Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Everypony's Religion And Why?

Ezynell

What is your religion?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. What is your religion?

• Catholic
    • Orthodox
    • Protestant
    • Lutheran
    • Anglican
    • Methodist
    • Baptists
    • Unitarian/ Universalist
    • Christian (other, or general)
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Satanist
    • Reform
    • Judaism (other, or general)
    • Equestreism (or don't care)
    • Electic Pagan (added at request)
    • Wicca (added at request)
    • Jehovah's Witness (added at request)
    • Spiritual (added at request)
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll try to add it ASAP)

I see that there's a healthy debate going on already.  A part of me wants to toss my hat into the ring, but another part of me wonders if I should read more than just the last page before I do that.  For now, I'll just go on the record saying I'm an atheist.  Yeah.  An atheist on the Internet.  How boring, right?

I'd go into detail, but at the moment that's going to take more effort than I'm willing to give.  That is to say, I do know why I believe what I do (my thoughts are a bit more detailed than just lack of belief), but I don't really feel like summoning the mental energy to articulate the details at the moment.

One thing I will say for the moment, however is this:  I know a few nonreligious persons in real life; none of them are family.  When I have to go to an event like a wedding or funeral in the family, I have to give an appearance of being at least somewhat religious.  The thing is, I do not earnestly believe in the hymns and prayers, so I have trouble bringing myself to actually say them.  I kind of unconsciously think "I can't say this stuff.  I'm already lying and pretending enough as it is to appease relatives."

I know what you mean there dude. Most of my family are either Christian or atheist, and I'm sure many would either think I'm an idiot or disown me if they discovered my religion. So I have To act like I believe in Christian god a lot, even though I REALLY don't like to. And you know, just because you don't believe in Christian god doesn't make you an atheist. Not trying to convert you, but there's more then just Christianity and atheism out there, a lot more.

I see that there's a healthy debate going on already.  A part of me wants to toss my hat into the ring, but another part of me wonders if I should read more than just the last page before I do that.  For now, I'll just go on the record saying I'm an atheist.  Yeah.  An atheist on the Internet.  How boring, right?

I'd go into detail, but at the moment that's going to take more effort than I'm willing to give.  That is to say, I do know why I believe what I do (my thoughts are a bit more detailed than just lack of belief), but I don't really feel like summoning the mental energy to articulate the details at the moment.

One thing I will say for the moment, however is this:  I know a few nonreligious persons in real life; none of them are family.  When I have to go to an event like a wedding or funeral in the family, I have to give an appearance of being at least somewhat religious.  The thing is, I do not earnestly believe in the hymns and prayers, so I have trouble bringing myself to actually say them.  I kind of unconsciously think "I can't say this stuff.  I'm already lying and pretending enough as it is to appease relatives."

Honestly, dude, one of the reasons I became a heathen, is because I never felt right about praying to god, carrying a cross, or even following anything the bible dictated, so I decided to look for a more suitable belief, one that didn't make me feel so...forced.

After a bit of searching, I discovered Heathenism. And I liked the sound of it, so I decided to study up on it. I found the gods to be much more personal, and friendly, and the morals were just right for me! So, after taking a while to think about it, I converted to Heathenism, and I never looked back. One of the most important things about joining another religion, is that if you wish to be happy, it must fit your morals, your beliefs, and it must feel right to you.

I know that my words are probably wasted, but I thought I should at least give me two cents on the matter. Just don't follow a religion because it makes others happy, follow it because it makes YOU happy. Thanks for reading. /)

• Brohoof 1

What is "sensible and logical" is not irrelevant. It may simply be that what you find sensible and logical is not the same as what I find sensible and logical. And you have no right to say your sensibility and logic are better than mine (not that you did say that, but it seemed to be implied).

So the majority of people who follow the Bible use it as evidence that God exists? How do you know this? To make such a claim with any authority, you'd have to have interviewed "the majority of people who follow the Bible" and found your understanding to be true. But as it is, it sounds like pure speculation and misinformation.

