Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever try to escape reality? And how?

Rain Dance

All the time, definitely... and somehow, my sanctuaries away from reality always felt the most real to me.

Normally I just play video games or be on these forums, though watching anime and shows like MLP and Doctor Who are also ways I escape. Listening to music while exercising isn't something I really do too often anymore, but it was one of my favourite ways back then, and it certainly helped a lot too~  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Well, when I came home dad was there and he always needed a lot of taking care of because of... things. Even here I have all my bookmarks, my photos, the stacks of papers by my computer, all the things that constantly pull you back into the "real world". So I guess school was my escapism.

Back perhaps when I was around 12, I'd have to go to my dad's on the weekends. I was never really thrilled.

The one thing I did enjoy about it was playing The Sims with my sister.

We can't be in front of the TV all the time, unfortunately.

So I had created this, (and it may sound dumb,) game of mental Sims.

I had this whole city I was dictator of, but there were no laws. I had many friends that lived there.

Sometimes I'd go about business only in my own head; sometimes, my sister and I would LARP.

I hold this realm of existence very close to my heart.

• Brohoof 1

There's 2 ways I do it, often together/.

Music is a big one for me, whether I pick up my guitar and pluck something out, or just put my iTunes library on shuffle, and relax.

The other is driving. Sometimes I'll just hop in my car, go for a drive for an hour, and just clear my mind.

Well, i escape reality in different ways, depending on the circumstances, though the ones i use the most are the following:

-Video Games. They relieve my stress, and make me completely forget my position in life. Atleast until i'm done playing games, of course.

-Music. Often when i'm alone at home, i start up my playlist on any of my devices, then lie down and listen. Its quite relaxing, as a bonus.

-I delve into my mind. Yes, i just kind of shut everything out, try to forget where i am, numb down my body, then think. And not the philosopical type of thinking. More like welcome every single weird, interesting, insane, fun thought in. Then think more about those thoughts, where i often go on tangents. Anyway, when i do this, i often forget pretty much everything, temporarily. 

I'm escaping reality nearly all the time, basically by playing games, watching videos or sleeping. Only time I am in reality is when going to school and even then I'm spacing out most of the time. I'm a real escapist, yup...

• Brohoof 1

There is a certain kind of music I like to listen to, I.E. El Mañana, Kids With Guns, Amarillo by Gorillaz, basically everything by Foster The People and SUMA, songs with that really faded sound to them, if that makes sense. No matter how heavy or upbeat they are they make me really sleepy so it's kinda like that high you feel after a day or two of not sleeping.

Most of the time i escape my reality is by Dreaming. There is always some strange, interesting Things happening. And a bonus is by Finding out the meanings to symbols in my dream i can relate to the real world and have a better understanding of my emotions and situations.

Also Playing video games i use too!

Of course, I do. I'm pretty much a run of the mill teen with an Infinite Improbability Drive. I find myself pushing that big button, often without running any calculations. Maybe I'll escape the Interstellar police, maybe I'll turn into a big shoe. When I'm bored of being at every quantum point in the universe, I'll hop in my time traveling Delorean so my mom with have the hots for me. In due time, I'll hop in my blue box, and travel both time, AND space, saving Britain hundreds of times. But who doesn't do that, I mean, we all need to get away and stand at the wrong end of a Spirit Vine Cannon sometime, right?

Yeah I do everyday :D

Video Games - The friends I've made in the competitive Mario Kart scene are way too much fun to sign off of Skype 

These Forums - Y'all have been so nice so far :( don't ever wanna leave. 

Roleplaying! Any roleplayer will tell you the same. Usually what you roleplay is what you would want in real life, or how you would like to be in Equestia. I write too, and get the same vibe. Though I do escape 'reality' with those two things, I don't hate my reality, and still pay complete attention to it. I know what needs priority and what doesn't