Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Encounters with irritating bronies?

Clarity

The 'bad' encounters I've had with 'bronies' would still be the same things that annoy me that non-bronies do.

I just don't like people who in general do _____.

Bronies or not it bothers me and there is all kinds in the world.

~

My first encounter was before I even was a brony. On one of my Sonic forums I was an admin on before I retired, there were two members in particular who did absolutely nothing but post pony memes, make stupid jokes regarding ponies, and bringing up pony references twenty-four seven on the forum, and it's chat. This left a bad taste in my mouth, so to speak, about the fandom as a whole, because I didn't experience the true, good side of the fandom. It was probably due to those two why I didn't willingly watch an episode or two out of curiosity until months and months later. I might have gotten into it sooner if it weren't for them xD

Well, on youtube I guess. Sucks 'cause it seems the minority of us are the ones who represent us the most. Thus, everyone thinks we are just a bunch people shouting "ERMERGERD, MLP IS DER BEST THING EVUR!" all over the world...

IRL, none. In fact, I haven't met a single brony yet. I'm force to believe i'm the only brony in my entire sad little depressing town. Definately moving back to Kansas when I graduate college...

Overzealous bronies? Oh yeah, this site have a whole buckets of them. They will try to defend their views on the show no matter what the costs, even if it is their own dignity. I have seen quite some case where some will say "X is my waifu!! back off!"

*shiver*

About the "Love&Tolerate" subspecies, we also have some in this site, but not much. Those who dare to show their ugly heads are bashed immediately.

Those who ponify everything... They mostly lurk on Deviantart and furaffinity.

Well, you said it. The whole, "Love & Tolerate" crowd and by that I mean those who use it as an excusee to act like asses in general. I'm cool with the idea, but not the dumbed down side of it.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

"X is my waifu!! back off!"

;~;

Well, I didn't say the last part. :P

Anyway--you all know what I mean by "bad." Okay, so it's just my opinion of what the bad part of bronydom is. I never said cloppers were bad--I meant the ones who make bronies look bad because they use ponies in everything.

• Brohoof 2

Cloppers are bad. There, I say it. I'm also a clopper, and I'm not proud of it. I won't claim that all cloppers should be respected and allowed to announce their clopper-ism to the world. If you like to clop, please keep the fact to yourself. Nobody here want to know your preferences in sex material.

Well, I didn't say the last part. :P

Dude, I'm not referring to you :*

If you never said that, then you have nothing to worry about :P

Edited by Star Weaver
  • Brohoof 1

Cloppers are bad. There, I say it. I'm also a clopper, and I'm not proud of it. I won't claim that all cloppers should be respected and allowed to announce their clopper-ism to the world. If you like to clop, please keep the fact to yourself. Nobody here want to know your preferences in sex material.

Dude, I'm not referring to you :*

If you never said that, then you have nothing to worry about :P

You're a clopper?

............I would've never figured it out.............huh, I learn somethin' everyday.

I never really meet the "bad" parts of the fandom. I've seen a troll who masqueraded as a "clopper" on YouTuber and said something rather disturbing stuff, but he wasn't a real fan or something like that, so.......yeah.

I should mention that while I do respect cloppers, I don't think they should announce it right away. Not without determining 100% if it's right to say it or not. It's not exactly the best image for us when people think we jerk it to candy-colored ponies :P.

Edited by Other Spazzy
  • Brohoof 3

I've seen a couple total sociopaths that were bronies, I'll leave it at that, some of you that remember the shape I was in when I showed up at the forums might know to an extent what I'm talking about.

But thanks to some inspiration from Highlander I've come to learn and accept that that human race as whole is like that, I mean there's evil people that we can't help, and we have to accept that. But, it's stupid to look at someone who merely suffers from some vices with the same kind of unforgiving judgement, because none of us are perfect saints in the end, we wouldn't be human if we were.

Xbox Live. Oh my goodness, do I run into these kind of bronies. It's quite annoying; always getting messages saying "BROWNIEZ YUNITE /) /) /) /) /) BROHOOF /) /) /) /) /)"

Also, it's not very fair to label them as "bad". It's kind of a personality trait, and saying one kind of personality is better than another is really just an opinion.

I totally agree on that one. Many people put team names as something that has to do with this show. Also Team Fortess has alot of bronies on there so yeah. Bronies are all over the video game world. :)

I don't think any of us here is saying that cloppers are good. We'd actually rather the thing not get spread out. But that's because there are some people out there who seriously put R34 in our faces, just like how they might ponies in everyone's faces.

To me, cloppers are people like any other. With a rather...."distinct fetish" for lack of a better phrase, but that's about it. I'm pretty there are cloppers out who aren't proud of what they are. But hey, it's the bastard mind and body. Not much one can do about that.

But it's still difficult to judge it correctly anyway without being slightly biased. I say, the best we can do is tell the cloppers to NOT show it straight to our faces like photos from a wallet...and see where it goes from there. It is bad luck that with the subject in question, AKA cartoon ponies from a show that's for little girls in theory, the people who severly hate us or want to make us look bad will easily go look into the dark corners. And since internet isn't exactly known for hiding things, worse, and more because there are the cloppers who like showing it around.

I don't like saying that cloppers are bad (like for example you, which I would rather hit myself before doing so). Because that would admit that they are bad themselves. IT'S A DAMN HUMAN THING. If one can't learn to respect that...mercy on your soul. If one feels guilty, then just by admitting it's a great thing. You don't have to like it. It's there, sadly, but it's the fact you acknowledge it. I'd rather you didn't call youself bad because of it, but you do what you want. :)

• Brohoof 6

Hmmmm.... Mainly Youtube really. I have seen some on other forums though. Well, really it depends on what you consider the "bad" part fo the fandom to be. For me, and like many of you too, its really all those super zealots and stupid hypocritical douches i see. Like those 'white knights' As someone else put it. I don't feel like describin' them you all know who I'm talkin' 'bout.