"Because that is the logic of Christians." So now you're trying to tell me the logic that use, when you don't even know me. That ain't gonna work, mate. I don't believe in God "because He said so". I believe in God because it makes sense to me. Because all I've seen in the world corroborates my belief in Him. And I don't know a single fellow Christian who solely believes in Him "because He said so".

And let me remind you that scientists of the times proved Africans to be inferior to whites, and they proved that homosexuality was a mental disorder. Yes, the church held some wacky scientific beliefs, but so did the scientific community of the times. It wasn't just the church. Scientists have long been proving what they wanted to prove because they wanted it to be true.

Well if you are an individual who chooses faith over thinking about the facts, posibilites and proof, then I'm afraid I can't really see you as fit to lecture me on sence and logic. What "I find" to be sensible and logic, are what the definitions of "sensible" and "logical".

This is quite ironic, as you have made a snap assumption that I've made a snap assumption. I go to a Christain school, where people use it as proof god exists, I went to church, were people used as proof that god exists, then the rest one could not consider a valid source as it is on the Internet, but the religious people I met there used as evidence. You are the only person I've ever met which says it is not to be used as proof.

As I said, if you chose to believe something simply because of faith and being told to, then you have already shown the type of logic you exhibit, thus I do not need to know you. Well I would believe that "the world collaborating my belief in him" would be because the bible said stuff like "god is all powerful" and "created the world". I am confident that anything in the world you think is proof that god is real, is in fact proofable by science. Thus, it must be an influence of relegion that makes you see it as god, not as science, causing it, such religious influence that comes from the bible. And just as a general rule for structured debates, don't bring your personal life into a topic, and don't ask for others personal life.

Yes, so did the bible, they were miss lead by their belief in various religions. Because those (including scientist) at the time had religion watching over them, they followed it, thus they believed what they were told, but if they didnt belief that and did a DNA test, they may have found it to be the same. Once again, because the bible said so, up until at least the 1900's one was ostracised for not beliving in a religion, at least a little bit, so if you wish to look at what held back science and scientists for 1000's of years, look at the bible. They wanted it to be true because "god" along with the church did.

And you know, just because you don't believe in Christian god doesn't make you an atheist. Not trying to convert you, but there's more then just Christianity and atheism out there, a lot more.

I'm plenty aware of that.  The thing is, I just personally don't have a reason to necessarily strongly believe in any particular religion.  Sure, there may be a god of some sort out there.  In my mind though, I don't see an impact on my daily life.  Furthermore, I'm doubtful in any particular religion's ability to get it right.  There's a lot of specific claims made by various religions, and honestly I just don't see a reason to believe in them.

I should note that I've actually been a nonbeliever for several years.  I've had plenty of time to reflect on my take on belief.

Edited by Gyruss
  • Brohoof 2

Well if you are an individual who chooses faith over thinking about the facts, posibilites and proof, then I'm afraid I can't really see you as fit to lecture me on sence and logic. What "I find" to be sensible and logic, are what the definitions of "sensible" and "logical".

This is quite ironic, as you have made a snap assumption that I've made a snap assumption. I go to a Christain school, where people use it as proof god exists, I went to church, were people used as proof that god exists, then the rest one could not consider a valid source as it is on the Internet, but the religious people I met there used as evidence. You are the only person I've ever met which says it is not to be used as proof.

As I said, if you chose to believe something simply because of faith and being told to, then you have already shown the type of logic you exhibit, thus I do not need to know you. Well I would believe that "the world collaborating my belief in him" would be because the bible said stuff like "god is all powerful" and "created the world". I am confident that anything in the world you think is proof that god is real, is in fact proofable by science. Thus, it must be an influence of relegion that makes you see it as god, not as science, causing it, such religious influence that comes from the bible. And just as a general rule for structured debates, don't bring your personal life into a topic, and don't ask for others personal life.

