Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm still a "closet fan" in public. I don't walk around with pony gear, but if someone asked me if I liked the show, I would tell them the truth. I am, however, at the point where I am teaching my parents about the brony community. My mom's always been accepting toward it, though my dad used to be very skeptical. After several conversations about it, though, he's pretty intrigued by it and my parents come to me with questions about the fandom. So yes, I do talk openly with them about it quite a bit.

Edited by Kiara

I'm not very open about it. If it comes up in conversation, I sometimes try to make a subtle hint that I watch the show. None of my friends know. The only person who knows is my mom, lol.

I also don't wear pony merch or any of that. I don't really wear merch in general so.

I only talk about ponies on the internet. I don't say a word about it to anyone I know irl aside from my sister who showed me the show. Part of me feels really guilty that I'm into this show since it's not meant for me but something continues to draw me to it. Of course it doesn't help that the character I like the most and relate to the most is probably the most hated character in the fandom. I don't care. I still love ya Spike. 

Edited by Rocky

It's a secret to everybody... except my sister. She's a lunatic, so she's in no position to judge me.

The only other person I might be willing to tell is my mother. She's a geek, so she might be accepting of it. My other sister is a G1 MLP fan, but also a G4 MLP hater, so I would never tell her, and my father would just be disturbed by it, so there's no reason to tell him.

I don't talk about it but it's pretty easy to find out if looks my Youtube or steam little bit ''deeper''. But I don't admit it right away, I have stock of excuses to everything. :blush:

Only 2 of my friends know about it. one non-brony and one brony. My parents don't know, but I don't think they would think anything bad about it even they would know. And my older sister, She will never know.

I'm very open about it, actually. Being a girl, I guess people don't see it as TOO strange, but I have come across some people judging me for watching a show for little kids.

My parents are just the ones that keep telling me not to decorate my room in ponies because they say I'll grow out of it even though the show means an awful lot to me. That's the only reason I wouldn't tell anyone. Other than that, I've had a good experience telling others I love the show.

• 1 month later...

I am fairly open about being a brony. I mostly go to work and back home, but everyone at work knows about my brushable ponies I bring on every shift that stays in my work area. In short if someone ask I'll reply, "Yes I'm a proud Brony".

It's pretty much on a need-to-know basis atm. If someone was to catch me watching an episode I wouldn't deny it (I'm nearly applejack bad at lying) but would rather not tell many people.

That said, if there was a quiz with mlp questions at school or something (because I don't know) I would abandon secrecy and give all I know. Even if there is no prize.

• Brohoof 1

Well for me, Im kinda in the middle.

Let me explain.....

So I  am not open about ponies, but just not subtle enough to be 'subtle'. Most of my phone/ computer backgrounds are mlp related, but look something like the pics below. If someone asked me if I watched mlp I would say 'yes' without hesitation but not to my younger siblings.

The problem the problem stems from being 15 and having four younger siblings 2 of which I share a room with. Not to mention the fact that my computer is in our living room with everyone else, something I very much despise. I would be more open about it if I did not have siblings, I have a feeling if hey found out things would kinda spiral out of control.

I have already told my mom I like and watch mlp  the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Uh, hey mom?"

Mom: "Huh"

Me: "You know that show My little Pony that my sister watched a while back?"

Mom:Mom turns around in her computer chair and looks at me "Yeah"

Me: I hesitated for a moment

Mom: "Spit it out" she said quickly

Me: "I, uh, wanted to preemptively tell you that I genuinely enjoy the show"

Mom:"Seriously?" She said in flat, level tone.

Me: "Seriously"

Mom: "Ok then" she turns her chair back to her desk

Mom: "Just dont tell your dad, he cares allot more about those kinds of things than I do"

post-36199-0-00858300-1453927551_thumb.jpg

post-36199-0-04184900-1453927567_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Other than my parents, few other people know about me liking horses. I'm only open about an aunt for personal reasons. I don't wear merchandise either, then again, I don't wear merchandise at all

• 5 months later...