Yellow Diamond

75 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I would have to say this episode was... alright at best. I mean sure, it had some pretty dark elements to it but there really wasn't as much going on as I was hoping for.

I will say though, seeing Pinkie come out of the Fluttershy costume was rather weird, but I still kind of lol'd though :lol:

All in all, I would place this episode third on my favorites list for epic two parter.

Placing it right behind Return to Harmony

The storyline in my opinion was good. It was interesting to discover that there was another, almost unknown, what should I call it? Country? City? Empire? Yes, empire that is inhabited by ponies. I didn't like Shining Armor in this episode very much, though. It was nice to have a villain again, even if the villain only lasted for a single episode.

I just realized why Sombra doesn't speak a lot. He is sitting out side of the city the entire episode and it would be a bit strange for him to just sit there and rant to himself. He was so far away from anypony he had nopony to talk to, unlike the other villains who were in every characters face.

In my opinion it is by FAR the best mlp episodess, apart from 'Hearths Warming Eve' and i love the song at the end of episode 2 also i'm really jealous of the crystal ponies, i wish i was like that

Really good episode, but I think Canterlot Wedding really kept me at the edge of my seat. But, in my opinion the seasons so far have been excellent.

I wasn't prepared for this either.

Edited by LightningDust

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All I can say, After I watched this episode

HHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG CRYSTAL PONIES?!!?!!?!?!

*POOF* A Wild OC appeared!

Yeah, I love Crystal Ponies :3 Deal With It.

~Crystal

Edited by Crystal Dancer

And also, Celestia begins every evil OC  with "1,000 years ago.."

so, I have a question for you Lauren Faust...

WHY THE HECK IS CELESTIA LOOKING SO YOUNG WHEN SHE IS CLEARLY OLDER THEN SHE LOOKS?!  WHY?!

Even Granny Smith isn't older then her...and we have our prrof in the episodes!! So why is Celestia so old, but so beautiful.

Wait..IDEEEAAA!! Does she use a magic flower to make her beautiful like in Tangled? WE KNOW YOUR SECRETS CELESTIA!! 

• 1 month later...

I thought that this episode was a relatively good one. The conflict of the Chtystal Empire and King Sombra had me on the edge of my seat.

I feel like more could have been done with the background of King Sombra though. It wasn't really explained that well, and other than that the episode was great.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering, after Sombra was defeated and after The Crystal Empire reappeared, was it annexed into Equestria? I was thinking this as it is ruled by the same monarch as Equestria.

Edited by MonoBrony

• 2 weeks later...

Um... first of all, if this is not where I post this, then please tell me becuase I'm new here.

Second of all, I kind of wanted to point out the similarities between this episode and the video game The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Well, first of all, I just really think that the evil king in this episode (Forgot his name) just looks strikingly similar to Ganondorf's horse, and that his pure evil nature is also very similar. The crystal heart looks kind of like a heart container, and, well, I'll think of more later.

• 2 weeks later...

Really badass Episode, had alot of great stuff, Crystal Ponies, Character Gag, Spike actually doing something, And most of all KING MOTHERFUCKING SOMBRA, Seriously dude, If I was a little girl i wouldnt sleep for a week because of you.

Only flaw is Shining armor and Cadence