Yes, so did the bible, they were miss lead by their belief in various religions. Because those (including scientist) at the time had religion watching over them, they followed it, thus they believed what they were told, but if they didnt belief that and did a DNA test, they may have found it to be the same. Once again, because the bible said so, up until at least the 1900's one was ostracised for not beliving in a religion, at least a little bit, so if you wish to look at what held back science and scientists for 1000's of years, look at the bible. They wanted it to be true because "god" along with the church did.

Sir, I honestly believe that you are a very smart man, and I'm sure I could learn a lot from you, but you've done little thus far but disrespect me and what I believe. If I have offended you, I sincerely apologize. I would like to engage in a reasonable debate here, but that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

Sir, I honestly believe that you are a very smart man, and I'm sure I could learn a lot from you, but you've done little thus far but disrespect me and what I believe. If I have offended you, I sincerely apologize. I would like to engage in a reasonable debate here, but that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

I understand your concern and I value your opinion, should you wish to debate on a different topic, please do feel free to PM me.

• Brohoof 2

I thought with atheism there is no morals.

And you got it backwards.

Many religions come off of Christianity.

Christianity didn't really copy any religion.

Really? I've read segments of the Quran, Torah and the Bible and through my inference, I can tell that the vague story of "God's child" and "The prophets" stories/teaching are not original at all.

The virgin birth story appears at least 700 years before the story of Christ, even within this same story there are other striking resembles such as:

The proto-Jesus is crucified and resurrected, has a father who is a carpenter.

Not to mention all the other alternative -or otherwise additional- stories that are much older than Christianity itself. Even Greek mythology has its roots entwined in many beliefs and their foundation's.

Plus I've had enough of this:

post-23420-0-53898000-1395526865.jpeg

Edited by Neutrino
  • Brohoof 2

Really? I've read segments of the Quran, Torah and the Bible and through my inference, I can tell that the vague story of "God's child" and "The prophets" stories/teaching are not original at all.

The virgin birth story appears at least 700 years before the story of Christ, even within this same story there are other striking resembles such as:

The proto-Jesus is crucified and resurrected, has a father who is a carpenter.

Not to mention all the other alternative -or otherwise additional- stories that are much older than Christianity itself. Even Greek mythology has its roots entwined in many beliefs and their foundation's.

Plus I've had enough of this:

attachicon.gifIMG_6792252813807.jpeg

I have to say I agree with most of what you said. I know it's their religion, but I personally hate it when christians act like Christianity is the first religion ever and that it didn't borrow anything from other religions. Not all Christians do this mind you, but the ones that do are annoying. I've heard some stupid stuff before too, like some thinking Thor originated from a biblical figure and that loki is secretly the son of satan.
  • Brohoof 2

Oh, and just think:

At least if science doesn't explain everything i'd laugh if when i die i learn that one of these so called 'religions' were right all along.

Nuwaubianism,

Jedi-ism,

The Church of Euthanasia,

Aleph,

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,

Scientology (and even the grammar fail known as)

Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth.

It actually hurts me to read into most of these. Something counter-intuitive is fine, but seriously, WTF??? Is up with these ideologies?

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Mormon, a faithful follower of our prophet Joseph Smith...because I believe!

JK, just another run of the mill agnostic atheist, but heavily leaning on the atheist side. Religion and spirituality has never had any impact on my life and I'm frankly glad. I can just be me without any external influences to tie me down. Good on others if they find something that works for 'em though!

• Brohoof 1

Oh, and just think:

At least if science doesn't explain everything i'd laugh if when i die i learn that one of these so called 'religions' were right all along.

Nuwaubianism,

Jedi-ism,

The Church of Euthanasia,

Aleph,

Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,

Scientology (and even the grammar fail known as)

Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth.

