Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Save Derpy Hooves  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Derpy Hooves: Hate or like?

• Against
    • Destroy the Misunderstanding

At least she's still clumsy, plus this voice was probably the one meant for her in the first place, the one that would have been done if there were no confusion. Don't understand why there's no name drop at all, though.

In my opinion the old version is still canon because it was the one aired and first put on iTunes. They can do whatever they want afterwards but it doesn't change what's already been done. Derpy is canon, she has a voice, and it belongs to Tabitha St. Germain. That is the truth and I will never accept this crap.

• Brohoof 5

I really hope there aren't actual people getting offended by Derpy. I tried to assume it was just people who didn't like the show pretending to be offended so they could change something the brony community holds dear. But this...I don't even know, man.

I think it's pretty pathetic. Atleast the old voice, and her crossed eyes gave her character, unlike a few of the background ponies that get the odd line.

and I really can't see how people could even remotely find it offensive. :I But ohwell, stupid hasbro.

It's not even just the voice change, it's that everything is different. No name, no eyes... basically none of the things that make her a distinct character are present. You can tell in the new voice recordings that their hearts just aren't in it, and that really saps the comedy from the whole thing. Now I just feel the same way RD does in the scene while I'm watching it.

Well, the original is already widespread on the internet, which means it's basically staying in circulation no matter what. I for one will forever consider the original to be canon and pretend this never happened.

• Brohoof 1

If they dont watch mlp then they should not worry about derpy. But everypony that watches mlp shouldn't care because its derpy!!! There is a national derpy day for celestia's sake! And the new derpy voice. Why not just put a bullet through my skull and save me the suffering!!

Edited by ScarletDagger

I just posted this elsewhere, but here it is again... my two cents.

I had a bad feeling about The Last Roundup being off of iTunes for so long, and my very first reaction was that of anger and disgust at Hasbro.

Then I remembered two things:

a. The unedited version - the iTunes 720p 5.1 surround rip, and any TV 1080 broadcast rip - is still floating around the internet via direct downloads and torrents. I have the original iTunes rip on my hard drive.

b. The "Friendship Express" DVD due out on Tuesday contains the episode in its unedited form as well.

I'm neutral on this, really. We're just going to have to live with it; we have both versions freely available now.

Now please don't hate me for this, but I actually kind of like this new voice. It sounds closer to the fan voiced Derpy (which is my favorite voice for her.) The other voice did sound a little too masculine for our bubbly mailmare.

I don't like that the removed her name, or that her crossed eyes aren't as noticable (you can still see her eyes cross at times, but not as much).

Fellow bronies. This has to be fixed or mlp is doomed forever. Derpy's new voice, new eyes. No name. Why cant hasbro understand that without derpy. Mlp. Isnt mlp. First thing in my life that i cried about when it changed. Why hasbro. Why did you have to let NON BRONIES talk you into changing derpy! Everypony loves derpy. And your breaking our hearts. You made Fluttershy cry. You dont make Fluttershy cry! Another rule. NEVER BREAK A PINKIE PROMISE! Derpy will live on. As derpy. Not some no name with a terrible voice. No matter how much you try to get rid of her. In our hearts. Derpy is derpy.

Edited by ScarletDagger
  • Brohoof 1

The voice wouldn't bother me if it sounded like the voice actress actually gave a shit. If this is still Tabitha, then she really just didn't care during this edit. I would be really surprised if it is, though. She's a professional.

Taking out the name isn't cool, but I could deal with that.

Underping her eyes...okay, that part is bullshit.

But what truly bothers me the most is that Hasbro caved to that minority group of idiots because they threw around meaningless words like "ableist" and yelled really loudly. I don't like it when idiots get their way.