• Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna
  2. 2. Who do you wanna lose?

• Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Twilight Sparkle
    • Princess Luna

I know, I thought Applejack would have more votes. I voted for Luna because, hey, she's best pony and all. She deserves to win, not a chicken and a farmer!

Applejack, along with being the best pony to ever exist, is a member of the Mane 6 and is not dependent on fanon for her likeability. Look beyond the fanfics, my friends, and you will know who to vote for. 

If you don't vote for Applejack, I... I....

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

Applejack has my vote.  I mean, really, the alternatives are a princess we see once or twice a season and one of the CMCs.  I think Luna is a babe and I wish Scootaloo the best, but I'm not voting against AJ.  Nope, no way. 

Unless her opponents are Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Sorry for the late update all, I was out of town. Princess Luna moves on to Round 4 with 12 votes to AJ's 8 and Scoots' 4.

Now, I've added each pony's Round 3 average to the number of votes they got in Round 2. Current standings are:

1: Fluttershy: 25+4.2=29.2

2: Rarity: 23+4.3=27.3

3: Rainbow Dash: 20+4.6=24.6

4: Twilight Sparkle: 17+4.2=21.2

5: Princess Luna: 17+4.1=21.1

Now then, at this stage you get two votes. One vote for the pony you want to win, and one for the pony you really don't want to win. At the end of the week, around 1 A.M Pacific Time, each pony's positive votes will have the others subtracted from them, added to their total above, and the ponies with the two highest scores get to move on to the championship round. Get voting everyone :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late, since I wasn't up to dealing with this last night but here we are.

Final scores are:

1: Rarity: 23+4.3=27.3

2: Rainbow Dash: 20+4.6=26.6

3: Fluttershy: 25+4.2=26.2

4: Twilight Sparkle: 17+4.2=22.2

5: Princess Luna: 17+4.1=21.1

Not a whole lot of participation in that round, but it works. The final two are Rainbow Dash and Rarity, and only one can win. This round'll last two weeks.

GO DASHIE!

• Brohoof 2

'Rarity is so under-appreciated D; Omfg'. Welp, clearly this forum is a tad different than the fandom as a whole :P That, or 'Rarity being the underdog of the Mane Six besides AJ' has severely changed in the past year.

Dashieeee~

• Brohoof 1

GO RARITY!

Although Rainbow Dash is a good character (don't get me wrong, I love her,) I just like Rarity better. Sorry Rainbow Dash </3

Edited by Art Streak

Wow, I can't believe Fluttershy missed the finals by thatmuch.  :P

But I can't complain, as she just won a big contest at Hubworld.  :)

Anyway, this is an interesting match-up.  Among Mane 6 ponies, I didn't think Rarity would make it to this point.  But I don't consider her presence here to be a fluke.  She's a wonderful pony and has all the attributes one would expect of a finalist.  Rarity has dazzling charm, charisma, beauty, and, yes, brains.  :D  Nobody should really be surprised to see Sweetie Belle's big sister in the finals. 

Now you must be thinking I'm just blowing a lot of hot air because I'm going to vote for Rainbow Dash anyway.  And you're right, I am voting for Dashie.  ;)  But I love all Mane 6 ponies and I insist on giving credit where credit is due. 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1

Rarity definitely has my vote. Why, you might ask? Although Rainbow Dash is 20% cooler, Rarity is elegant, polite, and graceful. Even if she does lose, a lady always acts with dignity when in defeat.

Do not get me wrong. I love all of the Mane 6!

You're really gonna make me vote between my two favorite characters?  :(

I'm probably gonna go with Rainbow Dash, her moments stand out more for me

• Brohoof 1

And...3...2...1...

TIME

By popular vote, Rainbow Dash has prevailed over Rarity by a score of 14 votes to 11 and is this year's Grand Pony-Off Champion!

zkb2.png

It's been an interesting event, for more reasons than one. Many wonderful characters were nominated and many were also eliminated. Still, at the end of the day, only one could triumph, and it happened to be the rainbow pony :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG8ZixGq5D4

She is pleased, as am I :D. A big thanks to all who have participated, and made this thing a good competition :)

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Looks like Dashie avenged Spitfire's defeat to Rarity in the preliminaries :3 Best ponies gotta stick together.

post-4006-0-73614700-1379404402_thumb.jpg

Go Rainbow Pony! On top of March Madness, she has prevailed with her cuteness, bad-assness and courageous attitude over all other ponies.

Rarity got second place. I want to hear no such 'Rarity is so unappreciated D;' from you Rarity fans, anymore :P Only AJ fans get to bitch.

• Brohoof 1

Congrats to Rainbow Dash.  :)  And let's give a big hand to Rarity too as she made the finals very interesting.  :D

RD only won by three votes which is a rather slim margin.  But on the other hand, there was a mere total of 25 votes.  I expected more member participation than that.  :mellow:

• Brohoof 1

RD only won by three votes which is a rather slim margin.  But on the other hand, there was a mere total of 25 votes.  I expected more member participation than that.  :mellow:

There was shittons of activity when this event started, as this has been a yearly thing that has been very popular. But it dropped off significantly when Tom The Diamond lost the ability to be at all active here. The result was, this contest sat here with no updates and almost no posts for week after week, an entire month or two passing between times Tom was able to finally update it. Eventually he just stopped coming on altogether, and only after a while did DF take up the helm.

I imagine most people have simply found the contest stagnant and uninteresting at this point, grown accustomed to it sitting here in the pinned topics and thus ignoring it, and you can't truly blame them. But Dashie still won so that's all that matters :3

I think I'll be unpinning this, now.

• Brohoof 3

soclose.jpg

Now that I kinda like Rarity, I was really hoping she would win some sort of contest for once, but alas, Rainbow Dash had to win and ruin the fun. At least she put up a good fight!