It actually hurts me to read into most of these. Something counter-intuitive is fine, but seriously, WTF??? Is up with these ideologies?

if any of these were true I'd probably kill myself a second time lol. Well, except for maybe the FSM afterlife. That actually sounds pretty cool :lol: and Scientology isn't a religion, it's a scam built to look like a religion :comeatus:

*Cough EveryReligionOrBeliefThinksThey'reRightButThey'reNotLol Cough*

it's a scam built to look like a religion

And Scientology isn't a 'scam' for the most part, the majority of Scientologists actually believe their own system. But the rest lie about their true beliefs or whatever. Damn them.

*Cough EveryReligionOrBeliefThinksThey'reRightButThey'reNotLol Cough*

And Scientology isn't a 'scam' for the most part, the majority of Scientologists actually believe their own system. But the rest lie about their true beliefs or whatever. Damn them.

I actually don't know if my religion is right or not. And this may sound strange, but I believe in other deities from other religions as well. Heck, I even believe in the Christian god and satan :lol: my mind works funny
  • Brohoof 1

Sure Sole! In fact, that's great! Just don't shove it in anyone's faces :(

A comedian (who I forgot his name) once said:

'Religion is like a penis. You can be proud of one, use one -even in rituals- but one thing you never do -ever- is rub one in another persons face.'

I guess this analogy is the most true from what I've read.

Sure Sole! In fact, that's great! Just don't shove it in anyone's faces :(

A comedian (who I forgot his name) once said:

'Religion is like a penis. You can be proud of one, use one -even in rituals- but one thing you never do -ever- is rub one in another persons face.'

I guess this analogy is the most true from what I've read.

lol, I've heard a slightly different version myself. But don't worry, I try to hide my religion more often then not. Too many people who'd give me hate for my beliefs -_-
  • Brohoof 1

I assume this has already been brought up, but Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, and maybe Unitarian are all Protestant.  Plus, "Equestreism" is not a religion, no matter how religious some bronies are about the fandom.

As for me, I identify as a Protestant, primarily because my family is.  I've been on the fence though, and I may become an agnostic/atheist when I gain independence.  I was an atheist when I was younger.  I wish religious beliefs were either undeniably true or undeniably false.  That would make life so much easier.  It is just so confusing: I would not want to be an atheist if I knew that the Bible was certainly true, because I'd end up in hell!  That is what keeps me a Christian.

Edited by StarSwirlTheBearded

I assume this has already been brought up, but Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, and maybe Unitarian are all Protestant.  Plus, "Equestreism" is not a religion, no matter how religious some bronies are about the fandom.

As for me, I identify as a Protestant, primarily because my family is.  I've been on the fence though, and I may become an agnostic/atheist when I gain independence.  I was an atheist when I was younger.  I wish religious beliefs were either undeniably true or undeniably false.  That would make life so much easier.  It is just so confusing: I would not want to be an atheist if I knew that the Bible was certainly true, because I'd end up in hell!  That is what keeps me a Christian.

But... if you are a Christian, you are certainly condemned in many other religions. Making a decision out of fear really isn't the way to go.

• Brohoof 3

I thought with atheism there is no morals.

You thought wrong, little goyim :B

Atheism merely means "lack of a god". One can still subscribe to a religion or a philosophy. So no, atheists do not believe there are no morals, and they do not make up their own morals.

The belief in the Christian God is older than any other religion.

Go read a history book. Or google "oldest religion". It'll do you some good.

EDIT: LINK

Edited by Static Electricity

I find it interesting about how atheist people think they're smarter than religious people. When you meet a figurative language and metaphors in novel books, you think it's artistic and try to understand the real meaning behind it, but when you meet a figurative language and metaphors in religion books, you take them literally and label it as "nonsense." What a smart people.

I find it interesting about how atheist people think they're smarter than religious people. When you meet a figurative language and metaphors in novel books, you think it's artistic and try to understand the real meaning behind it, but when you meet a figurative language and metaphors in religion books, you take them literally and label it as "nonsense." What a smart people.

