Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever try to escape reality? And how?

Rain Dance

Hard to say if I try to escape from it seeing as I spend most of my time residing within my own. I've always been very imaginative, a "what if" kind of guy. Most of the time I'm too busy daydreaming and considering alternatives to the way things are for some people to consider me suitably grounded in reality. There have been good and negative consequences.

• Brohoof 1

With such a boring reality (for me), who wouldn't want to escape it?

It's very easy escape reality for someone who has such a great imagination.

Music, TV, video games, and other such things can help inspire imagination and get the creative juices going.

Just don't go too far into your little made-up world. People might begin to think your crazy.

Video Games and Music have proved to be the best solutions to escaping realtiy but the best method for me is to sleep and dream. if i could have a coma on command i would just to see if i would imagine myself in another reality

Music - is great but it helps me get in a mood, I have couple moods that I like to get in. It's kind of escape but not really

Games - oh god yes! WoW is a huge part of what I define as myself. I'm not only me I'm also my char in WoW and also define myself by deeds I've done in the game. Also great escape

Shows - great escape from the reality.

In all seriousness I would rather go through the worst hell on the earth, I would rather crawl on battlefield without arms and legs than be dead. I'd rather have something bad, than completely nothing. That's not the option and I think if people could they would regret making that decision.

Cause of this topic I started to wonder what's really the true reality... I mean if 90% of my time I'm escaping from reality then stuff that I do starts to become my new reality. And I mean if all people start to escape and go to internet it simply is our new reality. It's kinda sick that everyone wants to change our reality and yet it stays the same... weird...

It's not fun to get up, go to work and comeback with low salary and just enough energy to die. What's the point of living than?

I try to stay out of this sick loop as much as I can,have fun and not care as much as I can.

I mean everyone is going through this and no one noticed or said anything about changing it !!!( I mean like politicians and media)

Also I think that virtual reality is more real than a real reality at the moment!

I stay strong, as much as I love to be out of reality, I stay also in reality and I'm going to kick some butts on the way to my perfect life. Deal with it! Hear me out, as much as our reality suck, you're the masters of your own lives. ( the proof is that you can suicide any minute)

Hah ranting ranting <3 I would like to say hi to my mum and my dog which I don't have ( Ok going to end this riiiight now)

EDIT: TV in my opinion is also wired tightly to reality so it's not escapism

Edited by ShadowSong

I escape reality a lot now that I think about it. But I usually go home and watch MLP, Pewdiepie, CryaoticMonki (Cry), listen to music, read a great book or think up little scenarioes in my head when I don't want to think about school anymore. I just love immersing myself with other things and giving myself time to relax before picking up my pencil and starting to do homework. It makes me very happy to escape for a little while. ;)

I don't try to escape reality. It's pointless. I could try to do so many things to get life out of my mind, but it would be inevitable I'd have to face up to it anyway. I just deal with it, and save myself the trouble.

I guess I can get lost in thought while playing games or listening to music, but that's about it.

I do escape reality as much as I can I put headphones on and usually just listen to some ambient sounds and close my eyes and Imagine Im living in Equestria and hanging out with the mane 6. I do this because I suffer severe anxiety attacks witch are getting worse mostly caused by stress because the price of everything is constantly increasing but the amount of money I get payed isnt. Im caught in an endless loop of loans and debt just to try and stay afloat I spend 24 hours a day worried about how Im going to be able to afford to pay the gas bill and put food in the fridge and ponys are my only escape from it. If I didnt have my rainbow dash plushie to hug and a vivid imagination I really dont think I could cope.

Reality is a mortal perception.

Yeah that should explain what I think. Reality is for people that can't escape it. I mean, heck, iit's the lack of reality that gets me a load of friends- they like seeing someone not so affected by this thing we call Reality. Escaping it is as simple for me as thinking. Literally, since something said I night have ADD, I often don't even need to think to imagine stuff. In my mind, there has been a thousand epic battles, a hundred epic (name)Brands drawn in the face of darkness, and countless Eclipse cannons fired...Also, I have a tulpa- she's often an escape. I mean Reality<Talking MLPony as my good friend. Yep. Sense.

• 1 year later...

Most of the time I just smoke some pot. 

Anyway when I want to escape reality, I just space off in to my own little world. As to why? Because in that place.. I can't be hurt by someone I love a great deal, my heart can't be broken.. I can't be told I'm a bad pony because of the things I like. 

I try my best to escape reality. Sometimes I come up with complex problems and try to solve them in my head (like battle scenarios or logistical issues), or I come up with/play out stories, or when I get home and life's really getting to me I, um, I reach for a certain substance and just let it overtake me.

I used to try escaping reality numerous times when I was young. From drawing, to writing, listening to music, and to just flat out disregarding reality as a whole and sheltering myself from most of the outside world. I was an odd child I guess you can say. I spent the majority of my childhood in my own self-conjured figments of imagination. Didn't even go outside that much. 

Thankfully those days are long gone and I now see the world for what it really is. I've recently(few years ago) come to accept the reality around me and I have absolutely no regrets in exposing myself to the nature of life as a whole. Yes it is full of pain,sadness, trials, errors, failures, broken dreams. But that is not all there is to life. I used to think that was it, but I was a very cynical child at the time. I was coping with the rather rough transition of my childishness and obliviousness to my own full understanding of the life I was actually going through. But eventually over time, I became enlighten and discovered so many wonderful things that I never had experienced before; friendship, love, beauty, adventure, and my own integrity and potential. 

In conclusion, exposing myself to the reality of all that was around me was the best thing that has happened to me. As best as I can simply put it, this revelation for me was painfully beautiful

So no, I do not try to escape reality, not anymore. I relax myself by reading, listening to music, and by praying and meditating. It calms my nerves. Especially when I'm going under some stress. But that's about it.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Hahahahahaha I like this thread topic.  Unlike a lot of people here I escape reality in the not so most legal ways.  

Dank

And

Beer

Edited by MeanBlackHawk
  • Brohoof 1

I try to escape reality every day in my life, even the forums are a way for me to escape it. I tend to get addicted to things that allow me to escape it, which is why I don't do drugs or alcohol I would end up having a problem. I spend quite a lot of time behind my computer and don't really socialize too much. I listen to music, mostly just to close off the outside world. I daydream a lot and live in my imagination, I do think a lot.

People may have remembered that I did cut myself from the outside world for a few years actually. There are a few things I like about reality but for the most part I just don't want to face reality.

I try to escape reality by throwing all my homework and required stuff into the corner, then I play videogames and listen to music and the radio, and sometimes just watch videos on youtube 'til the sun goes down. Then I end up not doing well in my classes because I neglected to do my homework.