Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your opinion on the leak of Halo 4 [SPOILER FREE]

Bucky McGillyCuddy

So if you haven't heard yet. Halo 4 has been leaked and the full game is available on some P2P sites. I'd known about the leak for a couple of days now but decided that i wasn't going to spoil it for myself by watching any leaked gameplay footage. But i was scrolling through my Facebook news feed today when i came across someone who thought it would be a good idea to give away the ending of the game in a "At the end of halo 4......." style post. This has pretty much ruined the next few weeks up until Nov 6 (when it was scheduled to be released) for me. I'll probably be thinking about it everyday up until then.

Personally i'd like to see the person who leaked it found and prosecuted to the full extent of the law but what about you guys? Do you hate it when games you want to buy are leaked or do you not care about it?

IGN has released a brief video on the topic with a few handy ways to avoid spoilers for those of you who have Twitter accounts which I thought i'd share below.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFbxWEghIs

My opinion? Not much, but I do find the people who are playing torrented versions of the game online to be quite......funny. Apparently MS is dropping the perma-ban hammer on these fools and rightfully so. Hell, don't ban them for stealing the game, just ban them for that extreme stupidity.

• Brohoof 1

I am flabbergasted that people would actually disregard common sense and play the game online before it's release date. Game companies keep a very tight list of who does and does not get access to the game early (IE reviewers and QA team mostly). Ban them, get rid of them, keep fighting the good fight 343 and Microsoft.

My problem with the leak is that people will then start posting spoilers everywhere. Fortunately I haven't accidentally stumbled upon any spoilers for Halo 4 yet and I intend to keep it that way.