Untrue. If the stories in the Bible and other religious books were presented as metaphors and were not meant to be taken seriously, they would be marked as such - they are not. They are marked as the true word of whatever God they promote. We look at figurative language and metaphors in books that are NOT presented as whole truth and do attempt to understand them, or at least people who are interested in that do, but that stuff is not presented as the true word the way Holy Books are. Also, there are stories throughout religious books that if you try to take them literally as intended, ARE impossible and ARE ridiculous.

Untrue. If the stories in the Bible and other religious books were presented as metaphors and were not meant to be taken seriously, they would be marked as such - they are not. They are marked as the true word of whatever God they promote. We look at figurative language and metaphors in books that are NOT presented as whole truth and do attempt to understand them, or at least people who are interested in that do, but that stuff is not presented as the true word the way Holy Books are. Also, there are stories throughout religious books that if you try to take them literally as intended, ARE impossible and ARE ridiculous.

Ah, it's that kind of statements again. Well, can't help it.

First of all, what did you expect? Them printing, "This book contains the use of figurative language, metaphors, and similes. Please read this artistic book with care," on the book cover? After all, you're only seeing the building from one side of a wall. Let's make an example.

"Lust is harmful," is said to be true words of God. Lust is harmful. It's true. Then, what do you think God is? Some sort of invisible being living up in the sky? Has it ever crossed in your mind that what they mean with God here is a figurative expression? Could it be an expression of that ultimate force in our heart that makes us feel which is right and wrong? Could it be something that we call humanity? It's divine. It's pure. It's holy. What is hell? It's described in a such dreadful way. Could it be the feeling of intense guilt we get from doing wrong things?

I guess you interpret, "True words of God," as literal words said by some kind of supernatural being. You even misunderstand that part, so stop thinking that religions are stupid.

People are forgetting the main purpose of religions. They're there to guide your moral. That's all. They're not trying to fill your head with fantasies like you think they are. All the metaphors were used to give you a better view about it, because you can't describe abstract things like feelings. People also loved art, and they respected the idea of goodness they were following, so it's very normal to them to write it in a such beautiful way.

When you see something that doesn't make sense, try to understand it again. It's very likely that you just don't get it.

Edited by Sky Warden

Ah, it's that kind of statements again. Well, can't help it.

First of all, what did you expect? Them printing, "This book contains the use of figurative language, metaphors, and similes. Please read this artistic book with care," on the book cover? After all, you're only seeing the building from one side of a wall. Let's make an example.

"Lust is harmful," is said to be true words of God. Lust is harmful. It's true. Then, what do you think God is? Some sort of invisible being living up in the sky? Has it ever crossed in your mind that what they mean with God here is a figurative expression? Could it be an expression of that ultimate force in our heart that makes us feel which is right and wrong? Could it be something that we call humanity? It's divine. It's pure. It's holy. What is hell? It's described in a such dreadful way. Could it be the feeling of intense guilt we get from doing wrong things?

I guess you interpret, "True words of God," as literal words said by some kind of supernatural being. You even misunderstand that part, so stop thinking that religions are stupid.

People are forgetting the main purpose of religions. They're there to guide your moral. That's all. They're not trying to fill your head with fantasies like you think they are. All the metaphors were used to give you a better view about it, because you can't describe abstract things like feelings. People also loved art, and they respected the idea of goodness they were following, so it's very normal to them to write it in a such beautiful way.

When you see something that doesn't make sense, try to understand it again. It's very likely that you just don't get it.

The thing is... God isn't figurative in Holy Books. He's literal. There ARE parables and figurative things marked in Holy Books such as the Bible, but the majority of it is recorded as literal history. The Bible literally tells that God created the earth, that he has power over our lives, and that we should act a certain way in order to honor it. The stories in it are supposed to be one hundred percent true, historical fact, they are not metaphorical stories. Religions were never about morals. Initially, they were people's first attempts at understanding the world around them. Don't know how gravity works? Don't know why different creatures exist? Don't know why the air blows? Come up with a supernatural being to explain it. To make things simpler and easier to mentally process. Bad weather affecting crops? The sky god must be angry and isn't giving rain, let's sacrifice something to make it happy. After this, it became something easily used by governments in order to manipulate people into acting a certain way. This is why every major civilization has been religious, because it makes it easy to control people. Buddhism is very much about morals and achieving enlightenment, but religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Greek Mythology, Roman Mythology, ancient egyptian religions, etc. are not simply moral guidelines. Looking at them as moral guidelines is foolish, The Old Testament and the Qur'an are some of the least moral (by modern standards) books in existence, but I won't get into that.

