Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever try to escape reality? And how?

Rain Dance

Hello everypony out there! I post this cause i am starting to wonder if any off you are ever trying to escape reality, and why?

I escape reality as soon as i come home from school by getting to my computer to listen to music and write or play videogames.

• Brohoof 9

Whenever there's something stressing me or I don't want to do it, I actually use hypnosis techniques. I've been practicing hypnosis for about a year, and I just sort of think-talk a routine to myself until I feel the "symptoms" of going under. I don't do anything silly, like give myself suggestions - I just like that feeling of floating through space. Eventually, my thoughts drift back to me, and I feel calm enough to handle them, and also I have some time to think about them before I open my eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Every time I listen to music,play xbox/PC, or imaginate I escape reality. I enjoy being in my virtual/fake world, Though you shouldn't always try to escape reality.

Edited by Retro_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

Hello everypony out there! I post this cause i am starting to wonder if any off you are ever trying to escape reality, and why?

I escape reality as soon as i come home from school by getting to my computer to listen to music and write or play videogames.

I've a few ways of escaping reality if I need to. Playing on my Xbox or pc, playing music, designing something, writing watching something on my pc (I have no tv) or just chatting to friends.

For me escaping reality allows me to refresh my mind give it time to think on something else or just rest. Although sometimes it just to relieve a bit of stress, sometimes life gets a bit stressful no matter who you are.

Escape? I am almost never in this reality. I am in my "escape" track of mind nearly constantly. Though I never have physical conflicts or emotional distress, I always enjoy my time to myself. I escape by reading. As cliche as that sounds it is the truth and I usually read massive fanfictions.

• Brohoof 1

I wrote this essay explaining the kind of obvious fact of how most if not all media is a form of escapism. So in reality, everytime I get caught up in a good book, everytime I get ticked off when the Legion destroys my NCR bretheren in New Vegas, everytime I turn on an action movie to see mindless violence, everytime I turn on a cheap soap opera for who knows why and so on and so forth I am in a way escaping reality.

This place is good way to escape reality. I mean I prefer this place then my home. Music is another way I try to escape. When an acoustic songs chords sound great, you can't help but be taken to another world.

• Brohoof 2

Without some escapism I probably would have put a bullet in my head years ago, seriously real life can be very depressing sometimes. I use many different methods, video games, reading novel, comics, manga. Watching certain shows I would say the top two shows I am into now that have this affect on me are MLP which brings out my inner Pinkie Pie and the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series which makes me feel like a 6 year old boy again, since I started watching I have been diving into it like Michelangelo to a pizza. My writing also gives me an escape and though I haven't done it in a while playing the piano was a very good escape.

To escape reality i play video games, watch movies/t.v. or surf the internet for ponies. Since i have a very hyperactive imagination i sometimes write down mlp fictions with me in it. As i said one time i use MLP as a source of escapisim. Im not sure about other people though

I like like to take a break from reality with music, videos, ponies, video games, and the internet. However, I often use my imagination to escape from reality.

For example, I gotta drive 50 miles to work, I like to imagine that I'm a Star Fox pilot flying an Arwing, instead of a dude driving a car.

• Brohoof 4

@Urdnot Shepard

I like like to take a break from reality with music, videos, ponies, video games, and the internet. However, I often use my imagination to escape from reality.

For example, I gotta drive 50 miles to work, I like to imagine that I'm a Star Fox pilot flying an Arwing, instead of a dude driving a car.

DO A BARREL ROLE!!!!! lol actually don't try that, it wouldn't end well :P

• Brohoof 3

Video games are my escape if you have great headphones or a Dolby sound system that just makes the experience all the more fun and immersive. Probably one of the best moments I had was when I got my new headset with Dolby 7.1 sound ermergerd I played battlefield 3 all day and lost complete track of time.

I have two methods of escaping reality, both having to do with music. The first is listening to some fantastic classical pieces and the second is to play my clarinet. I can do either of these for ages and completely forget about everything else.

• Brohoof 1

Without some escapism I probably would have put a bullet in my head years ago, seriously real life can be very depressing sometimes.

Oh god i truly knoow this feeling. I was suicidal for almost 4 years. But yo be honest, i'm proud of myself.

Almost all my life have been very depressing i had very hard making making friends. Now i have one friend that always stands by my side in warm and cold. He have helped me through a lot of my deppresion. I can't really ever thank him enough.

Edited by Rain Dance
  • Brohoof 1

I don't feel like reality is... reality. Therefore there is no reality for me. I exist. That's it. That's all that really matters. It's kinda... difficult to even explain. It's kinda like I'm numbed to everything around me. There's no response or click that - oh! I'm alive! I feel I have no sense of time anymore, really - other than it's day... then it's night. I just don't have that sense that I'm actually alive, lol. :(

I do it all the time, and I do it through RPGs, or any video game really, I escape through FiM, and pretty much any anime. Alternate worlds are just so much more interesting than our own that why wouldn’t I escape to these places?

Oh god i truly knoow this feeling. I was suicidal for almost 4 years. But yo be honest, i'm proud of myself.

Almost all my life have been very depressing i had very hard making making friends. Now i have one friend that always stands by my side in warm and cold. He have helped me through a lot of my deppresion. I can't really ever thank him enough.

If I may just say one thing, I think everyone on this forum is your friend. I think if you reached out to any of us we’d have your back. I know I would. :)

Edited by Flying Whales

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too.

Seriously though? I gave up trying to escape reality and just accept the things I can't change for what they are.

You know I am tired

Cold and bony tired

Nothing’s gonna save me, I can see

I can’t say I’m fearful

I can’t say I’m not afraid

I am not resisting, I can see

That I don't need a heaven

I don't need religion

I am in the place where I should be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h72p8ja0_r4

I think this song sums it up pretty well.

I used to roleplay quite a lot, on games, and forums, but these days I'm so exhausted that I rarely have enough imagination in the evening to get my grammar right. A good way for me to escape reality is to just sit down, play Minecraft or Pokemon Ruby and emerse myself so deeply in the game I don't have to worry anymore.

When I am feeling more lively, I like to right, or draw. When I start drawing, it's quite difficult to get me away from my laptop.

I do it all the time, and I do it through RPGs, or any video game really, I escape through FiM, and pretty much any anime. Alternate worlds are just so much more interesting than our own that why wouldn’t I escape to these places?

If I may just say one thing, I think everyone on this forum is your friend. I think if you reached out to any of us we’d have your back. I know I would. :)

This warms my heart up greatly. But i didn't really mean that way though i know all of you are my friends! I meant a friend that i know i can trust completely in all different ways.

Yeah, I usally just listen to music and play some video games, or I go on these forums and escape reality that way. Honestly I can get to the point where I really just hate people though. I don't really think I do its just sometimes I see the things people do and it makes me hate the whole human race. I know its judgmental and not right, but I'm not perfect.

• Brohoof 1