Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever try to escape reality? And how?

Rain Dance

(edited)
44 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

IF you are on a forum site online, ESPECIALLY one about animated ponies, posting all your life advice/cynical opinions on others behaviors or just your general take on why they are who they are you are definitely experiencing some escapism from reality. It's no secret that you come here to talk to others/vent your personal feelings bc it's a safe space to do so. I love animation, I love fantasy, I love living with a sense of splendor and imagination, and I like to keep the magic alive for myself. Certain artistic outlets NEEDED. Shit just brings me happiness. You can choose to be cold/cynical but at the end of the day, you are REALLY trying to escape reality when you are hyper focused on others faults and insecurities. You can be real, but never forget to be real with yourself. We aren't all self help gurus, just another internet jabrony behind a keyboard from a different address, coming to a place that's comfortable for them online. If you had a place irl to talk about ponies, that's where you would be, at least I know I would REGULARLY.

I have a friend similar behavioural patterns, whose self-harm has turned to suicidal ideation because of too much escapism, and because his family has taken a very similar approach. Dismissing someone who is talking about seeking death, doesn't seem like the best way of action. I understand what you mean, though. But I also hope you can understand me. I did not mean to trigger anybody.

I don't really know if your reply was meant to me, so sorry if I wrongly quoted you.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

7 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

I have a friend similar behavioural patterns, whose self-harm has turned to suicidal ideation because of too much escapism, and because his family has taken a very similar approach. Dismissing someone who is talking about seeking death, doesn't seem like the best way of action. I understand what you mean, though. But I also hope you can understand me. I did not mean to trigger anybody.

I don't really know if your reply was meant to me, so sorry if I wrongly quoted you.

No you're right suicide is a VERY touchy subject, some ppl have full blown identity crisis brought on by themselves, they start "imagining" themselves as the opposite gender just to fit in a social circle online. There's a lot of unhealthy escapism that individuals undergo and they merely have themselves convinced because they have adopted a "virtual existence". I don't see a problem with having an outlet as long as the things you invest yourself in make you happy, but he's clearly unhappy, it's just OFTEN TIMES when individuals speak like this online, they are specifically LOOKING for reaffirmation and to be consoled.. being "to harsh" may ACTUALLY provoke the defeatist in him, one that in reality, is probably self loathing publicly because of loneliness and monotonous life style, not bc he's sincerely suicidal..

28 minutes ago, KingCorvus said:

No you're right suicide is a VERY touchy subject, some ppl have full blown identity crisis brought on by themselves, they start "imagining" themselves as the opposite gender just to fit in a social circle online. There's a lot of unhealthy escapism that individuals undergo and they merely have themselves convinced because they have adopted a "virtual existence". I don't see a problem with having an outlet as long as the things you invest yourself in make you happy, but he's clearly unhappy, it's just OFTEN TIMES when individuals speak like this online, they are specifically LOOKING for reaffirmation and to be consoled.. being "to harsh" may ACTUALLY provoke the defeatist in him, one that in reality, is probably self loathing publicly because of loneliness and monotonous life style, not bc he's sincerely suicidal..

I am sorry if I was too blunt. I was reminded of a personal situation that ended tragically because nobody acted when that person was trying to ask for help in the only way he could.

Now, I want you to politely understand something. In case you have any problems with me personally. This is who I am.

So, once again. If I was wrong in my guess, just ignore me. I have no problems with people ignoring me. Feel free to do it. I would be happier with that, than having to keep answering to a chain of comments that is going nowhere, because of politeness.

(edited)

Yes because reality is way too much to handle a lot of times so I may as well ignore it as best I can now.

Also, I really like to pretend I'm somewhere else than where I'm currently at now.

Edited by Pony Flutters