Buddhism is very much about morals and achieving enlightenment, but religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Greek Mythology, Roman Mythology, ancient egyptian religions, etc. are not simply moral guidelines. Looking at them as moral guidelines is foolish

How would you think that way? Have you even ever learned them? I highly doubt you have, because of the way you said religion is just a form of escape from confusion. Have met many people like you. Those who see useless things much more than the important ones, like what matters and what doesn't.

If people in the past couldn't observe the space from the moon and think that someone lived up there, so what? What's the big deal? They meant good with their religions. They wanted to guide people to live safely, and peacefully. Just that. You're just cocky because you happen to live in an era where technology and science is more advanced. You're can't differ what matters and what doesn't, and see what the issue is, despite of how advanced education is in your era.

Islam didn't make sense to me at first, but after learning Buddhism, I found out that most of the things I thought literal were just metaphors. There's no difference between religions. Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, and Buddha shared their religions to guide people, and that's what matters.

Aside from the whole thing about interpreting words literally, there are also a lot of other misunderstandings. I find people misinterpreting the Qur'an in a seriously high level. They don't understand which is a guide, which is a historical record, etc. They even misunderstand what religions are. Not many people don't misunderstand Buddha's teachings because it's told in a simple language. It's not written with figurative language and metaphors. That's the only difference. They're basically teaching the same things.

I've met many religious Christians who are kind and helpful to others. I've met many religious Muslims who are polite, and respectful. I've met religious Buddhists or Hindu who are cheerful and caring. That's what matters. That's what religions were made for.

You're basically mocking people who share a great wisdom just because they dress in a very old-fashioned clothes. You don't listen to their words. You're too busy insulting their dress.

The thing is... God isn't figurative in Holy Books. He's literal. There ARE parables and figurative things marked in Holy Books such as the Bible, but the majority of it is recorded as literal history. The Bible literally tells that God created the earth, that he has power over our lives, and that we should act a certain way in order to honor it. The stories in it are supposed to be one hundred percent true, historical fact, they are not metaphorical stories. 

Is it ever mentioned that God is a literal guy floating up in the space in the books you've read? I've never read any statement which is close to that in mine.

Edited by Sky Warden

How would you think that way? Have you even ever learned them? I highly doubt you have, because of the way you said religion is just a form of escape from confusion. Have met many people like you. Those who see useless things much more than the important ones, like what matters and what doesn't.

If people in the past couldn't observe the space from the moon and think that someone lived up there, so what? What's the big deal? They meant good with their religions. They wanted to guide people to live safely, and peacefully. Just that. You're just cocky because you happen to live in an era where technology and science is more advanced. You're can't differ what matters and what doesn't, and see what the issue is, despite of how advanced education is in your era.

Islam didn't make sense to me at first, but after learning Buddhism, I found out that most of the things I thought literal were just metaphors. There's no difference between religions. Prophet Muhammad, Jesus, and Buddha shared their religions to guide people, and that's what matters.

Aside from the whole thing about interpreting words literally, there are also a lot of other misunderstandings. I find people misinterpreting the Qur'an in a seriously high level. They don't understand which is a guide, which is a historical record, etc. They even misunderstand what religions are. Not many people don't misunderstand Buddha's teachings because it's told in a simple language. It's not written with figurative language and metaphors. That's the only difference. They're basically teaching the same things.

I've met many religious Christians who are kind and helpful to others. I've met many religious Muslims who are polite, and respectful. I've met religious Buddhists or Hindu who are cheerful and caring. That's what matters. That's what religions were made for.

