Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming [Gaming] The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Ron Jeremy

Eh, I jump classes alot. Although, I'm pretty good with Heavy, Engy, Medic, and Pyro. I do ok with Scout, Soldier and Demo...Spy depends on if I'm having an off day or not.

(edited)

I can play Sniper, Scout, and Medic. I'm not so good with Soldier.

Would you actually be interested in building a team to compete in the Highlander Open ? :P

Doesn't matter if there's a class you can't play anyway here.

Edited by Shawns

(edited)

@@

Well if you're interested in joining a tf2 team the first thing you should do is make an account on etf2l.org and make a recruitment post for yourself. Then you can contact div 6 teams looking for main/sub players. It always helps to get a few merc games as well, adding to your counter of official games played and making you more viable to join a team.

Do not underhestimate how good you have to be to join a team though. I could add you on steam for a moment and show you a few things, but div 6 is really not 'easy' as a lot of people seem to think. At least, it's still pretty tough to win it...

DON'T start as medic. I BEG YOU, it will not work. Get at least about 20/25 official games and around 100 lobbies/mixes, and play at least one season. Otherwise medic is illegal grounds for you. I'm sorry, but this is just the truth.

I played platinum soldier as a pocket, so I think I know what I am talking about when I say that getting into competitive tf2 is relatively easy when you stick around long enough and get some experience.

Good websites:

http://www.ugcleague.com/

http://www.etf2l.org/

http://rc.tf2center.com/

Would you actually be interested in building a team to compete in the Highlander Open ?  :P

Doesn't matter if there's a class you can't play anyway here.

If you want I could help out a little with creating that team.
Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove

Thanks for the infos. I already have an account on etf2l for more than a year now, so no problem.

Then as I said, playing an etf2l season is impossible for me at the moment, as I don't have the time for it, studies come first.

I honestly think I'm good enough tho, I'm kind of a wanker usually (<<<: )but I play a lot of DM and am doing fine. Here :

Thanks for offering your help btw, but I have no idea if Late Suri Polomare would be interested in trying comp so... :P

Just gonna seek one for myself for the moment being. c:

Edited by Shawns

(edited)

@@Scribblegroove

Haha I always wondered if I could be a good maincaller :D

Since I'm french, I must probably be a maincaller just as good as KnoxXx. B)

Regarding the gamesense, I know it can't be acquired easily, but I still think I have at least a bit of gamesense. Just a very little bit. <:

Edited by Shawns

Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time to be playing in a team...my parents think it's enough to play TF2, but to get completely involved with it...

I pretty much can't buy anything or do anything to sponsor it, since my dad works for a gaming company that is literally enemies with Valve.

(edited)

Unfortunately, I don't think I have the time to be playing in a team...my parents think it's enough to play TF2, but to get completely involved with it...

I pretty much can't buy anything or do anything to sponsor it, since my dad works for a gaming company that is literally enemies with Valve.

The Highlander Open happens during this summer only, so you would get involded with it just for a short period. I'm not talking about buying anything or being sponsored either, but if you don't wanna play, that's your choice, I understand. :P

Edited by Shawns

I play this gane a lot, almost 300 hours played so far! I use Scout/Engi. Fully cosmetic load outs with stranges worth a bit. I used to use Pyro/Sniper, having almost a hales own in the sniper but ended up getting rid of it. I also use medic from time to time. If anyone ever feels like playing message me on the forums or add me on steam xP

The Highlander Open happens during this summer only, so you would get involded with it just for a short period. I'm not talking about buying anything or being sponsored either, but if you don't wanna play, that's your choice, I understand. :P

What I meant is that I can't get too involved with TF2, since it's made by Valve, who also made DoTA 2, which directly competes with League of Legends. That's where the rivalry comes in.

What I meant is that I can't get too involved with TF2, since it's made by Valve, who also made DoTA 2, which directly competes with League of Legends. That's where the rivalry comes in.

I honestly don't see the logic behind it, since you're just one player amongst thousands and thousands of daily players, it's not like it's gonna matter if you play it a lot imo. Anyway, it doesn't matter, just have fun playing the game casually :P

I'm sure that both companies are equally willing to accept your money.

I'm sure that both companies are equally willing to accept your money.

I think the issue is more personal. I might just be one player, but I don't want to cause issues. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing TF2, just means that I don't want to go into teams or pay money in case I cause some, like I said, "personal" problems.

I think the issue is more personal. I might just be one player, but I don't want to cause issues. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop playing TF2, just means that I don't want to go into teams or pay money in case I cause some, like I said, "personal" problems.

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Are you concerned that your purchases and choices could somehow disrupt the communities comprising either game?

I'm not sure I follow your logic. Are you concerned that your purchases and choices could somehow disrupt the communities comprising either game?

No, what I meant by personal was that the issue I previously mentioned before might be more inclined to my family's opinion. It doesn't really matter what I do in the massive gaming world, but some people I know closely would see it differently.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, has anyone on here got any unusuals, and if so, what's your favourite? Just curious! :P I myself don't have an unusual, but rest assured someday I'll get lucky enough to inbox one (I hope)!

I love this fps to death. I main Scout and Sniper, but Pyro and Soldier are fun too.

My preffered loadouts are

Scout:

Stock Scattergun

Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol

Boston Basher

Soldier

Stock Rocket Launcher

Gunboats

Escape Plan

Pyro

Stock Flamethrower

Detonator

Axetinguisher

Demoman

Stock Grenade Launcher

Sticky Jumper

Ultra Pool Caber

Heavy

Nastacha

Sandvich

Frying Pan

Engineer

Widowmaker

Jag/Gunslinger

Wrangler

Stock pistol

Medic

Kritzkrieg

Crusader's Crossbow

Amputator

Sniper

Awper Hand/Huntsman

Razorback/Jar of Piss I-I mean Jarate

Buschwacka

Spy

The Enforcer

Stock Knife

Stock Watch/Dead Ringer

Stock Sapper.

My favorite gamemode is Capture the Flag on Double Cross.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to see what else comes with the new update.

The new video was fantastic! I loved it :3.

"This is a bucket." "*gasp* No..." "But wait, there's more."

This short is amazing. Totally worth it. The hype is real.

• Brohoof 1