-

Link is my favorite

I first found out about it during the summer of 2011. I watched the first 2 episodes with some prejudice. I could see why people liked it, but I didn't really like it.

By the time December came around, I began to see alot more pony material on sites that I used, and watched the first 2 episodes unbiased.

Let's just say I was thouroughly impressed.

The 21st of June in the year 2011.

That's when I started.

So, I frequent this forum where people talk about brickfilming, and then suddenly, it is hit with the MLP, and several users start to watch it. Not just any users, but the more mature users, the kind of people I would never expect to do such a thing. It was quite odd.

I was quite curious about it, so I asked, and they told me what they typically tell you when asked about it, how it's a good show. Before watching an episode, I also saw the My Little Pony Physics presentation, which I also enjoyed.

I was very curious at the time, and naturally, I didn't hate on it, because I didn't want to be that sort of person who misjudges something without even watching it, like those silly people who don't like Doctor Who without watching it.

Before watching my first episode, I actually kinda hoped I would enjoy it, because I really like being a fan of things and enjoying really nice shows and such. :)

And so I watched my first episode; Sonic Rainboom. :D

It was a good enough starter episode, I loved the beginning, (yay) but I thought that Rarity was a bit annoying in that episode.

It was definitely good enough to get my attention, and thus I went on to watch more, Green isn't your Color really got me hooked.

Unfortunately, though, after a few episodes, my mum didn't like me watching it, and she banned ponies. :( I was pretty sad after that. And I went five months without another episode, and then in November she unbanned it. And I went on watching the remaining episodes along with the few that Season 2 now had, and my mind was full of pony. :D

Late August 2012, I kept getting told to watch it, but I couldn't because I had school and stuff, so when it finally got to the summer holidays, I watched the whole of Seasons 1 & 2 inside and out. I just thought it was a good show, but when I got to the Cutie Mark Chronicles episode, I pretty much discovered I was obsessed. But I also played with the early G3 toys in my childhood though.

Edited by Scootaloox

Been official since about February of this year for me. I could have gotten in earlier, but as something of an animation buff (I love Disney, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, anime, etc.) I knew that this was something that would eat up a whole ton of my time and so I put it off.

I've been a pony fan for almost a year now, though I have known the show for a far longer time, around when all that hassle on 4chan happened. Watched one episode and I got hooked ever since.

Since FiM, and despite what some may say, I'm going to guess that 90% of the people here were first interested in at FiM IF they are males. Just going to guess.

Also I've been a fan since about the first week the show got out when someone sent me a link to the first episode and I've just kind of been a fan since then.

Edited by Suprememessage

It's kind of hard to determine for me. I mean, I was kind of fan of the show before seeing it because I think that the idea of breaking from society in any way is an awesome concept. Unfortunately, for reasons of self-consciousness I didn't watch the show for a long time. That said, I'd read a few fanfics before that ("Cupcakes" and "My Little Dashie" in that order. The latter convinced me to watch the show), so I guess I've been a fan for over a year. I officially watched an episode on February 4th, 2012. I kind of already knew I'd like the show, so the fact that I loved it came as no real surprise to me.

Edited by whoovesfan7698

I had heard rumors of a group of guys who liked My Little Pony over the summer of 2011. I shrugged and moved on, people are free to like whatever they want to like. However, it wasn't until late November 2011 that I made first contact with the show when I was hanging out with a new friend of mine whom drew ponies. First episode I watched with my friend was Winter Wrap Up. Unexpectedly, I found myself enjoying the show. However, I didn't offciailly become a Brony until a few weeks later during December 2011 when I started the series from Episode 1.

I have been a fan for a while now, but the first episode I saw was the Zap Apples episode. :) At the time I didn't know what the show was so I watched it for a minute or two then went to the next show. About 3 months later I started hearing all these great things on Reddit about the show, and I decided to go back and check it out for real this time. And next thing I knew I LOVED the show. :D But I have mostly been a fan around the timing of season finale of season 1 I would have to say.

It's also the reason of the pony Dr.Whooves that I started to check out the Doctor Who series. And now I love both shows all the way to the bottom of my heart. :wub:

Edited by The Galex Dj

i followed a cosplayer on facebook for awhile and she did a Rainbow Dash cosplayer one day and posted a pic. i didnt know what a Rainbow Dash was, so i did some googling. didnt think much of it at the time so life went on. later on i was youtubing some Forza Motorsport 4 drift videos and came across someone proclaiming having successfully did a Sonic Rainboom in a car, more curiousity erupted and it came back to MLP... again. month or two down the road, Netflix suggested i watch MLP due to my other interests... so i added it to my queue and forgot about it again.

all this comes to a close about a month later when i started watching it on my netbook while i was cleaning some stuff on my truck. slowest work bench sesson ever since i kept stopping to look at the screen while i was working. been hooked ever since.

When I was little I had G3 toys ^_^ I didn't watch the show, though. But I've been a Brony since last year, this month. There's no exact day as it took me a while to understand what exactly a Brony was.

When Generation 3 was going around, I bought some of the toys.

I still remember my first ones: Crystal Crown And The Wishing Well, Some Pony With A Scooter, and Skywishes with A Jewelry Box.

And my father bought me the books and got me into reading. (Pinkie Pie taught me the meaning of Exclaimed!)

And then I continued buying the toys, but the mini ones.

Eventually, the rainbows and sunshine and flowers subsided as I grew older.

And then the show came.

When I grew, the show grew.

:D

Ever since I was three. :lol:

I had quite a collection, though they were mainly knock-offs my mum bought me from charity shops, but I had official ones too.

I had the movie on video, and I've been watching the show since G1, so when I started watching G4, I noticed the references straight away, lol.

• Brohoof 1