The End

Fghik

Well, seeing as it's 2012 and all; I figured it'd be nice to get an end of the world discussion-thread going. --regardless if you believe in 2012 or not--

(Sorry if this is a duplicate thread... I haven't seen one.)

Now, I'm not much of a believer of 2012 (although I'll still love&tolerate you if YOU believe in 2012)... I'm really the agnostic of apocalypse. (For those who don't know, an agnostic is similar to an atheist, except an agnostic is more of a "...maybe?" rather than a "no") But all in all, I feel the world needs to end sometime...or get immensely better. Now which would be easier?

I imagine the world ending because of ourselves trying to "save the world." I would die laughing from the irony. I picture it as a giant war just ending. Whoever wins gets bragging rights for being the most bad-flank around; but the land being so devastated they all die too. :D

Call me crazy (go ahead...do it,) but I'm perfectly OK with the world ending. I'm not some sort of suicidal emo kid, but maybe I'm more along the lines of a realist. Face it, there has been a war somewhere for over 200 years IN A ROW now...There is no way world-peace will ever be achieved, unless people stop arguing over stupid things. World peace cannot exist as long as humans are alive. They are vile creatures; and I am cursed to live as one. I am not saying that I'd want to be the sole survivor and sit alone in an empty room for all eternity, but rather if everyone has to die in order for peace to exist, I'd die for that. I'd be completely willing to trade my life for world-peace. Besides, I'm sure a new species of human will evolve eventually, maybe they won't be so prejudiced?

Heartbreak only exists for those with hearts; so world-war can only exist in a world. If the world ended, there would be no war to be fought. There would be nobody to start an argument, or end one.

Meh, those are my thoughts. But mine are unimportant. What are yours?

I, being in the psychology field, have no religious beliefs. I for one, do not believe such a thing could happen. I DO however, believe that you are correct. Men are creatures of greed. The seek power, and wealth, and can never have enough of either. The only way humans will ever truly live in peace would be the abolition of religion, and the understanding of the people on the whole, which will never happen. But even if we do not soon die from an apacolypse, we will soon crumble, as the time of our civilization is coming to an end.

• Brohoof 3

I think it would be cool to see the end of the world... just sayin'

To be there to see buildings crumble, cities swallowed by the ocean, civilizations consumed by fire, or whatever you cannot deny that there'd be a sense of beauty in seeing it all!

I don't believe in 2012 at all, but if it does happen I'd be the first to get out the popcorn!

Edited by Colton Manestache

First of all, can you remember the 2000? they said the world would end by some kind of religious things. And that just makes me not believe that 2012 will end like that. Though, as I've watched some documentaries I started believing, which stated that there is a chance that a super flare(or nova) from the sun could fry our ozone layer and evey living thing on the surface of the earth, not to mention every satellite around it that would take us to the stone age. Though, I doubt we will have such a thing soon like at the end of 2012. Maybe after a few years or after few hundred years, but not after one year

And what about world peace? I atually think that humanity will never achieve it... and actually, I think that there is going to be a third WW after about ten or fifteen years from now. We, as a race, are very Immature. We only think about ourselves and rarely think about the consequences that will take place after we do something. Examples would be: rapid usage of earth resources; usage oil and fossil fuels; killing endangered animals for fur; polluting the earth and space with trash and so on.

And another theory I believe is that humanity will some how build THE ultimate robots that will eventually conspire against us and kill us in the end. Yes, I watched "I, Robot" and I believe in it.

• Brohoof 1

And another theory I believe is that humanity will some how build THE ultimate robots that will eventually conspire against us and kill us in the end. Yes, I watched "I, Robot" and I believe in it.

I always tought the grey goo scenario holds better ground than the whole rebel robot thing.

But in all honesty the media has really blown the whole 2012 thing to the point where it's just laughable to believe in it, I mean seriously humanity already has the means to end it's own existance so if anything it's more likely well be the ones to end it.

• Brohoof 1

I always tought the grey goo scenario holds better ground than the whole rebel robot thing.

Nanotechnology? Hm, now that I think of it, it may have a better possibility of killing us than big robots.

Edited by Freckle

I don't really see the world ending, or humanity being wiped out. Its more plausible to me that the world as we know it will change. Maybe there will be some sort of global summit where every government changes their priorities to something more beneficial to humanity at large. Of course, it could be good or bad.

But to be honest I don't think anything will happen, although I am hopeful that we'll finally meet aliens.

I don't really see the world ending, or humanity being wiped out. Its more plausible to me that the world as we know it will change. Maybe there will be some sort of global summit where every government changes their priorities to something more beneficial to humanity at large. Of course, it could be good or bad.

But to be honest I don't think anything will happen, although I am hopeful that we'll finally meet aliens.

If I remember right, there are supposed to be tons of elections this year; for tons of countries (like almost any of the democratic ones.) So It could be something government-ey.

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012. If it doesn't then I'm right, and I can go around doing the "I told you so" to all my friends. If it does, then it wont matter anyway.

This again...

Because a bunch of Native Americans said that we were going to die, does not mean we are going to die.

Besides, they said "The world starts anew"

Which means "restart"

Not going BOOOM.

Eeeyup.

The Mayans never said anything about the world ending, and even so it would be ourselves that do it.

The chances of all the countries joining together and stopping all war... about the same as the chances of me turning into a ball of toffee.

Not that I don't want world peace, it's just that the people that could do something about it never seem to do so.

People have been predicting the end of the world since the world began and none have been right so far. Remember that guy last year that said the world was going to end on May 21st and it didn't so then he said Oct 25th and it didn't? And people were giving him all sorts of money and stuff thinking he had some secret knowledge.

Personally, I am religious and spiritual but I think that the world will end in about 5 billion years when the sun begins its end cycle and engulfs the earth. I think people will be extinct by then because we might evolve into a new species or because of planetary changes that we cannot adapt to.

It would probably be great fun being the last human on the planet. No rules, I could just live off the land, pillage homes, shoot guns, it would be almost as good as Equestria. The chance of the world ending in 2012 is slim, but we can always dream. No, I don't consider myself to be emo.

I'm still incredibly disappointed that the Rapture did not come.

I mean man, it would have taken the annoying fundie Christians away and leave the world for ourselves to have a LITTLE more fun right? Hahaha.

• 8 years later...
On 1/15/2012 at 8:17 AM, Fghik said:

Meh, those are my thoughts. But mine are unimportant. What are yours?

2012 was too good for a doomsday. We got so much new Bronies and the fan content was great!

44 minutes ago, Megas said:

I think we were roughly 8 years off lol

Oh god, you are right!

I mean I was not even considering the covid-19 and political situation. The comet NEOWISE was very close as well, and discovered just in March this year. 2020 will be the new 2012, let us make it the best Brony year since 2012 as well!