You're basically mocking people who share a great wisdom just because they dress in a very old-fashioned clothes. You don't listen to their words. You're too busy insulting their dress.

Is it ever mentioned that God is a literal guy floating up in the space in the books you've read? I've never read any statement which is close to that in mine.

Yes, what's important is that people are treating each other properly and are living moral lives. The religions, unfortunately, were not created simply in order to guide people. They were created by people that actually believed what they were saying or were trying to take advantage of other people through what they teach. There are vast differences between the religions, they teach vastly different behaviors for completely different purposes. Old Testament law for example, was extremely brutal. You could be stoned to death for working on the sabbath. You could have ROCKS THROWN AT YOU UNTIL YOU DIED for working on a certain day. According to the old testament, the law was so strict to show our sinful nature and to show how much we need God. This was not a moral thing. This was "God is above you, so follow these laws". It banned eating shellfish, wearing clothes of mixed materials, and a lot of other non-moral junk. Religion is not a great wisdom. Religion is not some correct code of how you should live. It is literally theism, the belief in a supernatural being or force. Whether an individual religion is metaphorical or not, whether it's meant to be taken literally, is based completely on context. If you flip to genesis, the Bible is told as actual history, starting with the creation of the earth. This is not a story meant to teach us something, this is just the account of where the earth came from. After that, it's mostly just detailing the experiences of different people, starting with the Jews, God's "chosen people". After that, in the new testament, it deals with Jesus, how he came to save us from our sins. It tells us that we need to believe in him and follow his teachings. When you read the book, it's made extremely obvious.

You don't seem to understand what really is important. Yes, people acting in a mature, proper manner and having morals that benefit others is good. Not all religions have those. What's important is that millions of people around the earth believe in things that are not only impossible, but are complete fairy tails. This is childish and has caused horrendous things. The crusades, suicide bombing, shootings, denying people abortions, shaming of homosexuals/transexuals, murder, etc. If I went into an Islamic country, I could be killed for being an atheist. Tell me how that's moral. The important thing is, this gives people an excuse to behave in just about any way they want. This is a huge issue.

You don't seem to understand what really is important. Yes, people acting in a mature, proper manner and having morals that benefit others is good. Not all religions have those. What's important is that millions of people around the earth believe in things that are not only impossible, but are complete fairy tails. This is childish and has caused horrendous things. The crusades, suicide bombing, shootings, denying people abortions, shaming of homosexuals/transexuals, murder, etc. If I went into an Islamic country, I could be killed for being an atheist. Tell me how that's moral. The important thing is, this gives people an excuse to behave in just about any way they want. This is a huge issue.

People blame America when it's only the government who are doing bad things. People blame the religion when people who don't even understand a shit about it do bad things. People misunderstand their religions and kill people with it as their mask. It's the people. They don't follow their humanity, which is the metaphorical God. It's people.

Learn the difference. Learn what object does what. Men kill because of their worldly desires. Violence is tempting, I'm telling you. Religions obviously forbid violence, but they mask themselves with it. It's not because of religions, but men.

I told you there are so many misunderstanding in religions. Why? Because people are too dumb to understand written text. Let's take the Islam against Atheist case for an example. There's no command to kill people whose religion status isn't Islam, because Islam isn't a status, but an adjective. It means safe. Muslim means people who are safe. Islam means a way of safety, because that's what the religion is all about. To guide people to avoid harm, like by forbidding alcoholic drinks. Non-Muslim means people who don't live safely. I will say a Christian who follows his religion's teaching and do good things is Muslim because he's safe from harm. Even a good Atheist is safe from harm. It's even mentioned in the Qur'an that God doesn't care about social status and see people by their heart.

About the Old Testament, have you ever wondered if it's ever been edited by someone? I heard the Bible is edited by many people and there are more than 40 versions of it now. While Jesus might be a very kind man, how could you be so sure if the other authors were good as well?

Now, why do you disrespect religion that much?