defeat evil, I shall become an even GREATER evil."

"Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot."

"Those with power, fear us! Those without power, seek us!"

"Destroy the world, to create it anew."

Ah. Got caught up in this. x_x

• Brohoof 1