To be honest though, i was one of those 'white knights' when i came to the fandom. But that was just was just cuz its in my nature to defend what i believe in. I was just stupid enough to argue with such insigificant trolls.

As for cloppers, i guess i should say my opinion on the matter since theres seems to be a debate going on it. I... well... i don't see them as bad really. The only time i see it as bad is if i see people shovin' the pics into others faces, or if people find it accidently or unintentionally. Espiecially children. Its just... look, i don't care if you like the stuff, that your thing. Just for the love of God don't spread the stuff around and plz keep it to yourself. As long as they do that I'm ok it with it. Thats all i'm gonna say on that matter.

I haven't really met any overzealous fans. The most that I've seen that can be considered "bad" are people who are too opinionated for their own good, people who don't know how to ignore obvious trolls, people who are TERRIBLE at arguing their point, and people who assume too much.

Pretty much your standard for what makes up the majority of stupid people in general.

Gentlemen, I have seen THE worst part of the fandom. The butthurt people. These are the people who can never take a joke seriously and bitch and whine about it causing troll bait.

But one of the worst encounters of these disgraces to humanity was on a video of a guy on youtube who goes by the name OLDSACKS. On one of his videos called "Magician Heavy's party pooping skills", it said ponies on it. And you know what, these 12 year olds decide to bash on the video. This got so out of hand that OLDSACKS had to reupload the video and replace it with "peanuts". And in the comments section, you could see OLDSACKS raging on the comments. I can now conclude that he HATES bronies now.

But many more of these have happened, and this becomes troll-bate. These people make the sonic fanbase look like gods. Why can't some people just shut up and enjoy what they're watching? If I posted something, anything, and a bunch of butthurt bronies would bash on me, I swear I would strangle a puppy. That is how much I despise these people.

Posted Image

• 2 years later...

Never encountered the "love and tolerance" thing... like at all.

However, I use to have a good friend until he exploded on me all of a sudden because I told him I was fond of Pinkie Pie. Like I stole his waifu or some stuff like that, "LOOK WHAT YOU DONE!" was his exact words after a solid minute of stuttering.

I didn't laugh, it was kinda sad.

Uhhhhh i've told this story before so grab your popcorn and get ready for a tale about the nightmare brony

Okay So me and my girlfriend woke up slightly hung over and we decided to go out to eat so without thinking i just grabbed my discord shirt and some jeans. We decided to go to our favorite cafe (My girlfriend btw does not really know too much about the whole brony thing) so we are sitting down when i hear "Hey!" and see a guy wearing a pinkie pie shirt, neckbeard, fedora the whole shabang walking over to us. He gets to us and basically just starts up a completely one sided conversation with me about MLP going on and on about it and even at one part starts singing the theme song and first i'm hung over to begin with and i'm just facepalming myself like omg go away but i did not want to be rude, but then he invites himself to take a seat and joins us....................... now idk if this guy had some kind of disorder but who does that? and his smell omg, this guy has not showered in a while until my girlfriend snapped and told him to go away so we were left in peace but now i have to explain what that was all about lol.

But its not that bad i showed my girlfriend the show when we got home and ended up cuddling in bed watching every ep lol

• Brohoof 1

Never ran into any bronies like so. I did run into a good amount of closet bronies or bronies not trying to show that they're bronies, but that's completely unneeded info on this topic. I probably only met 1 brony who yelled love & tolerate in the middle of the street. 

Of course I did. Almost everywhere. Spreading "love and tolerance" is fandom-spam. And then, I find bronies fighting back haters irritating too.

If this isn't horrible enough, check the most downvoted images on MLP:FiM gallery on KYM. Then there comes the 90-percent-of-the-brony-community comments.

• Brohoof 1

I've found both, those who misunderstand the meaning of love, which I don't actually blame them for, since it's rather complex, yet simple. And haters too!

In some situation, I've reacted aggressively towards the "love and tolerance" group, so to bring them into balance. Many of them use this as a shield. There's a whole Earth of difference between being Love, and using love as some kind of pretext. Getting the vibe here, do you get it? Where there's true Love, there's also acceptance, which means you're not constantly shoving this into other's faces.

In most situation, I acted friendly towards the "hating" people. Again, trying to bring them into balance too. Getting rid of your stress and frustration, throwing your pain against other people, nasty behaviour. Why would I react aggressively? Hateful people is already miserable.
Although sometimes, the emotional blockade is so huge, that I needed to break them down, emotionally speaking, in order to start a healing process. Those damn shields made of nonsense. Despite their age, behind there is a child, full of fear.

Finally, when I see someone who is really tolerant and loving in nature. I don't usually say anything at all, but inside I'm like "You're amazing" while smiling.

I've run into quite a few bronies who were either creepy, irritating, or both. My high school was full of a ton of super obnoxious freshman bronies who would try to insert MLP into literally EVERYTHING EVER, it was pretty embarrassing to see. One of my neighbors who is a couple of years younger than me who I also went to high school with was also super opinionated with MLP and took it way too seriously. He would literally get offended if you didn't think Pinkie Pie is the best pony.

As for creepy bronies, I've fortunately only encountered one and it wasn't in real life. One of my former friends had an online relationship with this stereotypical neckbearded brony (turns out she was only dating him cause he bought her stuff), but he literally thinks that Rarity is his waifu. It's pretty cringe worthy.

• Brohoof 1

Every single individual in this music video. Yes, even the girl.

Made in Denmark. lol, give me a break.

Edited by Guest