Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm really open about it. I don't go to town often (like once a month), that's when I see everyone, go to the mall, and just hang out. I always wear a pony shirt when I do that, but then again, they are the most expensive and nicest shirts I own....although, I don't talk about it much with anyone unless someone asks. From adults who have idea that our fandom even exists, I almost always get a very negative remark about us, which is aggravating to no end.

My husband says nothing to anyone, doesn't want to wear pony shirts or any clothes that are pony. BUT, he will have very philosophical discussions about the show with me, and will not let me watch any new episode without him. The only pony thing he has that he really wanted (he demanded it when he saw it, well more like, "I'm getting this" and that was that), was a Luna Buckle Down key holder....that's the only evidence of pony he has....He's a closet brony through and through.....

(edited)

Well, my Facebook cover is of Rainbow Dash sleeping on a cloud, my screensaver and desktop wallpaper also feature RD, and I've posted pony-related things on Miiverse and deviantART.  I'm not sure anyone heard me, but today - during some MK8 matches, mic-on - I mentioned asking Rainbow Dash for luck in the next race lol (though the other racers were just my cousin and his online friend).  I just ordered an RD art nouveau shirt that I wouldn't be opposed to wearing in public.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Everyone who knows me knows I love it, I don't see it as something I should have to hide or be ashamed of, it's a genuinely decent show IMO. I may be socially anxious, uncertain on most aspects of life but I know if I like something that I should embrace it. As I don't yet own a MLP t-shirt, I wear the temporary tattoos from the card packs :)

Edited by Guest

It's weird how I establish myself as a brony in my family. They either don't care or don't notice enough or don't see it as a big deal.

And I guess it isn't...

However it really ticks me off well with my birthday around the corner and they all come up to me asking, "What do you want for your birthday?" ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Look bronies, pegasisters, trekkie ponies etc etc, all of ya, anypony here that knows me, knows I've been a pony fan since Generation 1. I love everything pony, so in theory...anything pony related I'm gonna love, except for jewelery, I can't stand jewelery. I don't have holes in my ears anymore so no to earrings, and necklaces make my neck chaf. Dunno I'm allergic to some metals on my skin with the exception of my wedding ring lol.

Point is, I'll love clothing of ponies, or accessories like pillow cases, backpacks, plushies, cups and plates, posters come on!

Is this not hint enough that I LOVE PONIES...

Honestly my husband is really the only one that understands it, since when he talks about trekkie stuff, naturally I'll talk about brony stuff. So meh... I guess the view is, the family don't care or don't notice, and the husband does lol.

• Brohoof 1

I am a fan, my family knows it and so do my friends. I am not ashamed of it or anything or keep it a secret. 

If somepony asks about my favorite show or something, I say it without a second thought.

My family finds it weird, but seem to accept it. My mom actually doesn't mind at all xD And my "friends" don't bully my for it or anything, or use it against me. Even tho they do not watch M.L.P. 

The good thing about my bronyness is that I got introduced to it by my Best Friend. Sure I laughed when he said he watches it, I honestly only knew of Generation 1 of ponies because that was the only one I actually watched one or two episodes of when I was very young, so I found it weird that he would watch it now days. But then I tried it out of curiosity, and found out about Friendship is Magic. So now we are brony pals. I also got some people into the herd from my Non-class friends[because I have no real friends in my class : P]. 

• 1 month later...

I don't hide my passion to MLP, I regularly post videos and photos on my social network.

My parents are not aware but I ordered shirts  and plush, so it would delay ^^

I had several questions of a girl friend, but not more.

I say openly  that I am a fan, if anybody asks me.

yep i do the same I don't hide my passion to MLP  :D

If I'm close to someone I'll tell them, I'm not ashamed. But the first thing I do when I meet someone  isn't "hey hows it going? You like cartoon horses too?".

I would wear clothing with ponies on it, but I don't live in the nicest of neighborhoods and I don't want to get 1.mugged 2.murdered  :lol:

I'm a closet brony and I don't have a need to tell anybody about it. I usually don't tell my parents about my favourite books or films, so there's no reason for any dramatic confessions about ponies. My friends are MLP haters, so they also don't know that I'm a brony (but I know, that one of them was a brony some time ago. I have no idea, why did he turned into a hater.)

I'm not open about it, I always make a huge deal out of it for nothing.

And I disapprove of people trying to convert others, I can see how it would be annoying to them.

I admit it if people ask.  The biggest thing I do is not take it all too seriously.  A person pokes fun at it, I joke with them about it.  What I don't do is try to stand out by saying I'm different, etc.... I'm just a 31 year old male who likes a TV show with colorful equines in it.  What continues to draw me towards bronies though is not solely the show but the fandom.  It gives me a good outlet to talk with other people.  Kinda makes the world feel a little less macabre and dark for me, especially with what's happened. 

(edited)

I live in a crappy place with some judgemental people who say if you don't watch Duck Dynasty (crappy show) then you're a bad person. But I wear some pony stuff in public sometimes. If someone asks me if it's my favorite show then I'd say: "Of all time. Yeah. Weird I know. Wouldn't you agree?" 

EDIT: I'm 14 years old and I get the whole "MLP is gaey huehuehue" thing and it gets easily forgotten.

Edited by Kilobyte_Writer9K

(edited)

I use a merit-based "trustability system" to determine whether I should tell someone that I'm a brony. In general, if I've known a person for years, consider him/her a close friend, and (s)he has proven to be a trustworthy person, I'd almost certainly tell them. Certain groups of people, such as people I already know in real life to be bronies, my siblings, and the users of this site automatically skip the trustability review.

Edited by skbl17

I'm not running round screaming: "LEL. I LURVE DA PONNNIEES!"

But its more of an "Ask and I will tell" policy.

My phone and profile online is decorated with pony, if someone asks I will tell. Curiosity is a bitch, huh?

I'm fairly open. I don't display shirts or clothing out in public, and I don't go around telling everybody I like MLP, but if someone asks, I'll tell them I do.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...