Your favourite quotes.

"I'm not a snob - ask anyone. Well, anyone who matters."  - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

"The weak are more likely to make the strong weak than the strong are likely to make the weak strong." - Marlene Dietrich

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hahaha funniest quote ever:

"I'm going to take a pillow case...  and fill it..  full of bars of soap and beat the shit out of you."

-Brennan Huff/Will Ferrell

1:10

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 2

"Today, give a stranger a smile. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day." ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"Don't change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love you." ~Positive wow

"Most of the things you worry about never happen!" ~Positive wow

"Quiet people have the loudest minds." ~Stephen Hawking

"Never stop dreaming. Follow the omens." ~Paulo Coelho

"You are not alone, young dragon." ~The legend of Spyro

"In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take, the realtionships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make."

• Brohoof 4

"Quiet people have the loudest minds." ~Stephen Hawking

Can't begin to express how true this is. I'm silent outside while thousands of songs and ideas and concepts whiz by my mind every single day.

Oh, one of my "course mates" in Roscoff said this Sunday during dinner, I'll try to translate from French. We were talking about how little sun there was, how cold and cloudy Roscoff is, that is was impossible therefore to get sunburn here.

"If you lay on the beach, stark naked, and stay there for... like, two weeks... you MIGHT begin to get a little red."

• Brohoof 2

"I just don't know what went wrong"  :DD

"Thiiiiis iiiis whiiiiiiining.."

"When Trixie Is through, the only thing they'll call you is loser"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"

"...gaze upon,an even greater and powerfuler Trixie!"

I've got a few quotes that I like. Mostly from anime or video games.

This world is made of...LOVE AND PEACE! - Vash the Stampede

It's all a matter of perspective... - Optimus Prime

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The current signature of @, is a bunch of rather meaningful and deep theories about cheese and Sparta.

"If I have ten icecubes and three cheese its, how can the moon rotate around Sparta?

My theory: In the old times, before Sparta was a powerful force, a Russian Spetsnaz agent was inserted into Greece. He had killed the cesars to gain power and now... THIS IS SPARTA is a huge thing, but so is Gangnam Style.

New Theory: Psy was sent to Russia to be trained as a Spetsnaz soldier so he would be the one to be sent to Greece. So the ceasars are dead, but ceasar is ALSO a type of salad...

New New Theory: Ceasar salad is composed of simple ingredients... one of which is cheese... but not the same cheese used in Cheese Its... therefore the ceasars and the Cheese It company have been fighting for millenia over which cheese is better, but cheese needs to be cooled.

Theory 3: The Spartans served the king, this king must have wanted something cold to cool his drinks. Therefore he hired Master Cheif, a SPARTAN, to build something to cool his drink. This is why halo and the USNC use cyro chambers, the invention of John.

Therefore John, Master Cheif, is a Spartan, wait we were not discussing this... K then.

Also I rediscovered a sheet where I had put some Issun quotes, but I think I posted them here before.

(edited)

Some of mine-

"It need's to be about 20% cooler" -You know who

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything your going to do! STRANGE ISN'T IT!?" -Sonic the hedgehog

"Be excellent to each other. PARTY ON, DUDES!" -Bill and Ted

"Your going to have enough time living in a van down by the river when...YOUR LIVING IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!" -Chris Farley

Edited by Shadowlux100

(edited)

Forgot this gem.

img-1502637-1-tumblr_m8izjnRx0C1rovz6lo1

Minus the typo, it's perfect.

"Each night Father fills me with dread / When he sits on the foot of my bed; / I'd not mind that he speaks / In gibbers and squeaks, / But for seventeen years he's been dead..."

-thread maker's status

My personal favorites:

"You can't always trust quotes on the internet"

-Abraham Lincoln

img-1502637-1-tumblr_mlgynidQ7p1r7ksqyo1

"You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you since I know everything your going to do! STRANGE ISN'T IT!?" -Sonic the hedgehog

omg Sonic the movie, I'd forgotten about it. Here, lemme contribute.

"SHUT UP TAILS!" -Sonic's words of wisdom to Tails calling for help while he's trying to sunbathe

"FINE, don't blame me when this happens!" *pokes crystal-ball-thingy which explodes* -Dr Robotnik's rational reaction to everyone falling asleep to his lecture

"WHOAH, I'M AFRAID OF LIGHTNING!" -Tails hugging Sonic after a lightning strike somewhere close

"Why did you give me a wedding dress?" -Sarah displaying incredible intelligence as usual

Edited by Feather Spiral

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss

A lot of people could learn from this quote.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

(Grrr 100 characters minimum)

Edited by Vermillion
  • Brohoof 1

Action films are an extension of Greek myths which have been around since Homer`s The Iliad. Everybody`s life has some mythical quality. You struggle against obstacles, you fight to get to a higher level and there are great loves. With an action film its just more apparent. That`s why people will always love action movies.

-Dolph Lundgren

I like this one.

The one below is pretty funny:

My problem is that people get intimidated by someone big and beautiful like me. They hate to think I can be smart as well.

-Dolph Lundgren

The Blues Brothers

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Elwood: They're not gonna catch us. We're on a mission from God.

