Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you think the ponies are? (G4)

Pinkamena111

How old are the ponies?  

9 users have voted

1. 1. How old are the mane six?

• over 18
  2. 2. How old are the cutie mark crusaders?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2021-10-27 at 05:45 PM

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned

Main 6 are in there twenties, possibly early 30's for the older ones around the last season. They all have jobs and responsibilities at the beginning of the show.

The CMC are like 8-13 ish. Honestly... they probably should be teenagers by the end of things. We see sweetie bell at age 5 and she's a lot smaller than she is now.

Edited by Kadeda

• 2 weeks later...

A long time ago, I perceived the Mane 6 as teenagers for some reason ( around 14-17). Eventually, I realized they're definitely adults. :derp:

I believe that Rarity is the oldest because she was the only pony to have graying hair in The Last Problem, though I know that graying hair can happen at different ages in reality.

I think Twilight may be the youngest because of how the the rest of the Mane 6 seemed farther along in life than her (at the start of the series). Plus I like the idea of the "leader" being the youngest.

I think the ponies aged a few years over the course of the series, but here are the ages I generally think of them as, in order from oldest to youngest:

Rarity: 25
Fluttershy: 24
Applejack: 23
Pinkie Pie: 23 (several months younger than AJ)
Rainbow Dash: 21
Twilight Sparkle: 20

With the Cutie Mark Crusaders, I used to think they were around 5-6, but there was that episode showcasing Sweetie Belle when she was ACTUALLY 5. However, she can't be more than a few years older than 5 in that episode, because she didn't seem to be self-aware looking back on how silly she looked in that make-up and outfit. So I think the CMC were all around 7-8 at the time of For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have always assumed that the Mane Six started off as teenagers during at least the first few seasons, due to a theory Digibrony (back when that was her Youtube name) made back in like 2012 and because of how the Equestria Girls versions were teenagers. Its totally plausible that teenagers are expected to live out on their own in Equestria and get jobs, since it is such a different society than ours with less technology. Check out the video below if you wish, its an interesting theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drs5eGChwc0

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the start of the series, I would put the Mane 6 at:

Twilight- 18
Rarity- 21
Rainbow Dash - 17
Fluttershy- 20
Pinkie- 19
AJ- 19

And the CMC at about 5 years. Twilight being 18 makes it fitting for her to continue her studies at what I have to assume is about college-leveled, and the CMC just seem to be young elementary-age to me lol. Then towards the end, when they all have careers basically but before the final episode, I'd day:

Twilight - 28
Rarity - 31
Rainbow Dash - 27
Fluttershy- 30
Pinkie - 29
AJ- 29

And the CMC as 15ish. I think a 10-year span is fair enough for how the show progressed :) Honestly a bit of a lowball, considering Twilight becomes crown ruler of equestria after running a school (and the rest of the 6 being professors, essentially), RD is a full-fledged wonderbolt, Fluttershy builds and owns her own sanctuary, Rarity is expanding her boutique to multiple cities... and then Pinkie and AJ kinda doing the same thing as before, but still. Loads of character growth. I'd also assume the CMC are at least young teens when they basically start running a counseling service.

That's just my interpretation, though :BrightMacContent: As for Spike.... I guess he goes from Baby Dragon to preteen dragon? I mean, he technically goes through puberty. but he's still tiny lol, so I'll just say he goes from 7 ish to 13 ish, since dragons age slower

• Brohoof 2

While the show didn't confirm their actual age, but here's my interpretation:

Twilight: 22

Pinkie Pie: 23

Rainbow Dash: 21

Applejack: 23

Rarity: 22

Fluttershy: 24

CMC: Apple Bloom (9), Sweetie Belle (8), Scootaloo (10)

Spike: 7

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't thought about actual ages of everyone in awhile but here we go.

At the beginning...

Twilight: 21 (Feels like she's fresh out of college working on her thesis to me.)

A.J.: 23 (One of the older one if not oldest. She mentioned being the last in her class to get a cutie mark.)

Rarity: 24 (She also mentioned getting her cutie mark late. She's also the only one to have grey hair coming in in the future.)

Pinky: 22 (No real reason, she acts young but her younger model looked about the same size as Rarity and A.J. I got a feeling she's older than she seems.)

Fluttershy: 23 (She mentioned she was a year older than Pinky. She was also the biggest of the main 6 when they all got cutie marks. I think the cutie mark event happened 10 years ago so the math adds up. Her parents look like grandparents and she has a younger brother whose at least college age in season 6.)

Rainbow: 19 (She was the youngest, first in her class to get cutie mark. She was the smallest when they all got cutie marks by... a lot. Also... In season 4, she has a birthday. The candles that we can see counted to 21. I would assume she turned 21 in season 4 episode 12 Pinkie Pride. This would also add up with Season 1-3 being 1 year as Celestia does the Summer Sun Celebration again at the beginning of season 4.)

Spike: 10 (I think he's slightly older than the CMC.)

CMC: 8 (Sweetie bell is significantly smaller then we even first see her on her 5th birthday so any age lower than this seems like a stretch.) 

At least eight or nine years pass because of how many heartwarming days are mentioned throughout the show... not to mention the ones that may have not been mentioned.

At the end...

Twilight: 30

A.J.: 32

Rarity: 33

Pinky: 31

Fluttershy: 32

Rainbow: 28

CMC: 17 (Probably should have changed models around Season 7 or so.)

Spike: 19 (Dragon age pretty slowly.)

And there you have it from me. All speculation but the best I can do with what I remember.

Bonus: Starlight, Trixie.

I think Starlight and Trixie are most likely older than the main 6.

Season 1 Beginning...

Starlight: 26 (Her and Starburst seem to talk about school and college and like it was a long time ago. She also controlled the village for years. Her father talked about her leaving her room like a angsty teen. probably around 17. Her dad looks older than the other parents in the show as well.)

Trixie: 26 (She's been a traveling magician for awhile and even known as a powerful magician when we meet her. Same here with her dad, while the other main 6 parents look the same age as them... hers looks older.)

End

Starlight: 35

Trixie: 35

To be fair... The Starlight and Trixie arguments are bare and you could easily say that... Trixie started crazy young or Sunburst just flunked out of school recently but I just went with why I think they are older.

That's about it... might be remembering some stuff wrong tho.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, this depends if we are talking about pony years or human years. The mane six are adult horses so realisticly, they'd be 5 to 7 years old, and the CMC would be 1 to 3 years old. But if in terms of human age, the mane six would be in their 20's and the CMC would be 8 to 12ish.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always thought of the Mane 6 as young adults. They're obviously not very old, but for the most part (yeah, there are exceptions for each of them :please:), they act quite maturely. And I think Celestia sending a group of kids on such dangerous missions would reflect very badly on her. :ButtercupLaugh:

It's harder to say about the CMCs, I'd guess they're around ten (maybe slightly younger at the start and older in the final seasons).

• Brohoof 2