Metal Gear Solid 4

Snake: I'm no hero... Never was. I'm just an old killer... Hired to do some wet work.

Colonel Roy Campbell: War is to the 21st century what oil was to the 20th; the pillar that supports the global economy.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This speech makes me cry so hard every time i listen to it.

I have been peaceful. I have been kind. I only dared to speak what others have been dreaming for so long. I had dreams too; dreams of what might have been; where blood was simply blood and all of us were equal. If wishing for that is heresy, then yes, I deserve to die. I’ve seen acts of the most sublime kindness and the most vile cruelty. They say powerful beings find anger when they have no room for love. What made you so? Are you scared of change? Scared of those who are different? I realize I am different than you. I have known feelings that none of you can never hope to know! I have known the camaraderie of a friend who supported me against all odds. I have known the compassion of a guardian who took me in when no others would and raised me to dream and hope. I have known a love and passion that transcended definition. There’s no use hiding it now. You all can see me for what I am: The Signless. The Sufferer. The Mutant. My blood burns brightly for all to see. It is the flame of a revolution you can not ever hope to quell! "

-The Sufferer.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

OcZ8y8F.jpg

I LIKE THIS THREAD.

So, here's some of my favourite quotes:

"All great movements are popular movements. They are the volcanic eruptions of human passion, and emotions, stirred into activity by the ruthless goddess of distress, or by the torch of the spoken word, cast into the midst of the people."
-Adolf Hitler

"I was having a shit" [sic

-Kimi Räikkönen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o

"You don't create me. I am me."
-John Lydon

"Saatanan tunarit!" (translates roughly out to "Fucking duffers")
-Urho Kekkonen

"I never thought being obnoxious would get me where I am today"
-Billie Joe Armstrong.

"Soy un perdedor. I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?"
-Beck Hansen

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"The apple does not roll far from the tree."

"A heart's a heavy burden." I hope to get that tattooed on me on day..

"Here's another curse for you, may all your bacon burn..."

"Once you meet someone, you never forget them. Even though it may be hard to remember." 

"That can't be good for the table..."

"These days, there are angry ghosts all around us. Dead from wars, sickness, starvation,

and nobody cares. So..you say you're under a curse. So what, so's the whole damn world."

"Take root in the ground, live in harmony with the wind, plant your seeds in the winter

and rejoice with the birds in the coming of spring."

Edited by Idyll Wisp
  • Brohoof 1

"Hurrah boys, we've got them! We'll finish them up and then go home to our station" the reportedly last words spoken by Gen George A Cluster at the battle of little big horn lesson to me never start to celebrate till it's over

"Let them eat cake" - Marie Antoinette

No, she never did say that. But even though she didn't, I still really like it.

And:

"The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Been playing Super Paper Mario, and Bowser is the most adorable evil king in the gaming universe.

"What? My front gate was open?! How many times have I told these idiots?! If you're the last in, LOCK THE GATE!" (the moment his brilliant army's talent shines through)

"NO! I"M NOT SWEET!" (joining the team)

"You never seen a burly king of evil before?" (being stared at by the Cragnons)

"You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist." (words of wisdom meant for O'Chunks)

"Yeah... She's gotta be feeling lonely without her burly, awesome hubby at her side!" (when the Mario bros find him after they were separated by Dimentio)

"Are we gonna group-hug? Enough pep talks, gramps! I'm doing this for ME!" (reaction to Merlon and Nolrem telling the team to be careful before they go through the door to Bleck's dimension)

"Hey, there's no shame in being smacked down by a huge, studly boss!" (more wisdom for O'Chunks)

Oh, and here's a couple other lines.

"Men of true grit witness live what others can only see on crag-vision." -Flint Cragley

"If I wanted to laugh, your face is inspiration enough!" -Mr.L showing his affection for Dimentio (before being sent to the Underwhere as Luigi)

Edited by Feather Spiral

Right now I can think of two
Villian: "Why.....Everything you hold dear is lost! why do you keep fighting?"
Hero: "because I got something worth fighting for!"

(A droid and a hero are stuck on a desert, the hero is on his last brick of sanity)
Hero: Hope is nothing but an illusion! Think about it, we search and search but end up in the same place! It's hopeless!
Droid: Giving up is not in my programming. I am surprised it is in yours

Hero:......you know what? you are right!

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities

“After all to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure

~Albus Dumbledore

“Girls are like apples...the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree...”

~Pete Wentz

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Shut up, Hitler" -The Tenth Doctor
"If you visit American city, you will find it very pretty; there are just things you must beware...don't drink the water and don't breathe the air!" -Tom Lehrer
"The sinners are much more fun." -Billy Joel
"The current Steph height is six-foot-seven." -Stephen Merchant
"Caroline, the Slurpee has come back to haunt me."
-beat-
"...in the toilet." -My Friend Retta
"It's like a triangle of bro! But...that part kind of fizzled a bit, so it's more of an L..." -My Friend Lucy, referring to Sherlock
"Hey it's that ninja shield surfing elf battle" -My Cousin Bridget
"CLEARLY THIS RABBIT IS GAY" -My Parents, on Winnie the Pooh
"When life gives you a sword in the face, put it on the internet." -Ryan Higa

Edited by Bluebell
  • Brohoof 1